"Get the whole family together..."

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Although I'll have an Odyssey on quite often at home, the other members of the family usually will be doing something else and not really listening to it. The only time my family will all listen to Odyssey episodes is during car rides (usually on family vacations).
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I listened to a few eps from 52 in the car with my bros (who used to be pretty into AIO), but they made fun of them mostly. (And I can see why they would.)
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

My family usually listens to them when we go garage sale-ing together. I specifically remember when we were hearing the novacom saga for the first time how we would get home, and not be able to turn it off until the episode was over. Man, novacom was so epic.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
ummm
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by ummm »

Got to listen together Saturday mornings. That's coffee day for the kids.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I usually listen alone. Odyssey scared my sister off with Novacom. (Seriously.) Though she still listens on occastion. My other sister doesn't care at all and my little brother says he likes it, but I can tell he doesn't really understand it. (He calls Eugene: "The Little Boy with the Glasses." I don't think he gets the full efect of it.) My parents don't really care, though my dad enjoyed "Hiddden in my Heart" because of the Star Trek spoof. Oh well, at least someone in my house enjoys it.
he/him | a little stinker.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

ric wrote:I listened to a few eps from 52 in the car with my bros (who used to be pretty into AIO), but they made fun of them mostly. (And I can see why they would.)

what? Album 52 is amazing!!
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I concur, Album 52 reminds me of older albums like 39-41
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Ya...but it's more...little kiddish. I mean, it's good, but I'm just saying, knowing my brothers, I can totally see why they don't like it.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

ric wrote:Ya...but it's more...little kiddish. I mean, it's good, but I'm just saying, knowing my brothers, I can totally see why they don't like it.
According to Nathan Hoobler, the next album (The Green Ring Conspiracy) should produce the opposite effect. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Yay! :D I'm SO excited for The Green Ring Conspiracy, especially now that we can see (sort of) the cover!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
ric wrote:Ya...but it's more...little kiddish. I mean, it's good, but I'm just saying, knowing my brothers, I can totally see why they don't like it.
According to Nathan Hoobler, the next album (The Green Ring Conspiracy) should produce the opposite effect. ;)
I hope it does. Just as long as Matthew and Emily don't do too much of it.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I agree with you Marvin. Matthew is okay (though overused), but I just find Emily annoying.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

EMBEE wrote:I agree with you Marvin. Matthew is okay (though overused), but I just find Emily annoying.
Ya, me too. Very annoying. :yes:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Our whole family does actually listen together, although I listen alone and so does my brother. My dad loves "Sunday Morning Scramble"! We usually eat popcorn while we listen but I cant eat popcorn now since I got braces. :cry: Our whole family loves the Novacom saga too.

\:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

iluvsns wrote:Our whole family does actually listen together, although I listen alone and so does my brother. My dad loves "Sunday Morning Scramble"! We usually eat popcorn while we listen but I cant eat popcorn now since I got braces. :cry: Our whole family loves the Novacom saga too.
I ate popcorn when I got braces! \:D/

And no, I'm not encouraging you to disobey your parents or anything, but I don't know a single person who's had braces and eaten popcorn and broken them.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I eat popcorn without any problems, but I don't have any gum. :(
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent