What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

Me, Myself, And Bob. I started it last night and I'm on chapter 7.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I am now reading reading Heartless by some author whose name escapes me. Also, I'm still trudging my way through The Fellowship of the Ring... very, very slowly. For school, one of the books I'm reading is The Purpose Driven Life. I'm loving it.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Memory Between Us late last night, excellent book. Cannot wait for the third one!! I am now starting The Waiting by Suzanne Woods Fisher, it is the second book in her Lancaster County Secrets trilogy/series.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
alma_b
Gold Member

Post by alma_b »

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris .
do you . ? do you really . ? why . ?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

And the Bride Wore White by Dannah Gresh. I've read it before. And I'm reading His Princess: Love Letters from Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd.

Till the end of the line.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Lots of books, really. Mainly Hostage by Nancy Mankins and Left Behind 14 by Jerry Jenkins.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Waiting, excellent book. I am starting my first Christmas novel for 2010: I'll Be Home for Christmas by Julie Cannon. New author (at least to me) and a new series. The second one already has me intrigued so I have it on order as well.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Aviation Century: The Early Years
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished I'll Be Home for Christmas last night, excellent book I really enjoyed it. I have started The Perfect Blend by Trish Perry.
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

Do comic "books" count? *coughsonicthehedgehogcough* I used to read a lot but not anymore.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am reading How They Kept the Faith by Grace Raymond.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

The Ferryman Will be There.
It's the first book I've read since the summer pretty much. I'm half done it now. It's not too bad.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Perfect Blend tonight. I loved it and I cannot wait for the second book in the series. I am starting Surrender the Heart by M. L. Tyndall
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I'm rereading the Harry Potter series in seventy-two hours. They aren't consecutive, but I'[m trying to see how fast I can read them. So far I don't think I've broken twenty-four yet, but we'll have to see.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The Sign of the Beaver by E.G. Speare.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I have read that book. I am reading the codebreaker series at this moment.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

"The Language of Bees" by Laure R. King
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've been on a book-reading rampage the last week: Persuasion (Jane Austen), And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and The Hunger Games. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm a chapter away from finishing Mere Christianity, which I started at the beginning of the semester.
TigerintheShadows wrote:I'm rereading the Harry Potter series in seventy-two hours. They aren't consecutive, but I'[m trying to see how fast I can read them. So far I don't think I've broken twenty-four yet, but we'll have to see.
Oh my! :thud: How did you do?
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

LizzieG wrote: And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie),

One of my favorite books.
LizzieG wrote: The Hunger Games

How is this series by the way?

I just bought this year's winner of the Booker Prize to see what is being regarded as "good writing" these days.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Bennett wrote:
LizzieG wrote: The Hunger Games

How is this series by the way?
It's great! I couldn't put it (the first one) down, and I can't wait to read the next one!