Up - Pixar Film

May 29

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

JesusIsAlive wrote:I've been saving a couple of movie theater tickets that I got around Christmas just for Up. \:D/ So yes, I'm very excited about seeing it. Although, I have an extra ticket. Anyone wanna come with me? ;)
I would but it would eb so far to travel :-(

I think it looks to be one I'll see but thats only if the local theatre has it when I have money to see it.

oh and Ziff that looks mor elike a gundam cat then a transformer's cat
redrose
Processing

Post by redrose »

I would go to see it in theaters but it costs probably close to $200 to go to our local theater.
We have raised our hopes and our cities high
We have followed fragile dreams
But only One could take the measure of our goals
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

redrose wrote:I would go to see it in theaters but it costs probably close to $200 to go to our local theater.
:-s Could you eexplain?
redrose
Processing

Post by redrose »

Irwin Springer wrote:
redrose wrote:I would go to see it in theaters but it costs probably close to $200 to go to our local theater.
There are 14 people in my family. And if each ticket costs $10 That's $140 and some cost $15
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

redrose wrote:
Irwin Springer wrote:
There are 14 people in my family. And if each ticket costs $10 That's $140 and some cost $15
Understandable! :lol:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Jugglah wrote:Pixar is known for having very bad trailers that have almost nothing to do with the movie. Remember Mr. Incredible struggling to put on his belt? Ugh. That doesn't quite seem to be the case with Up, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. Pixar is one of the best things in the whole world, in my opinion.
Personally, I think Pixar trailers are different, creative, artistic, and basically brilliant. They always make you wonder, "what in the WORLD is this movie about?" Which is what trailers are supposed to do.

Most other trailers out there basically just show you the movie in 5 minutes, and I think that's lame.

Another thing Pixar trailers do is set expectations just at the right level by not being too over the top. The movie has plenty of room to meet and exceed expectations. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a trailer that outshines its movie.

Actually, I thought Mr. Incredible struggling to put on his belt was hilarious. \:D/
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Dance or Die
I'm a teapot

Post by Dance or Die »

Raskolnikov wrote:
Jugglah wrote:Pixar is known for having very bad trailers that have almost nothing to do with the movie. Remember Mr. Incredible struggling to put on his belt? Ugh. That doesn't quite seem to be the case with Up, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. Pixar is one of the best things in the whole world, in my opinion.
Personally, I think Pixar trailers are different, creative, artistic, and basically brilliant. They always make you wonder, "what in the WORLD is this movie about?" Which is what trailers are supposed to do.

Most other trailers out there basically just show you the movie in 5 minutes, and I think that's lame.

Another thing Pixar trailers do is set expectations just at the right level by not being too over the top. The movie has plenty of room to meet and exceed expectations. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a trailer that outshines its movie.

Actually, I thought Mr. Incredible struggling to put on his belt was hilarious. \:D/

Well said brother, well said.
redrose
Processing

Post by redrose »

Raskolnikov wrote:

Yes I know. I have been so disappointed by a movie that the trailer says it's onething and the movie is another. That part with Mr. Incrediable is Hilarious.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Of course I'm going to see it, seeing as we watch all the Pixar movies (the few we watch)
We'll probably see it soon after it comes out, and then once it goes to another theatre, we'll go on $.50 ticket Monday. ;)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I TOTALLY want to see it! So does like... half my group of friends at school. But I can't see us going together.. Maybe I can get money and see it one week day before I head to Florida for vacation. I can't wait to see Up!!!!!!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

DanP740 wrote:Of course I'm going to see it, seeing as we watch all the Pixar movies (the few we watch)
We'll probably see it soon after it comes out, and then once it goes to another theatre, we'll go on $.50 ticket Monday. ;)
Does your $.50 theatre have the technology to play it in 3D? Because, despite my concerns about it, apparently it's nothing short of awe striking in 3D.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I saw it tonight. Not in 3D, so I don't know how much the theater I went to charges for 3D.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

A few people went to go see it after youth group tonight. Presumably they're still there. :anxious:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

My husband talked to Jess Harnell the other day. He highly recommended it. Said it was so good, he forgot he was in it. :lol:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Pixar never fails. \:D/ I'll probably go see it tomorrow.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

darcie wrote:My husband talked to Jess Harnell the other day. He highly recommended it. Said it was so good, he forgot he was in it. :lol:
Hehe... he must be a small part.... he's someways down the list of actors on the IMDB page, but... even being on the page shows he's something in the movie! Nurse AJ! :)

I might see it Sunday afternoon... :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

darcie wrote:My husband talked to Jess Harnell the other day. He highly recommended it. Said it was so good, he forgot he was in it. :lol:
I didn't realize that! That seals the deal - I definitely need to see this movie. :D I love Jess Harnell. :inlove: It seems that everybody has good things to say about Up! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Now I'm going to have to see it again!!! I did not know Jess Harnell was in it!! I only found out by reading the end credits that Jess was in Horton Hears a Who.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:
I didn't realize that! That seals the deal - I definitely need to see this movie. :D I love Jess Harnell. :inlove: It seems that everybody has good things to say about Up! \:D/
As if you need any other reason to see a Pixar movie. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Laurie wrote:I saw it tonight. Not in 3D, so I don't know how much the theater I went to charges for 3D.
I saw it last night when it came out too Laurie! We did see it in 3D, and let me say that it has been a long time since I have seen anything in 3D. It was amazing and very funny. =D> Even worth the excessive cost of $13 for an adult ticket. I really liked the old guy as the main character, and the story line was developed really well with his life story. It was my daughter's first movie in the theater, so that made for a fun experience too. No more paper 3D glasses either.

Does anyone know which part Jess Harnell plays?