Funny Story

But more in an odd way....

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

MANY times, I have been mistaken as the Mother of my baby twin brothers or the children I'm watching.

However, sometimes, it gets rather annoying. I have gotten rude stares, points and whispers by people at the mall, Wal-Mart, etc. Many of these inconsiderate people are mothers whispering and pointing me out to their teenage daughters. I wonder if they are saying, "Look at her! A young teenager with a child and probably not married!"

I've also gotten some rude remarks, such as:

"Aren't you a bit young to be having a baby?"

One woman was rude enough to ask me if I planned to marry the Father of the child.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Over The Rainbow wrote:One woman was rude enough to ask me if I planned to marry the Father of the child.
That would be a bit disturbing woulndt it.

I myself have only been mistaken a few times for someone's husband (and thats only cause we were hanging out together and she was getting some shopping done). Though people say I am good with kids.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

With me, most of the mistakes are with mistaken ages; people think that my Dad's my grandpa, my Mum's my sister, and my older brother is my boyfriend ](*,) . It's the most awkward thing when people ask my Dad, "Oh, is that your son's girlfriend?" and my Dad says, "No, that's his sister."

...I think myself and my bro hang out to much :anxious: .
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Since I resemble my brother somewhat, and yes we are Asian ;) , people think he's my kid.

One lady on an airplane turned around and said, "Aw! He's so cute, how old is your son?"

I didn't bother to correct her since I was tired and I just said, "Oh, he's 4."
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Fei wrote:Since I resemble my brother somewhat, and yes we are Asian ;) , people think he's my kid.
All Asians resemble each other, even when they don't! :x
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Taq wrote:
Fei wrote:Since I resemble my brother somewhat, and yes we are Asian ;) , people think he's my kid.
All Asians look the same, since we're from Asia.... duh. :x
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Taq wrote:
:lol: Especially when they're from entirely separate families. :noway:
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Taq wrote:
It's true. Then there's the Chinese that look Japanese (sp?) and the Asians that look sort of Vietnamese (sp?)...I get them mixed up and then they all get mad at me. :anxious:
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

haha...my roommate had something like this happen with her family...I can't remember exactly, but it was something like her brother was married to her mom, and her dad was the grandpa...it was pretty wacko.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

There are many people who have known my mom for years and cannot tell her and my sister apart. People will call them by each other's names, and one person said that looking at one is like looking at the other. Some people have thought they were twins. :-s It's very amusing (to me), because people will call my mom by my sister's name even after she corrects them, and most of the time now she doesn't correct them. And there is only a slight resemblance between them, my mom being 25 or so years older than my sister.

And sometimes when I'm hanging out with my sister, I have the odd feeling that people think we're dating. I don't recall at the moment if anyone has ever actually said that, though.
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

That reminds me, my aunt is nearly my age and we went to this skating rink and this couple thought we were dating :(

Sad thing is my aunt's a major comedian and she said yes. I didn't know about the whole thing and she didn't tell me until I was driving her home. I pretty much freaked out.

That's the last time I'm taking her out :-
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

You have an evil aunt, Johnny!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

I'm very tall for thirteen so when I'm shopping with my older sister(I'm taller then her)People then think we are dating :-k ](*,)

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Nasri wrote:I'm very tall for thirteen so when I'm shopping with my older sister(I'm taller then her)People then think we are dating :-k ](*,)
LOL. I was with my brother one time, we were going to see my dad at work; as we were walking up, this guy standing next to my dad asks him,

"Oh, your son as a very nice looking girlfriend." ](*,)
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

Ben Linus wrote:
Nasri wrote:I'm very tall for thirteen so when I'm shopping with my older sister(I'm taller then her)People then think we are dating :-k ](*,)
LOL. I was with my brother one time, we were going to see my dad at work; as we were walking up, this guy standing next to my dad asks him,

"Oh, your son as a very nice looking girlfriend." ](*,)
That is :hilarious:

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
Follower of Christ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Follower of Christ »

Once, when I was babysitting a toddler for his mother, I decided to take him to the park. When we got there, a lady started staring at me. Finally, she approached me and asked, "You are just watching him, right?"
I responded "Yes, I'm his babysitter". She then said, "Good, I thought you were one of them who does indecent acts at a young age." As soon as she said this, she walked away.

Also, years ago when we first started attending our church, our pastor thought my mother was our sister. He thought that my father was a widower and that my mother was just his oldest daughter. It's kind of scary that people think my mother is my father's daughter, because she's only 3 yrs. younger than him.
Jesus is ready for anyone who is ready for him.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

When I was playing with my three year old cousin I was constantly saying things like, "Don't get dirty or Mommy will kill me!", etc. :- I got a couple laughs out of people with my comments.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

SivartM wrote:And sometimes when I'm hanging out with my sister, I have the odd feeling that people think we're dating. I don't recall at the moment if anyone has ever actually said that, though.
I've had that feeling too. :-k
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Plaid Ninja wrote:You have an evil aunt, Johnny!
Yes and she's fifteen. Which makes it alot worse. She makes me call her aunt...

She's fun and wicked awesome! But she plays to many pranks :x
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

ghostofjohnny wrote:
Plaid Ninja wrote:You have an evil aunt, Johnny!
Yes and she's fifteen. Which makes it alot worse. She makes me call her aunt...

She's fun and wicked awesome! But she plays to many pranks :x
I have a aunt whose fifteen; but she doesn't play pranks, she does karate--and lives in a big, big house.