Your Favorite Princess

Disney Princess that is...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Who is your favorite?

Snow White
6%
Cinderella
16%
Aurora
No votes
Ariel
6%
Belle
28%
Jasmine
3%
Pocahontas
No votes
Mulan
13%
Tiana
No votes
Rapunzel
28%

Total votes: 32

Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Oh yeah - the Anastasia movie was just incredible. Remember when the bad guy was underground for so long and he had like leprosy and his mouth fell down into his beard? \:D/
*ahem* that's all I remember of the movie.

It's a tie of Cinderella and Jasmine for me. Cinderella is so hopeless and all, but she finds true love after all, and doesn't give up. And she has a fairy godmother. How cool is that? :mad: And Jasmine is just plain cool because she dresses up in disguise and goes where she's not allowed and meets a rogue named Aladdin, who encounters a Genie. GENIE.

post fixed - Shennifer
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Termite wrote:*facepalm* I had a 'light bulb' moment last night. Where's Anastasia? :o She's as much a princess as those girls are. \:D/
I don't think she's a Disney Princess...:anxious:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Termite wrote:*facepalm* I had a 'light bulb' moment last night. Where's Anastasia? :o She's as much a princess as those girls are. \:D/
That was not a Disney film. And the quality of that movie compared to Disney films is pretty drastic.

And yes, Tangled was amazing. One of the very best films that Disney has produced. Rapunzel wis a fine addition to the line up of princesses.

You know Danielle, you really should really come out to Orlando sometime Amd say hello. You know about the Rapunzel and Flynn Rider meet and greet in Magic Kingdom, right? :-
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Don't encourage her; if she went to the meet-n-greet the guy playing Flynn would have to get a restraining order. :-
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Amethystic wrote:Don't encourage her; if she went to the meet-n-greet the guy playing Flynn would have to get a restraining order. :-
Oh, please. I hate the face characters. *in as much way as I could gently put it... yeah. :/ Hate might be too strong. I just can't get into them*

Now, make Chris be Flynn at Disneyland - I'd go. Just cause he actually LOOKS LIKE FLYNN RIDER. So, yeah, Amy, I have my own Flynn Rider right in town where I'm going to school. He's pretty cute too. :D

Yeah, many have gone to see both Rapunzel & Flynn. I'm just... I'm impartial to the idea. I just... I have come to kind of hate roleplayers, and... I'm having an aversion to them. Not that I don't want to go to Disneyland. People whom I associate with on my blog have gone and stood in lines for two hours to meet them. One girl freaked out because she got to hold Flynn's hand. o.0 I was like ".... give me Zac any day, please."

Not to mention I think the Rapunzel's they have should be... younger or something? That might be it. They just seem too old and mature for characters of such status. Then again, I've seen the other face characters *shudders*.

I would love to come back to Orlando, to Disney. alkdjflajsdfajsdf Just cause I just missed out on so much in 09.... lol. I need to get to Land and World again, and to SDCC - kjalsjdflajdf Oh dreams, won't you come true soon? I'm stuck in this town until I get my Bachelor's, I'm hoping only four years from now. Then I will be a nurse and... I will move somewhere bigger and better. :D

Yeah, Anastasia is 20th Century Fox. Not Disney. There are only ten Disney Princesses in the official line-up. *that would be including Rapunzel, because she will get in*
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

AIO Psyche wrote:
That was not a Disney film. And the quality of that movie compared to Disney films is pretty drastic.
...Oh. Right, I so knew that. :-
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Belle had me sold on the first song.

I refuse to consider Pocahontas a Disney princess. And how is Mulan a princess? Did she marry a prince?
Last edited by Elrohir on Wed May 25, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Disney doesn't really have much rhyme or reason to who they pick as a Princess.

Out of the Princesses, those who are official royalty are Aurora, Jasmine, Ariel, Snow White, and Rapunzel. Mulan isn't royalty at all. Cinderella, Tiana, and Belle all married a Prince. And Pocahontas is... fishy. I don't know what I would want to call her myself. o.0

Not to mention, I swear half the Princes/significant others just got thrown in. lol. Phillip, Naveen, Eric, Adam/The Beast, and both Charming's were Princes. John Smith was considered as nothing - he didn't even MARRY Pocahontas. Aladdin and Flynn are both thieves. And Shang never was royalty.

Princess Giselle would have become a Princess, official, had Enchanted not used real actors and actresses. Disney decided that to use Giselle's likeness would have meant paying Amy Adams royalties - and they didn't want to. *which totally makes me laugh, because I swear Chris said on FB he wanted a cut for looking like Flynn. lol. This is why I love him*
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I think the term 'Disney Princess' is really more of an honorary title given to key female characters than a correct classification of whether or not the character is royalty.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

True. Except "Aladdin" was not focused on Jasmine... even though she was key. Eh. I'm also sure there would be others that could be Princesses. Oh, yeah, Meg from Hercules and I really wanna say Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame. Again, Disney doesn't seem to have a reason. All in reception, I guess. o.0 eh.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Jasmine was still a main character--and she and Aladdin had a cartoon miniseries about them.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Shang was the son of a general in Imperial China- methinks that would have been royalty to them. :yes: And then he earned the title himself, so... *shrugs*
Last edited by Termite on Thu May 26, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

Aurora was my favorite princess, then Tangled came out and my friends came to a general consensus that I *am* Rapunzel sooo she's now my favorite. ;)
I believe that love is greater
Never ceasing, always hoping
Always just beneath the Dawn
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

You have/had magical healing hair? \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I've never even seen Beauty and the Beast, but I like Belle because I had a toothbrush with her on it and because her hair is brown like mine.
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

Amethystic wrote:You have/had magical healing hair? \:D/
Mmmmmaybe. Who wants to know? ;)
I believe that love is greater
Never ceasing, always hoping
Always just beneath the Dawn
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Gondorgirl wrote:
Amethystic wrote:You have/had magical healing hair? \:D/
Mmmmmaybe. Who wants to know? ;)
Oh, lots of people. The government, Evangelical healing ministries, the sick and dying masses, evil witches who keep young girls locked up inside of isolated towers... :-
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Mulan, a girl that can actually fight gets my vote.
Elrohir wrote:
I refuse to consider Pocahontas a Disney princess. And how is Mulan a princess? Did she marry a prince?
Disney official announced that both Pochahontas and Mulan are "Disney Princess". Even though technically they both are not.
AIO Psyche wrote:
Well thats pretty harsh. I admit the movie in terms of story and music wasn't that strong but in terms of hand drawn animation wise, the movie is by far superior. The characters actually move like real humans.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

gunblader3 wrote:Mulan, a girl that can actually fight gets my vote.
Hey, hey, didn't you see Rapunzel in action with that frying pan? :noway:
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Amethystic wrote:
gunblader3 wrote:Mulan, a girl that can actually fight gets my vote.
Hey, hey, didn't you see Rapunzel in action with that frying pan? :noway:
Should have rephrased that, I meant "real fighting".
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith