Act Like Odyssey Contest!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Well, yeah, but I like doing my Wooton voice.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

ooh! Can you post a sample of it? (you should make a thread in Whit's End for posting your Odyssey character impressions!)
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I guess I could. I'll do it as soon as I have a chance to record myself.
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I recorded my scene today \:D/
Its the one with Jack
You'll see it if they choose it, if not I'll tell you what it was then.
Its a secret for now :-$
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Awesome, Mr.Whit! Who are you in the scene? Jack?
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

And which Jack? Davis, or Allen?
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

With the AWSOME prize that they're giving away who wouldn't be in the contest? I have a few ideas. :pray: Please let me win!
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

I am Jack, Allen that is :)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oooh....how nice!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Has anyone been following the comments on the video podcast? One of the commenters asked if animation was okay; the official reply was affirmative, saying that thinking outside the box with delivery (as the playmobile entry did in the Darien's Rise art contest) might just work.

Also... I have an (in my estimation) awesome idea for an entry that I'm now sharing with the world since I don't have the time/skills to do it. After reading Top's suggestion of condensing DBD into a short video, I thought, why not condense DBD or Novacom or some other miniarc into a 4-minute animation/video for humor? Basically, you only show the essential scenes/plot points and you do them in a slapstick/humorous way. Has anyone heard of the Reduced Shakespeare Company? Take a look at this vid to get an idea of what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOWC5zf8YMw. Yes, the co. condensed Shakespeare plays short enough to fit in Jeopardy! clues.

P.S. If someone uses this idea, I'd like a shoutout... and should you win a cut of the prize (negotiable. Please PM me for details).
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Taq wrote:Has anyone been following the comments on the video podcast? One of the commenters asked if animation was okay; the official reply was affirmative, saying that thinking outside the box with delivery (as the playmobile entry did in the Darien's Rise art contest) might just work.

Also... I have an (in my estimation) awesome idea for an entry that I'm now sharing with the world since I don't have the time/skills to do it. After reading Top's suggestion of condensing DBD into a short video, I thought, why not condense DBD or Novacom or some other miniarc into a 4-minute animation/video for humor? Basically, you only show the essential scenes/plot points and you do them in a slapstick/humorous way. Has anyone heard of the Reduced Shakespeare Company? Take a look at this vid to get an idea of what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOWC5zf8YMw. Yes, the co. condensed Shakespeare plays short enough to fit in Jeopardy! clues.

P.S. If someone uses this idea, I'd like a shoutout... and should you win a cut of the prize (negotiable. Please PM me for details).
I was actually thinking along these same lines! That would be really fun to see.

They're pretty much open to anything, hey? As long as it's under 4 minutes.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I can't even begin to imagine what scene to do. There are so many possibilities!!! I liked the videos on the podcast of people performing them at their churches. I've typed out the scripts of a few episodes and presented them as plays for teaching Children's Church.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Now I remember... lol. My school took the skit from the Odyssey episode where they did a play on the Body... its in album 4, but I can't remember which episode, and the 1st through 5th graders did the skit. It was awesome. Emily was Lucy's character. :) Gotta love remembering these things. But for me that was like... 6, 7 years ago, so I don't have it on video, or I'd send it in. :P Loved that skit though.

-- 27 Jan 2010 08:59 pm --

LOL... let me forget and remember... I was narrator! :) I didn't sound like Whit, of course.. I'm a girl!
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

My brother and I have been debating wether or not we should do the scene we planned on doing, or if we should do a different scene, or what. We cannot make up our minds.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Need help? Is that why you're posting? Well, for Dr. Wise to help, he needs background info, lol.
1. How old is he?
2. What seen did you plan to play?
3. Why are you debating?
Hehe..

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

1. He is 12. My sister also wants to do it with us and she is almost 10. My other brother might do it too, (if we do the scene we originally planned) and he is 7.
2. The scene in The Mailman Cometh where Marvin and Tamika are hyper after drinking coffee.
3. Because we were kind of wanting to do a scene that would be more funny.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Funnier....weeelll....I'm 12 too. How about Switch? Throw in your own characters? Or maybe you could do a BTV show.

EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

We've never heard Switch, so that one's pretty much out. A BTV could work.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Bump \:D/

So, the deadline is almost here, how is it going? Have you already sent in your entry?
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Carrie Ingalls wrote:Bump \:D/

So, the deadline is almost here, how is it going? Have you already sent in your entry?
I did, \:D/ :-$
Anyone else?