AE's Movie Recommendations for YOU!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

American Eagle wrote: IDANCE4JESUS
1. It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
2. Newsies (1992)
3. Pride and Prejudice (1995)
4. Alaska (1996)
5. No More Baths (1998)
6. Remember the Titans (2000)
7. The Music Man (2003)
8. Over the Hedge (2006)
9. Saving Sarah Cain (2007)
10. G-Force (2009)

I have seen about 50% of those....but I'll check the rest out! \:D/ Thank you!
*insert provocative quote here*
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

A. Action, Adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, musical, sci-fi, thriller (SOME family stuff is good...and romance is ok if there's a real story behind it and not just cheesy dumb)
B. 5
C. 2, 3, 4
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

\:D/

a) adventure, animation, comedy
b) 3
c) 3
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

*cough* Inception was BORING! *cough*

So you watch a lot of kids movies, AE? I know you have siblings... it makes sense. Can I ask if you have watched any Rated R movies? *your family reminds me of my best friend's family. They can't even go see Thor, for example, without five good reviews and their mother having seen it first. lol. And Thor was pretty tame. That goes for any movie.*

Otherwise... eh... I have so many movies to see one day, lol. Star Trek. I so need to watch that soon *Chris Hemsworth!*

I'll take my chances though...

A. Animation, Comedy, Drama, Family
B. 5 *bound to not have seen one, aye? lol*
C. 2 and 3 *not say I wouldn't do all, but just, PG-13 is fine, nothing rated R. I actually DON'T watch those, if rarely and caught by chance of that high rating. Like the Kings Speech. Just language, nothing more that makes it Rated R. That was boring too. -_-*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

SoccerLOTR
1. Anna and the King (1999)
2. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (2008)
3. Music of the Heart (1999)
4. Little Men (1998)
5. Miss Potter (2006)
Irwin
1. Fiddler on the Roof (1971)
2. Holes (2003)
3. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)
4. National Treasure (2004)
5. Cast Away (2000)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
1. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009)
2. An American Tail (1986)
3. The Iron Giant (1999)
4. Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)
5. Enchanted (2007)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:*cough* Inception was BORING! *cough*
Please do not speak again. Ever. :P
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:So you watch a lot of kids movies, AE? I know you have siblings... it makes sense. Can I ask if you have watched any Rated R movies?
I watch a lot of... all movies, actually. :anxious: I follow the film industry in general, and like Jelly, have considered working as a filmmaker... probably not, though. I've seen many R-rated movies, most of which were rated for violence and/or language (very few from sexual content). I don't recommend most of them, though.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:*your family reminds me of my best friend's family. They can't even go see Thor, for example, without five good reviews and their mother having seen it first. lol. And Thor was pretty tame. That goes for any movie.*
Well, we don't go to the theater much at all... only for like Christian movies or Pixar. I'm sure my older siblings and I will see Thor on DVD.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

American Eagle wrote:SoccerLOTR
4. Little Men (1998)
5. Miss Potter (2006)
Wow, I'm impressed you didn't pick anything I'd already seen! Congrats! Not sure about #2, as a a few people have said it was somewhat depressing and not amazing...but we'll see. It's funny though...another friend suggested Miss Potter to me a while back...I'd completely forgotten what it was! Thank you for reminding me of it! 8-)
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
4. Little Men (1998)
5. Miss Potter (2006)
Wow, I'm impressed you didn't pick anything I'd already seen! Congrats! Not sure about #2, as a a few people have said it was somewhat depressing and not amazing...but we'll see. It's funny though...another friend suggested Miss Potter to me a while back...I'd completely forgotten what it was! Thank you for reminding me of it! 8-)
I just saw The Boy in the Striped Pajamas for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely depressing, but it makes a very good point. I'd say it's worth seeing.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

V-lady wrote:I just saw The Boy in the Striped Pajamas for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely depressing, but it makes a very good point. I'd say it's worth seeing.
I couldn't finish watching the ending when I guessed what was going to happen. :(
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

V-lady wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote:
4. Little Men (1998)
5. Miss Potter (2006)
I just saw The Boy in the Striped Pajamas for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely depressing, but it makes a very good point. I'd say it's worth seeing.
Yeahhhh...On one hand, I enjoy movies that make me think, and that make a good point--but I get seriously angry with movies that make me depressed. :anxious: