New album cover artwork?

I was browsing Amazon today....

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Jason Whits son wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:I think that that one's Lucy, but I can't really make out the other ones. The computer, is it supposed to represent Applesauce? The person could be Maxwell, Jellyfish, or Glossman, and what's the box thing. The other side is easy with the IS, Whit's End, Tom, Connie, and Eugene.
Lucy! Of course! I do think that the box thing is the elctric palace or Blackgaard's Castle. It could be either. I sorta thought the person was Bart, cause if you look at the enlarged version, he looks on the chubbier side, and his hair sorta resembles Bart.
I hadn't seen the enlarged version yet, thanks! Yeah, now I can see that that is probably Bart and the Electric Palace, I'd imagine.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Hmmm, interesting Blackgaard Chronicles cover...

Kind of cheezy, but kind of good, I guess...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Ooo, I like that Blackgaard cover! \:D/ Very nice - love the chess pieces. I don't see anything wrong with it being the final cover. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Ooo, I like that Blackgaard cover! \:D/ Very nice - love the chess pieces. I don't see anything wrong with it being the final cover. ;)

Agreed.

I love this cover. It is very clever :)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I like it, don't know why some people think it's cheesy. Just to point out, Blackgaard is using his pieces as pawns, yet Whit will treat his each like the Queen.

Also, I'm a little curious about those (possibly Hieroglyphs?) on Blackgaard's cane! His cane in on the cover here, and for DBD, but we never hear anything about it in the episodes. There could be an interesting back story there. Maybe... a connection to Julie Whittaker for my story?
Last edited by Leonard Meltsner on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

The Blackgaard cover looks good and was well designed. It's pretty funny too... but I'm not sure that's a good thing. It's sort of like the Encore Collection cover. That picture was funny, and it was really interesting to see Eugene dressed the way he was, but it wasn't a good representation of the album. Personally, I think the Darkness Before Dawn Cover really captures the spirit of the Blackgaard saga a lot better than this new picture does.

Both covers are pretty good though.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Maybe we should have a Star Wars-eske theme, with Whit and Blackgaard fighting on a space ship with light sabres, but they'll be using Blackgaard's cane, and either a Bible (the SWORD of the spirit) or an unusually long ice cream cone! :-k
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Maybe we should have a Star Wars-eske theme, with Whit and Blackgaard fighting on a space ship with light sabres, but they'll be using Blackgaard's cane, and either a Bible (the SWORD of the spirit) or an unusually long ice cream cone! :-k
That would be so cool! Someone should try to do something like that. :yes:
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

5 more repacks coming soon, you can catch a glimpse in this video http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 5383158090
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

If it gets 100 likes, Brock will post the sketches and finals on FB for all to see. Which is good because the video is very grainy! Everyone like this!!! I want to see these drawings!
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

We've got a long ways to go before we get 100 likes. :( Just show as already. Jk.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

i wouldn't worry too much about getting 100 likes, i'm sure the images will turn up somewhere sooner or later.... :)
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I sometimes sketch what I think will be good album repack covers, and I chose the same scene for Vol. 23 (A Victim of Circumstance), but I showed it from a low angle looking up at Rodney falling instead of a high angle. It's funny that Gary put Jason in his NSA suit; so did I!

I hope these are all available, like, YESTERDAY; the repack schedule has been far too slow lately. Thanks for the update, Brock, and if you're reading this, count this post as a "like" to get those sketches rolling!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Brock should join the ToO. :yes:

Our facebookless members should be able to help too.. :(

\:D/
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

iluvsns wrote:Brock should join the ToO. :yes:
Totally. He seems to be hard to catch these days. Must be the expanded job.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Thanks Regis for inviting him. On the subject of the Twists and Turns cover, though, did anyone find it funny that they caught on that he fell through the 2nd story, not the 1st story skylight, and yet, they had him fall into the Bible Room in the picture, instead of the office?
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Thanks Regis for inviting him. On the subject of the Twists and Turns cover, though, did anyone find it funny that they caught on that he fell through the 2nd story, not the 1st story skylight, and yet, they had him fall into the Bible Room in the picture, instead of the office?
Artistic license. An office is a boring setting, but the Bible Room gives us something fun to look at.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Boswell wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Thanks Regis for inviting him. On the subject of the Twists and Turns cover, though, did anyone find it funny that they caught on that he fell through the 2nd story, not the 1st story skylight, and yet, they had him fall into the Bible Room in the picture, instead of the office?
Artistic license. An office is a boring setting, but the Bible Room gives us something fun to look at.
Hence the fact that Jason is also wearing his gear from the NSA.