He Really Loved Us

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Bren
Be positive!

He Really Loved Us

Post by Bren »

I got a new bible as a graduation gift. It happens that there is a map of happenings for the week of the crucifixion. Let me outline it.

Sunday
Jesus decends from Bethany and enters the temple precincts

Sunday Night
Jesus returns to Bethany to lodge with his friends

Monday
Cleansing of the temple

Tuesday
Sermon on the Mt of Olives

Thursday
Last Supper

Thurday Evening
Garden of Gethsemane

Thursday Night
Jesus is arrested.

Thurday/Early Friday
Taken to Caiaphis for a peliminary hearing

Friday Daybreak
Jesus appears before Sanhedrin
Taken to Pilate

Friday Morning
Taken to Herod
Taken back to Pilate
Crucified

He did all that for us and that doesn't even go into detail about the pain. Yet we find it so hard to do something for him sometimes........
ImageImageImage
logos linked
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Yeah, totally agreed. I think the most amazing part is that not only did He do all that for us, but He did it as God! Imagine you created a world of ants, and they continually hated you and did everything against you. Then, imagine having so much love that you would become like them and be beaten, mocked, whipped and killed for things you created.

Imagine that, expect Christ is so much more incredible, magnificent and powerful that we could ever be. How awesome He is!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

It's absolutely astounding. What a purposeful master we serve. He came with a mission, fulfilled that mission, and has saved my soul.

He deserves all of our praise, that's for sure.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.