The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part I - Spoiler Warning!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

How amazing was this episode?

5 stars - Totally amazing!
57%
4 stars - Amazing enough.
43%
3 stars - Somewhat amazing.
No votes
2 stars - Amazing? Eh.
No votes
1 star - That was not amazing.
No votes

Total votes: 30

American Eagle
Chief of Police
The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part I - Spoiler Warning!

Post by American Eagle »

The official podcast has released the first episode!

What do you think of part 1?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

:( It's too late for me to listen now. But hopefully tomorrow \:D/ I can't wait!

Till the end of the line.
Dale
Gold Member

Post by Dale »

Thanks! I'm glad I joined this forum, I never would've known about this early episode otherwise! \:D/ I'm listening right now!

-- Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:26 am --

I love jay! Is he supposed to be the new rodney?

-- Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:42 am --

Okay so i'm posting three times in a row here, I just got done listening to this episode and wow! I really liked this one, it seems like some of the old episodes and I really enjoyed the dialogue especially between the adults, the new kids are great too! Can't wait to see what happens on the next episode!
PM me! I'd love to get to know you! Yes, YOU! :bounce:
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

This is going to be amazing! LOVE IT!
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I haven't listened to the whole thing but so far it sounds good. My one issue is new character overload, and Emily. Otherwise it sounds really great and I can't wait to hear the rest! :D
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Anyone have a link for someone on an iPad to listen to the episode? :D
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Or an itouch?

\:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Where is the podcast? The official site still has the announcement about album 53.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

AIO Psyche wrote:Anyone have a link for someone on an iPad to listen to the episode? :D
iluvsns wrote:Or an itouch?
This is the direct link, the only one we have available:

http://fotf.cdnetworks.net/aio/mp3/AIO_ ... _of_12.mp3
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

Because of all the new characters, I really didn't even care about it until the end where
Whit was at the hospital with Monty
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

How was it hearing the new Whit with our classic Jason? Did it sound weird? How was the chemistry?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

AIO P: He doesn't show up till later.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

• Overall, this was a great episode! I actually am very eager to continue listening on...
  • It's great that we'll hear from Monty, whom we haven't seen in so long. (I think the last time he was mentioned was in "Silent Night".)
  • A "duck's quack" is mentioned, something that Wooton said in "Blood, Sweat and Fears".
  • The news reporter style was interesting and reminiscent of Darkness Before Dawn.
  • Issac Morton also discovers a bag of money in "The Scales of Justice". I doubt these points are related, but hey, Whit doesn't believe in coincidences. ;)
  • The nurse's name is "Lilly Graham". Could she be related to Nathaniel?
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I'm listening to it right now!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

My initial thoughts:
I thought this was a great opening to album 53. It kept my suspense all the way through. Several events reminded me of past episodes. For starters, the opening scene shared several similarities to Scales of Justice, in which Isaac and Lucy are walking outside and looking for Gower Field. Like Matthew and Emily, they also end up having an argument and splitting up. And finally, Emily, like Isaac, finds a bag (backpack in this case) full of money. I don't know if the similarities were intentional, but it certainly piqued my interest.

I'm certainly eager to find out more about backpack of money, the Stilleto, and Derk Begs. And of course, it'll be neat to hear from Monty.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I finally heard the it! I'm delighted; I think it was awesome. Though not much surprised me, because of the clip and other spoilers I've heard I still liked it.
I wonder what Monty has to do with it all, and what he'll sound like. Oh and on a random tangent, did anyone think of Lost regarding both the plane crash, and what the reporter said at the very end of the scene about winning an Emmy?

Till the end of the line.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I loved it. It was awesome, although I had to roll my eyes at the "Appleberry."
And I'm anxious to know what's up with Monty! I had already listened to the clips and so I guessed that it was him.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I will say that Monty is still played by Chad.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

I loved the first episode!!! Very excited to hear the rest. Although I don't think I like how they are releasing the album before it airs on the radio. No way to theorize and debate the plot the way it was done with Novacom.

But, an excellent start to a great saga! And I gotta say, Whit has grown on me a bit. Now if only they could get his character right.......he doesn't act like old Whit! He doesn't seem vital to the story. He seems like someone who could be pulled out of the story, and he wouldn't be missed.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I figured out about Monty. he's
working with a federal agency.