The Screwtape Letters

Upcoming production by FOTF Radio Theatre!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

So exciting! And I hadn't heard about the movie!

I suppose I should read the book before all that happens... :anxious:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LizzieG wrote:I suppose I should read the book before all that happens... :anxious:
There's no rush... Walden Media isn't planning on releasing The Screwtape Letters until 2010. It was originally supposed to be out in late 2008, but that obviously isn't happening. It'll be very interesting to see how they adapt the book into a screenplay - the book isn't exactly a very film-friendly story.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Not at all, I'm really wondering what they will manage to put out.

I want CS Lewis's Space Trilogy made into films. :(
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Source?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Elrohir wrote:Source?
For what? The Screwtape Letters radio drama?

Dave Arnold. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
LizzieG wrote:I suppose I should read the book before all that happens... :anxious:
There's no rush... Walden Media isn't planning on releasing The Screwtape Letters until 2010. It was originally supposed to be out in late 2008, but that obviously isn't happening. It'll be very interesting to see how they adapt the book into a screenplay - the book isn't exactly a very film-friendly story.
It's also considered non-fiction. I was wondering how they would do it, too. I mean, there's no action whatsoever. It's just a bunch of letters. Hence the title. But yeah, it doesn't really even seem like movie material.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Nice... I'm looking forward to it. ^_^

And... Space Trilogy films. That's got to be interesting. I'll bet they would make great Radio Theatre productions as well.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Now I understand Dave Arnold's status from yesterday and the questions/replies regarding an "Andy." ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

The Top Crusader wrote:I want CS Lewis's Space Trilogy made into films. :(
Yes. That'd be amazing.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
jhpark
Lurker

Post by jhpark »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi1gNBD38_0

The approach doesn't fit with what I imagined. I always imagined Screwtrape with an outwardly nice-guy type of voice most of the time with only flashes of anger. From the excerpts it sounds like he's always got an angry edge.

I'll probably still get it anyway, just to hear Andy Serkis doing it.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Oh, I'll bet you Screwtape does have a more subtle, conniving edge to him. We haven't heard the entire drama yet. ;)

If you guys haven't seen it yet, you should check out the official Screwtape Letters website!

Oh, and don't forget to follow Screwtape and Wormwood on Twitter! \:D/
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I heard the audio clips on the website. Impressive. The third one is really kind of creepy though...

The twitter..."Twitface Space"? :lol: I may have to read The Screwtape Letters now.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I received my copy of the Screwtape Letters in the mail today. \:D/

Honestly, I was absolutely floored by the packaging. The design is absolutely stunning. Just like Darien's Rise, the case for the Screwtape Letters is enclosed in a thin carboard sleeve.

Image Image

Once you remove the sleeve, you're left with the case, which again features beautifully designed artwork. You'll note the the back (below right) includes a brief forward by Doug Gresham. Also, if you look closely at the SCREWTAPE logo, you might note a unique attribute. See if you can find it. ;)

Image Image

Opening the case reveals five discs and a CD insert filled with credits, the cast listing, and short bios on the more prominent actors.

For those of you still sitting on the fence, debating whether or not to make the purchase... what are you waiting for?! :x
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Looks great! Thanks for the preview, Trent! I'll have to put this on my eternal wishlist.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was just looking through a FOTF product ad the other day and realized that I should be ordering this lovely new product! :D Now I'm definitely even more enthusiastic - this all looks fantastic! Thanks, Trent. \:D/ Enjoy your new purchase!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I ordered mine. Wonderful CBD says it's back ordered and won't ship until Friday and we all know that if it is backordered it is not shipping on Friday. So all of this means I'll have it sometime in February or March. I also ordered a copy from Amazon, it'll be interesting to see which one arrives first. I'm betting Amazon.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

I just received my copy today, though I won't be able to listen yet as I have to go to work. :( It must be popular to be backordered!
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

It's not backordered on Amazon yet. :)

And no, I haven't gotten mine yet. I'll probably put it on my birthday list. :yes:
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I've been looking forward to this because Andy Serkis is doing the voice work.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Kairi wrote:I heard the audio clips on the website. Impressive. The third one is really kind of creepy though...
Yeah... I haven't bought this because the thought of listening to the whole thing vocalized is kinda creepy. :anxious:

Trent, did they hire you to fill Josh's void? ;)