Favorite Animal Episodes?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Favorite Animal Episodes?

Post by jennifertwt »

My friend's son's guinea pig passed away (I raised him) and I was trying to compile a list of 'animal' Adventures in Odyssey episodes to cheer him up. What are your favorites? So far I have All's WEll with Boswell, Pet Peeves, Nothing to Fear (Luther the mouse) and Viva La Difference. I vaguely remember one about a cockroach or flea collection. Can anyone help me with a title?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Jared and Dwayne talked about Dwayne's dog in "Best Face Forward." In that episode, the dog chewed up Dwayne's neighbor's tree and Dwayne wanted to get out of it.

In "The Eternal Birthday and The Imaginary Friend," Bethany had an invisible friend she called Belinda Darling. Perhaps that would be good, but perhaps not.

"Sunset Bowlawater" was narrated by a dead goldfish. ("Sunset Bowlawater and Long Way Home")

Dotty had No-No in "The Great Wishy Woz."

Connie's roommate Lindsey gives Connie a goldfish they name "Kerplunk."
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

jennifertwt wrote:My friend's son's guinea pig passed away (I raised him) and I was trying to compile a list of 'animal' Adventures in Odyssey episodes to cheer him up. What are your favorites? So far I have All's WEll with Boswell, Pet Peeves, Nothing to Fear (Luther the mouse) and Viva La Difference. I vaguely remember one about a cockroach or flea collection. Can anyone help me with a title?
I believe the episode might be Red Herring. I think that's the one that Alex and Cal were talking to Connie on Candid Conversations with Connie about Alex's bug collection. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

jennifertwt wrote:I vaguely remember one about a cockroach or flea collection. Can anyone help me with a title?
...or you could be thinking of "In All Things Give Thanks," with Jessica's escaping cockroach collection (turned reptile collection by the end).
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I suggest Ice Fishing. The pursuit of Old Grundy? Hilarious.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

The Invisible Dog makes me tear up every time. :(
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Karen is when Donna gets Fergeson, a cat.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

The wonderdog section of Hidden In My Heart such a funny episode! :)
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Boswell wrote:The Invisible Dog makes me tear up every time. :(
Really?
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote:
Really?
Fo' sho'. I hate dogs, but I can't help getting choked up at Trent's account of his dog's death.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Boswell wrote:
Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote:
Really?
Fo' sho'. I hate dogs, but I can't help getting choked up at Trent's account of his dog's death.
I agree the flashback scene was well done "fo sho" :lol:
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

THANKS! In Everything Give Thanks was the missing episode I was trying to remember. I had forgotten about Sunset Bowlawater and The Invisible Dog.

When my cat died, I listed to Good Grief (the cassette album) over and over until I had cried it out.

-- 16 Jan 2010 02:58 pm --
KODY 105 wrote: In that episode, roommate Lindsey gives Connie a goldfish they name "Kerplunk."

I'm finally getting back to this project after a friend had to put her cat to sleep this week. Which episode is Kerplunk in?

Best Face Forward was hilarious. Lester is not my favorite character, but the 'funeral' for Ralph in The Invisible Dog is hilarious. I just listened to Ice Fishing and had to laugh when Eugene said the temp was 20F. It's about 24F here in Sweden right now. I can relate!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden