The Ultimate, Final Debate: Blackaard VS Novacom!!!!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Which saga do you prefer?

The Blackgaard Saga
58%
The Novacom Saga
42%

Total votes: 50

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

@AIO Psyche, that's what I was saying. It was about state education, so Eugene may've proposed the idea to use an "Imagination Station-like" technology to convert radiowaves to brainwaves, and help children learn. When Marcus saw this, his plan was set in motion.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Jonathan wrote:I feel sorta like a fish with a worm in front of me, but AIOP knows full well where I stand so I'll spare a long post.
AIO Psyche wrote:Although I never understood why they didn't involve Tasha and the agency more in the Novacom saga. I thought it would have been a perfect spot to bring them in.
They wanted to, but the actress who plays Tasha was unavailable. Which is why they added the secret agent dimension of Mitch to the character, instead of having him be there only as Connie's love interest.

Which, imo, made the character a lot more tolerable.

edit--It seems like Bob is taking care of the long posts for me. Well done sir.
and he's known in Europe for his work in computer science (in spite of his claim that he doesn't know that much about them).
I've always heard people say that that is a major goof of continuity and one reason the Blackgaard Saga is inferior (which I don't believe). I think it has a very good explanation though--after Richard's antics in the Battle, Regis decided he needed to educate himself on computers to avoid someone ever taking advantage of him again, so by the time it's reported that he's involved in computer work in Europe he's already undertaken a lot of education on computers.

Which underscores one reason I think the Blackgaard Saga is better--it took place over many years and many many things took place outside of what we heard in the series, yet everything that did take place beyond our ears fit into the story and what did take place within what we heard left little hints for what happened elsewhere. It made the Saga much more three-dimensional then Novacom ever was.
But still, I ask the question; what was Blackgaard's ultimate goal? What were his motives? While the Blackgaard saga had some amazing moment, it wasn't exactly the most cohesive plot. It was so spread out, it had no clear direction, and it was all based of the fear that Blackgaard as a character inspired in ones self. Blackgaard's muscle, or strength was him as a person. It wasn't his plots or his guns, or anything like that. It was how the characters, and the audience, felt when they heard his name or heard him speak.

Whereas with Novacom, you eventually got a clear picture of what they were trying to do, and therefore the characters and the audience knew what was needed to be done to defeat the bad guys. With Blackgaard, neither the audience nor the characters knew what Blackgaard's full scheme really was, and to a certain extent, we still don't know.

Also, I feel like that the Novacom saga was more of a spiritual battle than the Blackgaard saga. Between Jason's adventures in South America and Novacom's ultimate plans to control the minds of people worldwide, Novacom was just as much a battle for the minds of people worldwide as it was about their souls.

Plus, consider this.

If Blackgaard was planning on using the virus to hold nations hostage or control the government, Blackgaard couldn't force people to think or believe anything they didn't want to. Novacom could do all these things, even including influencing people to renounce their beliefs in Jesus, and pledge their loyalty to Novacom.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall
It’s my birthday

Post by Mark Prescott »

Jonathan wrote:
They wanted to, but the actress who plays Tasha was unavailable. Which is why they added the secret agent dimension of Mitch to the character, instead of having him be there only as Connie's love interest.
Actually, Jonathan, They had already created Arem, and they wanted Richard Maxwell to be in it, but Maxwell's actor wasn't available.
And, Yes, AIOP, all we know is that it was about state trends in education.
~Mark Prescott~
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

AIO Psyche wrote: But still, I ask the question; what was Blackgaard's ultimate goal? What were his motives? While the Blackgaard saga had some amazing moment, it wasn't exactly the most cohesive plot. It was so spread out, it had no clear direction, and it was all based of the fear that Blackgaard as a character inspired in ones self. Blackgaard's muscle, or strength was him as a person. It wasn't his plots or his guns, or anything like that. It was how the characters, and the audience, felt when they heard his name or heard him speak.
I've already taken my best guess at Blackgaard's goal and motives, but I admit that we can't see the end result that Blackgaard's plan would have had if he succeeded. While this is a regrettable condition, though, I contend that it doesn't automatically mean that it's an inferior plot to the Novacom series. We can guess that, regardless of how exactly the Doctor intended to use the virus, it would have had dire consequences for the world at large.
Also, I feel like that the Novacom saga was more of a spiritual battle than the Blackgaard saga. Between Jason's adventures in South America and Novacom's ultimate plans to control the minds of people worldwide, Novacom was just as much a battle for the minds of people worldwide as it was about their souls.
By "South America", I assume you're referring to Shining Armor?

In that episode, Victor just happened to have a more powerful radio transmitter; Novacom wasn't directly implicated, and may not have had any connection to the incident at all. Even if they did supply the transmitter, the entire thing was almost incidental; I doubt they would have any reason to care about Victor's religious beliefs or broadcasts, or that he was connected to the company in any way. I agree that "Shining Armor" is a spiritual battle, but it isn't one that involves Novacom.

The Blackgaard saga features two critical spiritual moments -- the decision to accept Christ, and the decision to reject Him. To risk cutting into my planned section C, either one of these could apply to our lives. They are directly relevant to us, and entirely plausible. Any one of us could make either of those decisions in our lives.

The closest to something this meaningful that we see anywhere in the Novacom series, with Aubrey, is practically a tangent, with little relevance to the Novacom story arc.
Novacom could do all these things, even including influencing people to renounce their beliefs in Jesus, and pledge their loyalty to Novacom.
And this is where the plot wears thin.

We know in real life that everyone has a chance for salvation. There is only one sin that cannot be forgiven; everything else may yet be. We also know that God allows "whosoever will", to come to Him. (Mr. 8:34, Rev. 22:17.)

Now, if Novacom is mind-controlling everyone on Earth, their will is not their own. 2 Peter 3:9 tells us that the Lord is not willing that any should perish, which would be the logical outcome of a world where anyone (or everyone) could be forced to deny Him. Also, "...every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed." (James 1:13) If someone could be mind-controlled, how would it be their lust or temptation that caused them to do evil? And if it isn't, then how could it be their sin? At least if someone is possessed, they presumably could have opened themselves up to be influenced at some point, but with the mind-control described in this series, someone who is already a fine, upstanding Christian could instantly become unalloyedly evil...and that just doesn't make sense. God loves His children too much to ever leave them vulnerable to something like that, or open to the possibility of committing sins against their will.

Therefore, God would intervene and cause the plan to fail, since the option He extended to all mankind, to accept Him, and the possibility of being mind-controlled against your will would seem to be paradoxical.

Therefore, Novacom's plans have no spiritual ramifications for the world at large, as God simply wouldn't let it happen in the first place, since it occurring would seem to contradict the choice He gave us. Knowing that the villain is fated to completely fail like Novacom is somewhat takes impact away from the plot, but it also eliminates any spiritual aspect to their plan, since it's only a spiritual problem if they succeed.

Mind control is an interesting sci-fi fantasy or plot device, and it can be used to create some funny scenarios, but it shouldn't be taken seriously, I think...since it would not and could not occur in real life. It ranks at about the same level as a character like Dracula or Frankenstein; it's a completely fictional item.

In contrast, the scenario portrayed in "Darkness before Dawn" is 100% possible. It shows us the right choice that someone could make -- and the wrong one. For this reason, the Blackgaard saga is automatically far more relevant to our lives than the Novacom saga.

A lot of this cuts into section C, which I intended to post, but I feel it's still necessary to point out.

I'm sorry for the delay in section B, parts 3 and 4, which is about the protagonists, and minor villains, and I hope to get them up soon. Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Bob on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

WOW!! :shock: :shock:
I can't believe how much people are writing about this subject! Man, I know I'm a big fan but now I can find people who are fanatics!
And I think AIO deserves it! It's such a great show!

I love reading your stuff Bob!
Wooton Blagard
Not as new

Post by Wooton Blagard »

That is a VERRY tough call!!! I personally LOVED them both! I think they both had pro's and con's. I think this thought has already circulated, but I was listening to a episode of the unofficial AIO podcast and Chris mentioned that in the end of the Novacom saga, (I believe the episode was exit) when the the underground tunnel blew up, Dr. Blagard's body was never found, so that leaves the possibly of Dr. Blagard to come back. (I think he won't, but hey maybe even thogh the wrighters denonce it) I mean, if Jayson can fake his own death in Accidental Dilemma pt. 2, then Dr. Blagard could of faked his death. Just a thought I found interesting.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

^ I think you mean at the end of the Blackgaard Saga, not the Novacom Saga, although, yes, Exit is the last episode of Novacom.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

It's never said that Dr. Blackgaard didn't survive. Here's my previously-posted take on the subject:
LizzieG wrote:As far as "The Final Conflict" ... I think it's pretty clear that Blackgaard didn't survive. As opposed to "The Battle," where they talk about not finding a trace of him in the rubble and assuming he got away, in "The Final Conflict" everyone is certain he is dead (including the news reporter -- an important detail, as the broadcast took place a good amount of time after the explosion, and they would've had time to confirm his death. Not to mention that the reporter wouldn't have said that the explosion took Dr. Blackgaard's life if there were any doubt). I just think they didn't have someone say, "Yeah, we found his charred remains ..." because this is a kids' show and it wasn't necessary.
Oh, and by the way, I voted for the Blackgaard saga.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Ok, I have to admit, I voted for the Blackgaard saga mainly for nostalgic reasons. People more eloquent than I have submitted the various reasons either saga is better than the other, so I won't attempt to get detailed in my defense.

I liked both sagas. I think both were well written and produced.

Blackgaard was the better villian. Hands down.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Wooton Blagard wrote:I mean, if Jayson can fake his own death in Accidental Dilemma pt. 2, then Dr. Blagard could of faked his death. Just a thought I found interesting.
Personally, I view Blackgaard as one of those characters, like Whit or Connie, that could never die, and would kee going on.

I'd like to think that Blackgaard barely survived the blast, and is living somewhere in Germany quietly while keep an eye on what goes on in Odyssey over the years.

I just think that, if he survived, he would realize that he couldn't possibly ever persue a plan again, and would reserve himself to living out the rest of his left in quiet, and solitude. Possibly caring for his mother.

But I think that he was horribly disfigured in the blast, and therefore could never show his face in public again.

Just my idea.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

I'm not prepared to vote either way, though if I were pressed, I think I would go with... Dalton Kearn. No, no, I kid; I might end up voting for the Blackgaard Saga yet.

But I have a more general question: Due to a few glitches in Focus on the Family's radio player, I didn't get to listen to "The Battle", among other episodes in the Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes album when I'd planned to. However, there's one thing I wanted to know about: I understand that there's a point in the episode where Blackgaard talks over the phone with someone else, and... well, that's about all I know. Can someone expand on that for me?
Last edited by Caswin on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Caswin wrote:However, there's one thing I wanted to know about: I understand that there's a point in the episode where Blackgaard talks over the phone with someone else, and... well, that's about all I know. Can someone expand on that for me?
What do you mean? like, do you mean he talks to someone as if Blackgaard has a boss?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Caswin wrote:However, there's one thing I wanted to know about: I understand that there's a point in the episode where Blackgaard talks over the phone with someone else, and... well, that's about all I know. Can someone expand on that for me?
What do you mean? like, do you mean he talks to someone as if Blackgaard has a boss?
yes, I think that's exactly what Caswin said. But I think Blackgaard was just talking to a potential buyer for the computer program Applesauce.

Till the end of the line.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Wow. You guys have a lot of long posts on here, and I usually try to read everything everyone writes before posting, but I don't exactly have the time right now, so I'll try to keep this short, and sorry if I repeat what's been covered.

I voted for Novacom. I like the writing, the acting, the music, the plot, the length, and just about everything about it. Personally I remember how much more involved I felt in the storyline of this I was the first time I listened through it than I was when I listened through Darkness Before Dawn. I've always thought Mr. Charles was more realistically evil than Regis Blackgaard, and also thought that the storyline for Novacom was more exciting and realistic.

Honestly though, I think a big part of what really decides which saga we like better depends on when we grew up. Many fans around here grew up listening to the Blackgaard sagas so naturally they relate to them better. On the other hand, my first album was "album 35, The Big Picture". I was eight years old and had listened to Odyssey on the radio, but I had never gotten into the series like I did when I got my first album. I'm young enough that this first album was already on CD. I loved it so much I listened to these twelve simple episodes over and over. I also quickly went out and spent my birthday money on album 34, (Which despite all the criticisms albums 33 and 34 get on this site, I loved that album too.) When album 36 I was so excited to see how the Novacom stuff ended. Then there was the shock of discovering that it didn't end here! I had no internet or other connections to know anything about the albums until I owned them, so now I discovered that instead of getting Novacom resolved, it was now more complicated. I had never been this involved in a series before, and when album 37 came out I was completely stoked to hear the conclusion. I sat in my room for an entire Saturday and listened to the Album. Through Plan B: I was totally immersed. When Mitch 'died' I felt crushed. When all felt lost, I was ready to cry. And then this album ended. With no conclusion. A few months later, walking through the bookstore, imagine my excitement, now almost two years later, I see on the shelf "Batte Lines: The Conclusion to the Novacom Saga" After asking my Mom what a saga was, and buying the album, I spent another weekend re-listening to the entire saga. From these four albums, my love for Odyssey has only grown over the last ten years, and now I own all but five albums.

I'm sure many of us can share similar stories with the Blackgaard saga, but for me, listening to the Blaackgaard saga for the first time in bits and parts over the radio just didn't have the same effect. When I bought episodes years later, Novacom had already taken the spot of number one saga. I think it's cool to see these different ways that Odyssey has affected so many generations of kids.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Dallas R. wrote:Wow. You guys have a lot of long posts on here, and I usually try to read everything everyone writes before posting, but I don't exactly have the time right now, so I'll try to keep this short, and sorry if I repeat what's been covered.

I voted for Novacom. I like the writing, the acting, the music, the plot, the length, and just about everything about it. Personally I remember how much more involved I felt in the storyline of this I was the first time I listened through it than I was when I listened through Darkness Before Dawn. I've always thought Mr. Charles was more realistically evil than Regis Blackgaard, and also thought that the storyline for Novacom was more exciting and realistic.

Honestly though, I think a big part of what really decides which saga we like better depends on when we grew up. Many fans around here grew up listening to the Blackgaard sagas so naturally they relate to them better. On the other hand, my first album was "album 35, The Big Picture". I was eight years old and had listened to Odyssey on the radio, but I had never gotten into the series like I did when I got my first album. I'm young enough that this first album was already on CD. I loved it so much I listened to these twelve simple episodes over and over. I also quickly went out and spent my birthday money on album 34, (Which despite all the criticisms albums 33 and 34 get on this site, I loved that album too.) When album 36 I was so excited to see how the Novacom stuff ended. Then there was the shock of discovering that it didn't end here! I had no internet or other connections to know anything about the albums until I owned them, so now I discovered that instead of getting Novacom resolved, it was now more complicated. I had never been this involved in a series before, and when album 37 came out I was completely stoked to hear the conclusion. I sat in my room for an entire Saturday and listened to the Album. Through Plan B: I was totally immersed. When Mitch 'died' I felt crushed. When all felt lost, I was ready to cry. And then this album ended. With no conclusion. A few months later, walking through the bookstore, imagine my excitement, now almost two years later, I see on the shelf "Batte Lines: The Conclusion to the Novacom Saga" After asking my Mom what a saga was, and buying the album, I spent another weekend re-listening to the entire saga. From these four albums, my love for Odyssey has only grown over the last ten years, and now I own all but five albums.

I'm sure many of us can share similar stories with the Blackgaard saga, but for me, listening to the Blaackgaard saga for the first time in bits and parts over the radio just didn't have the same effect. When I bought episodes years later, Novacom had already taken the spot of number one saga. I think it's cool to see these different ways that Odyssey has affected so many generations of kids.
Wow, what a wonderful post!! It's heartwarming (in an odd way) to see you talk about Novacom with such fond memories.

I, myself, also grew up on Novacom. I was just shocked about how serious things with Novacom was.

I remember being scared senseless when Arthur Dent said, "It's simple really. Operation Think Tank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin?"

I nearly peed my pants. :D

And then when Whit tried to leave and Mr. Dent lunged at Whit and screamed, "NOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!" I nearly had a heart attack!!!!!

I remember going to church the Sunday morning after 'Exit' was broadcast, and walking around in a kind of a daze. I didn't know anyone else who had listened to the saga. Having listened to the saga almost by myself, I was desperate to find someone to tell about this epic, amazing, emotional, thrilling adventure that I had been on with my friends in Odyssey. :lol:

I wanted people to know about how amazing of a twist they pulled with Mitch! I wanted people to know that all had nearly been taken over with mind control!!

So, I found some kid (I don't even remember who), and I proceeded to tell him, in about 5 minutes, the major plot points of the saga. I was rushing through my words, barely able to keep up with myself. The emotion from listening to this massive adventure poured out, and this poor kid got it all. I went on about mind control, some guy named Mitch dying but really being alive, this really creepy guy named Mr. Charles, and about there being two A's in aardvark. After finishing, I distinctly remember him looking at me like I had lost my mind LOL :lol:

Not even my parents seemed to 'get it'. I was going on about mind control in Odyssey, and I can only imagine what they must have thought about AIO :lol:

Personally, I feel like the stakes were higher in the Novacom Saga than the Blackgaard Saga. It had more at stake than just Odyssey, which is why it seemed so realistic. Blackgaard only directly threatened Odyssey, and the fact that this brilliant, evil villain was so focused on this small town was unrealistic.

I have some wonderful memories associated with Novacom.

But besides that.......

It's just one HECK of a good story. :D
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I don't think I can choose...the Blackgaard saga brings back such fond "Odyssey of old" memories, and the Novacom saga I actually grew up with and listened to regularly.

The Blackgaard saga is very suspenseful in a lot of ways, but it's quite a bit thrilling and exciting as well. The writers did a pretty awesome job with this particular series; it was exciting throughout the whole thing. It pulled off an overarching plotline where you're going on with "normal" Odyssey (or at least as normal as Odyssey gets), and then suddenly you're brought into an adventure. I particularly love to listen to this when I'm drawing; it brings back fond memories of listening to AIO ad nauseum in my room over the summer two years ago. \:D/ "The Final Conflict" is my favorite of this series for two reasons--for one thing, it's a really suspenseful episode that cleverly drew the thing to a close (no, I will not qualify "Blackgaard's Revenge" in this; that episode was just weird), and for another thing, it had REALLY awesome music. \:D/

The Novacom saga was suspenseful as well, but it also had that "thriller" bit to it. The Blackgaard saga had those moments where life in Odyssey seemed normal, which is cool, but Novacom had that hint of "Odyssey will never be normal" in it. It had a rather complicated plotline, which I enjoy because, well, I just like complicated plotlines (Harry Potter, anyone? ;)). "Exit" was a pretty decent ending--I think "The Final Conflict" was better because, well...I don't know, but "Exit" was really good. It drew the whole thing to a nice close, and it had that air of suspense (an over-used word in this post, I know, but a good one ;)) that I just loved.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Um, to get a little side-tracked, what does the aardvark joke mean? I never got that, and I feel like I'm fairly proficient with computers.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Wow Blackgaards only one behind! If I changed my vote...
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

takeitfromthetop wrote:Wow Blackgaards only one behind! If I changed my vote...
Don't you dare!!!
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

AIO Psyche wrote: I remember going to church the Sunday morning after 'Exit' was broadcast, and walking around in a kind of a daze. I didn't know anyone else who had listened to the saga. Having listened to the saga almost by myself, I was desperate to find someone to tell about this epic, amazing, emotional, thrilling adventure that I had been on with my friends in Odyssey. :lol:

I wanted people to know about how amazing of a twist they pulled with Mitch! I wanted people to know that all had nearly been taken over with mind control!!

So, I found some kid (I don't even remember who), and I proceeded to tell him, in about 5 minutes, the major plot points of the saga. I was rushing through my words, barely able to keep up with myself. The emotion from listening to this massive adventure poured out, and this poor kid got it all. I went on about mind control, some guy named Mitch dying but really being alive, this really creepy guy named Mr. Charles, and about there being two A's in aardvark. After finishing, I distinctly remember him looking at me like I had lost my mind LOL :lol:

Not even my parents seemed to 'get it'. I was going on about mind control in Odyssey, and I can only imagine what they must have thought about AIO :lol:

Personally, I feel like the stakes were higher in the Novacom Saga than the Blackgaard Saga. It had more at stake than just Odyssey, which is why it seemed so realistic. Blackgaard only directly threatened Odyssey, and the fact that this brilliant, evil villain was so focused on this small town was unrealistic.

I have some wonderful memories associated with Novacom.

But besides that.......

It's just one HECK of a good story. :D
I can share your pain. I remember going to school the next day with all these people who I wished could share the stories with me, but I didn't really know anyone who listened to Odyssey. There was one kid who sort of listened, well, he'd heard of Odyssey at least, and had listened to one episode in the Plan B episodes, so he sort of knew what Novacom was. I tried telling him all about what happened, but he stopped me pretty quick and said he might listen to it someday. He never did. And how exactly do you explain Novacom to people who know nothing about Odssey. I had the same thing you had happen when I tried telling my parents about this whole story where a company that takes over people's minds. I mean, Novacom was great, but when you try to explain the plot, it makes Odyssey sound like Saturday morning cartoons. Fortunately in about two years my brother started listening to Odyssey and I finally had someone who listened through the Novacom saga that I knew. But it still wasn't the same having him just listen straight through the entire thing without having to wait for each album to come out.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.