Clear Play

Does anyone own...

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Amethystic wrote:
Jellyfish11 wrote:
Tyler wrote:If there's evil content in your movies why are you watching such evil movies in the first place!? :x
Exactly what I've been thinking.

"Hey, now that I have Clear Play, I'm going to go and rent lots of movies with sex, nudity, and perverse language!" \:D/
But Clear Play gets rid of that stuff. :-
But why would I pay money for Clear Play when I could just not rent movies with that kind of junk??

Saves me some money, I'd say. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
Jellyfish11 wrote:
Tyler wrote:If there's evil content in your movies why are you watching such evil movies in the first place!? :x
Exactly what I've been thinking.

"Hey, now that I have Clear Play, I'm going to go and rent lots of movies with sex, nudity, and perverse language!" \:D/
But Clear Play gets rid of that stuff. :-
But why would I pay money for Clear Play when I could just not rent movies with that kind of junk??

Saves me some money, I'd say. \:D/
Because there are some movies that would be fine with a little filtering and editing; even Dr. Dobson recommends certain movies for Clear Play.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Amethystic wrote:Because there are some movies that would be fine with a little filtering and editing; even Dr. Dobson recommends certain movies for Clear Play.
Where? I like all the Focus on the Family POVs on stuff like this.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

KODY 105 wrote:
Amethystic wrote:Because there are some movies that would be fine with a little filtering and editing; even Dr. Dobson recommends certain movies for Clear Play.
Where? I like all the Focus on the Family POVs on stuff like this.
They mention it in various places, usually on their weekend magazine podcasts, if I remember correctly. :-k
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

We have one of those Word things. It takes out EVERYTHING, unfortunately. Like "kill", "die", "dead", "crude", "heck", even a rooster crowing for some odd unknown reason. It gets annoying after a while. :razz:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Over The Rainbow wrote:We have one of those Word things. It takes out EVERYTHING, unfortunately. Like "kill", "die", "dead", "crude", "heck", even a rooster crowing for some odd unknown reason. It gets annoying after a while. :razz:
Clear Play has different filtering levels. :yes: You guys should really all look at the info vids they have on their website.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've never used Clear Play or any other filtering system, but at our local Christian bookstore they used to offer movies for rent that had been edited for content. We only rented one from there, and as it was one I had already seen unedited, it was definitely an interesting experience. I think they did a pretty good job making it as inoffensive as possible without filtering unnecessarily or obtrusively.
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Yeah, we have clear play. Because it filters things digitally, you can set different filtering levels. So say you don't want any sexual content, but you don't mind violence and mild language. You can set the sex filter to "non," filter out the strong language, and turn the violence filter off. So it's very customisable.

They have quite a few filter catagories too, like disturbing images, gore, kissing, disrespect to parents, etc.

Plus, if you want to watch a movie without any content editing, you can always just turn the filters off, and it'll play just like a regular DVD player would.

All in all, it's a pretty good system, with pretty seamless cuts, so most of the time you barely know anything has been edited out. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's not interested in dumping nuclear waste into their brains.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Raskolnikov wrote:I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's not interested in dumping nuclear waste into their brains.
Aw, I guess it's not for me, then. :( *dumps nuclear waste into her brain*