What I've been doing this whole time!

What fantastical adventures has the rouge AIOP been up to this whole time!?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

What I've been doing this whole time!

Post by AIO Psyche »

I've already had several people ask me what I've been doing this whole time that I've been gone, so allow me tell you a story. A story of love, loss, and duckies.

So, as many of you may (or may not know) it's been close to 5 years since I've been around here!

I have been living my life in the real world, and maturing quite a bit in nearly 5 years.

The last 4 years of my life have been uneventful. Got a new car, been through a couple of jobs, and just enjoying life. However, my life took an exciting turn about 8 months ago.

I was sitting at home on my day off (I lived in Jacksonville, AR as you may or may not know), and I was watching tv. And for years now, I have been madly in love with all things Disney. Not just their parks, movies, and music, but their ideals also.

The morals that the company was founded on, and is still run on are inspiring. Tolerance, diversity, love, and respect for everyone is just wonderful. Everyone is equal in te companies eyes. Here is a poster that they have hanging up backstage in alot of places around Walt Disney World:

"It seems we humans tend to focus on the differences between us. Whether we are old, young, male, female, straight, gay, Christian, Jew, handicapped, healthy, rich, poor, black, brown, red, yellow, or white, we all want our rights, and we all want to be heard. Point a gun at us and we know fear. Pull the trigger and we die. We cry the same tears when we loose a loved one. If we are fortunate enough to avoid disease, war, famine, accidents, drugs, and violence, we will grow old and die. Life is short. Don't waste it in hate. Fight the problems we all face, not each other." - Author Unknown

I think this is beautiful. So, back to my story.

As I said, I was sitting at home, and wondering why I was making excises and why I don't just go, and chase after my dream!

So, while sitting the chair watching tv, I called mt boss up, quit my job, packed everything I owned, and with $70 to my name, I headed down to Orlando, Florida with just me and my dream. And i got hired at Walt Disney World shortly after that, and I've been making magic at Disney ever since :-)

I haven't regretted my choice to come down for a second, and I'd do it all over again given the chance!

I now currently working at Big Thunder Mountain in Frontierland, located inside the Magic Kingdom, and having a blast at work every single day! I feel so fulfilled at the end of every day, knowing that I helped make someones day extra magical while visiting the most wonderful place on earth. :D

So thats pretty much what I've been up to; it's good to see you guys!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? Cool! I was researching theme parks a few weeks ago and came across that roller coaster. Good to hear what you've been up to! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

American Eagle wrote:Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?
The very one! :D

It's the wildest ride in the wilderness!! LOL

I love how Disney is so diverse. I've met people from all over the world. The Cast Members I've net from all over the world are wonderful; Africa, England, China, etc.

A few months ago, i got to meet the president of Switzerland!! She was cool! \:D/

I've had so many experiences that I would never have had, all due to Disney! 8-)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

AIO Psyche wrote:A story of...duckies.
:inlove:

*coughs* That sounds awesome. \:D/ Hmm... Maybe if I ever get to Disney World I'll come say hi. =P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

It's awesome of you to share what you have been up too. I guess I should to eh. :) :hug:

Gosh I missed this place and the smilies! lol
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

Termite wrote:

*coughs* That sounds awesome. \:D/ Hmm... Maybe if I ever get to Disney World I'll come say hi. =P
The duckie part caught my eye, but not for the same reason it caught Termites. ;) That was an epic story! \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Marvin D. wrote:
Termite wrote:

The duckie part caught my eye, but not for the same reason it caught Termites. ;) That was an epic story! \:D/
You joined in 2009; How do you even remember that??
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:
Termite wrote:

You joined in 2009; How do you even remember that??
Now I want to know what happened... :-k

But no; it probably caught his eye as random whereas I love ducks. :inlove: Especially rubber ones, which I have many of. :- (and hopefully soon a rubber duck nativity set... hehe)
Last edited by Termite on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Took this last night!

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Wooooooo! What's up AIOP! You come back right when I'm leaving. :( Glad to see you're doing some pretty awesome stuff in disney world.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

EK wrote:Wooooooo! What's up AIOP! You come back right when I'm leaving. :( Glad to see you're doing some pretty awesome stuff in disney world.
Considering our history together on this board, do you honestly think this is a coincidence? ;-)

lol

What have you been up to?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Hah, do you still hate me? ;)

I did the stereotypical thing that one does when they don't want to go to college or get a job...I joined the military. >_>
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

EK wrote:Hah, do you still hate me? ;)

I did the stereotypical thing that one does when they don't want to go to college or get a job...I joined the military. >_>
Ha, only joking.

See, I did the other thing that one does when one fesnt want to go to college; I went to Disney LOL

j/k :-) I love my job, I have the best job in the world!

Btw here are a few pics I just snapped! Today is my day off ;-)

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, those are great pictures! :D Thanks for sharing what's been going on in your life, AIOP. It's great to hear that things are going so well for you!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Disney. Nice. \:D/

I immediately recognized your siggy when I saw it...

Also, I just checked and I'm still subscribed to OBC-Channel 24. xD
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

DanP740 wrote:Disney. Nice. \:D/

Hey! It's good to see you! LOL

WOW OBC!!! I haven't thought about that in years! I miss doing that!! O M G And do you remember when I was The Scribbler!? HAHA Wow, the memories!
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

AIO Psyche wrote:
DanP740 wrote:Disney. Nice. \:D/

Hey! It's good to see you! LOL

WOW OBC!!! I haven't thought about that in years! I miss doing that!! Golly Gee Whilikers! And do you remember when I was The Scribbler!? HAHA Wow, the memories!

You were the scribbler?! I was the scribbler! lol we both were and those were some good times. I saw some old private messages with some ideas in them, they still sound pretty awesome. I may just have to dust them off. :)
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I'm not jealous of you. At all. Lies, self.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I welcome you back AIOP, not that we're really acquainted yet, but welcome back none the less.
So, working on the coaster, do you get to ride it free whenever you want?
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

AIO Psyche wrote:(I lived in Jacksonville, AR as you may or may not know)
Love it. \:D/
ImageImageImage
logos linked