Act Like Odyssey Contest!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

But in the note before that it is stated
The Contest is offered only in the United States
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

31899 wrote:But in the note before that it is stated
The Contest is offered only in the United States
That means that the contest is being run by Focus employees in the United States (as opposed to FOTF Canada or other international branches being involved and accepting entries too). If they weren't accepting entries from outside the United States, it would be clearly stated in the Eligibility section. :)
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Does this mean that there is still time to enter and if so does the pakage have to arive by march 31 or be post marked for March 31.

Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

H Tide wrote:A couple entries I found on YouTube for the contest. Both are incredibly well-put together!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_m7HBUaoMo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CRgJ9sQvfY
Wow, both were terrific! Watching those was such a treat. I hope we get to see more than just the 10 finalists since AIO fans everywhere are apparently oozing creative juices.

Thanks for the link, H Tide!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

31899 wrote:Does this mean that there is still time to enter and if so does the pakage have to arive by march 31 or be post marked for March 31.

Postmarked by March 31. :)

In related news, my entry is packaged and ready to mail! \:D/ Who would've thought that my most time-consuming project in this week before spring break wouldn't even be school-related? ;)
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Yay! \:D/ My sister and I just finished filming ours! (and I can't feel my hands to type...it was cold outside) Due to the fact that we have no amazing technical skills ( :anxious: ) we had to get it all in one take. We don't really expect to win, but we had fun and figured we couldn't pass up an AIO contest with no age limit (especially if we would like to see more of them in the future). :D

Now we just have to:
-choose the best take
-burn a DVD
-finish the paperwork
-get it in the mail tomorrow

~Carrie Ingalls
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

We will be recording ours either tonight or tomorrow! \:D/
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I don't know if me and Liz will still enter...I'm not feeling very enthusiastic :( maybe I will once I actually GET UP AND LISTEN TO THE PERTAINING EPISODES *sigh*

Till the end of the line.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT! :mad: I hope we can get ours in on time...
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Does anyone know when there going to put the top ten online?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

It's not from "Act Like Odyssey", but form the same one who made the Ancient World Of Sports one H Tide posted. :P I'm relishing in the ones I can see... I can't wait to see what gets in after tomorrow. I would never have had the talent to do something like this... wishing, but definitely know my own limits. Very exciting though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM5R65BzQrY

EDIT:

This one is hysterical!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYdxIQpbIF0

PS: Is it okay to do this? I mean... hmm... they did put them on youtube... I love all the creativity though.
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

We finally recorded ours last night! I edited it together this morning, and it will in the mail tomorrow! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I transcribed the scene, and we've practiced like twice. hopefully, we'll get around to recording it today, since I have to leave at 4:15

EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

We just mailed ours! I'm trying to put it up on Photobucket so I can put put it on my ToO blog so the rest of you can see it, but its not working for some reason...
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

While I did end up filming part of the scene, my brother and I ended up being too busy to film the rest to send it in time. :( Plus, he wasn't too thrilled about having to act.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

The "Ancient World of Sports" one is really well done!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

we didn't get around to recording or sending ours in. oh well, we'll probly record on anyway just for fun, like all the other videos we've already done.

EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

Here is the link to the one that me, GX and our sister made: http://www.zshare.net/video/745308900561604a/

Believe it or not, I played Harlow. When my mom watched it, she said it looked like I was lip syncing. GX played Wooton, and our sister played Connie.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

EMBEE wrote:Here is the link to the one that me, GX and our sister made: http://www.zshare.net/video/745308900561604a/

Believe it or not, I played Harlow. When my mom watched it, she said it looked like I was lip syncing. GX played Wooton, and our sister played Connie.
Wow great job!
I'll put mine on Youtube if it doesn't make the cut
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Entries are popping up on youtube. Just search for "Act like Odyssey contest" or "Adventures in Odyssey Contest" on youtube and you'll see more results. I really like the Jeremy Cartwood one (2nd link DAM posted). This Aloha Oy! entry is also very well done!

Mr.Whit and others-- I look forward to seeing your videos! :)