~~ Odyssey Episode Competition ~~

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 32 (-1)
Always - 21 (+1)
The Curse - 23
Karen - 24
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 31 (-1)
Always - 21
The Curse - 23
Karen - 25(+1)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

BOB!! Why did you do that!? :(

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 32 (+1)
Always - 20 (-1)
The Curse - 23
Karen - 25
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:BOB!! Why did you do that!?
Sorry, but I don't think C&C is that great...

Of the episodes here, though, "The Curse" is probably one of the weakest left, so I'll vote it down this time.

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 32
Always - 20
The Curse - 22 (-1)
Karen - 26 (+1)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Did you read what I wrote about it at the beginning of the competition, I believe I had multiple posts talking about it.

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 33 (+1)
Always - 19 (-1)
The Curse - 22
Karen - 26
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 33
Always - 19
The Curse - 23 (+1)
Karen - 25 (-1)
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 34 (+1)
Always - 18 (-1)
The Curse - 23
Karen - 25
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 34
Always - 19 (+1)
The Curse - 23
Karen - 24 (-1)
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 33 (-1)
Always - 19
The Curse - 23
Karen - 25 (+1)
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Always - 19
The Curse - 24 (+1)
Karen - 24 (-1)
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Vote #1 for June 1st, 2011.

Sorry -- "The Curse" is a good episode and has a good message, but it isn't as powerful an ep as Karen, which deals with a very serious life issue, is.

Always - 19
The Curse - 23 (-1)
Karen - 25 (+1)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

{sighs} I have loved "The Curse" forever--a good blend of a lesson, with some intrigue and humor added in. I hate "Karen" because while it is powerful and good...it is one of the only episodes that can make me cry. And I really despise depressing endings in stories (yeah, you can argue that it is instead "bittersweet"--but still, I hate the sadness that comes with that episode). So I therefore cannot desire that episode to win.

Always - 19
The Curse - 24 (+1)
Karen - 24 (-1)

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

My desire to win is so:
1. C&C
2. Karen
3. The Curse
4. Always
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

SoccerLOTR wrote:...So I therefore cannot desire that episode to win.
I appreciate your honesty, and I'm sorry, but our goals are mutually exclusive, and I'll be forced to counter your votes to the best of my ability. Someone else is going to have to make the difference now.

Vote #2, 6/1/2011.

Always - 19
The Curse - 23 (-1)
Karen - 25 (+1)

The Finals I'd like to see would be between Karen and Always, but right now I'm thinking K and C&C looks most likely.

In preferred order.

1. Karen
2. Always
3. The Curse
4. C&C

I appreciate that C&C has a very meaningful history for Leonard, but I feel that all of these episodes could have played an important role in someone's lives, and so for me, it comes down to which ones I like the most/feel are the best.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 32 (-1)
Always - 20 (+1)
The Curse - 23
Karen - 25

My desired order:
Always
The Curse
TIE- C and C, and Karen

Heads up voters!!!

Near in the future, I will cut in half the points of all episodes.... (to make these go a little faster) unless we get to the final two quicker than I expect. What do you think of this rule? Let me know :)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 33 (+1)
Always - 19 (-1)
The Curse - 23
Karen - 25
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Always - 19
The Curse - 24 (+1)
Karen - 24 (-1)

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 34 (+1)
Always - 18 (-1)
The Curse - 24
Karen - 24
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Vote #3, 6/1/2011.

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 34
Always - 18
The Curse - 23 (-1)
Karen - 25 (+1)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Castles and Cauldrons, Parts I and II - 35 (+1)
Always - 17 (-1)
The Curse - 23
Karen - 25