Tornadoes

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Tornadoes

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Are any ToOers in the storm affected areas? (Of course, if you are, you might not even have power which would mean you're not seeing this...)

We had strong storms last night with a tornado warning around 2 am. \:D/ We all had to collect some stuff and run outside the house in the wind and rain to get to the under the house area where we stayed for an hour or so. After the warning was over, we came back inside only to have another warning maybe a half hour later. Needless to say, none of us got much sleep. :p

At least we're all safe. I hope everyone here is okay too...
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I just heard that like 200 people died from all these tornadoes? man. That's crazy.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The beautiful tornado sirens went off around 12:30 in the morning... I got up and turned on the tv and the tornado was only in like the opposite edge of our county so I went back to bed. \:D/

And Aldi's 45 minutes or so away was injured a week or two ago by a tornado. :(

Of course the ones down in Alabama are far more devastating.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I heard that a hospital got hit. I saw some of the video via the Weather Channel and Good Morning America. Just absolutely heartbreaking. They said it would take days to restore power. Hope everyone is all right.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

In Arkansas, which I have ties to, 12 people have been killed.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

intense stuff.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

We had a tornado warning, but none spotted.

I'm thankful.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Hi y'all, Haystack popping in for another visit. :) When I heard about the tornado splurge I booted it over here because I knew that the vast majority of you were down in the States and I wasn't sure if everybody was ok. *hugs everybody effected*

I will be praying!
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Helovesus
Green is good

Post by Helovesus »

My friend said he was up from 5-7 because of the winds, and for the past week it has been crazy outside. /:
Chinese food is God's gift to mankind. He knew we'd live in a hurting world, so He gave us something to console ourselves with.

SnC.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Surprisingly, the sirens never went off around our house like they usually do. There have been really strong winds both yesterday and today, but nothing terrible.

It's pretty scary, the death rate just keeps getting higher and higher. :(
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

It was a close shave for us here in Knoxville. There were tornadoes sighted all around us in neighboring towns like Athens, which is just south of here. We got hail and lots of cars got their glass bashed in. Trees fell and there was lots of flooding- still is flooding. 30,000 people lost power and at least three power stations were down because there was nowhere to send power to. We got down in our basement, but thankfully our area was spared. Turns out that our area is beginning to become the Eastern Tornado Alley. :?
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Yikes, glad it's missed a lot of people here...so sad that so many people have been affected this year. And extra sad about so many deaths...I don't think that is normal--usually it's just a few because most people are able to find shelter. Though I heard one guy drowned, so I guess it's not all wind and houses toppling that has been causing problems. Praying for the whole area...I hope this is the worst of the year. On the news they said a tornado as big as one of them hasn't hit since 1974. :shock:
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)