Mother's day

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Mother's day

Post by jennifertwt »

What are some of your favorite episodes having to do with mother's? I like Honor Thy Parents and Thank You, God.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Interesting, I've never thought about Mother's Day episodes. \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Like Irwin, I never thought of Mother's Day episodes either. I'd have to agree with Jennifer about Thank You, God being a favorite. Fiona was an excellent mom. Her Christian character, despite going blind, remained strong and nudged a young Whit towards salvation.

Hmm, there is an episode called Father's Day (about Connie and her father), so perhaps Mother's Day would be a good theme for a future episode.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

If we talked about irresponsible mothers than Kelly's mother in "The Chosen One" would qualify.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote:If we talked about irresponsible mothers than Kelly's mother in "The Chosen One" would qualify.
Mother's Day isn't usually a time to focus on mother's flaws. :anxious:
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

I can't think of mom specific episodes, but I would have to say that Connie's mom wins the award for best mom as she has had a daughter who has been a teenager for 20 years. =D>
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Robyn Jacobs wrote:I can't think of mom specific episodes, but I would have to say that Connie's mom wins the award for best mom as she has had a daughter who has been a teenager for 20 years. =D>
:hilarious: Good one, Robyn!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Shawndlay wrote:
Robyn Jacobs wrote:I can't think of mom specific episodes, but I would have to say that Connie's mom wins the award for best mom as she has had a daughter who has been a teenager for 20 years. =D>
Lol! :hilarious:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Sapphire wrote:
Shawndlay wrote:
Lol! :hilarious:
I concur.

Say, I wonder if this aspect will be changed in Album 51. I wonder if things will stay mostly the same or not...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

KODY 10K wrote:Say, I wonder if this aspect will be changed in Album 51. I wonder if things will stay mostly the same or not...
You think Connie will have a different mom?
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Shawndlay wrote:
KODY 10K wrote:Say, I wonder if this aspect will be changed in Album 51. I wonder if things will stay mostly the same or not...
You think Connie will have a different mom?
No. (Well, the voice actor may be different, as we can hear.) But what if Connie actually becomes an adult living on her own and goes to college or gets a different job *sniff*? How do we know what changes this hiatus will bring?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hasn't she already done at least most of that? :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

KODY 10K wrote:But what if Connie actually becomes an adult living on her own and goes to college or gets a different job *sniff*? How do we know what changes this hiatus will bring?
She is an adult living on her own. She doesn't live at home anymore. She has put off college, not because she's too young, but because she hasn't found what direction she wants to go in. Something I'm sure many of us can identify with. :yes: But, yes, I imagine that she will eventually end up there. Connie has had a different job with the Timothy Center and it sounded like her role there was pretty big. I don't know how that will be handled in the future because of the uncertainty about the future of Tom's character.

Maybe Connie will get a boyfriend! \:D/

Oh wait, already done...
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Shawndlay wrote:Maybe Connie will get a boyfriend! \:D/

Oh wait, already done...
Maybe Connie will get married! Well, that was almost done! Then Mitch had to move to Budapest...
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

KODY 10K wrote:

Oh wait, already done...
Maybe Connie will get married! Well, that was almost done! Then Mitch had to move to Budapest...
*cough*
Eugene
*cough*
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I can't think of specific mom focused episodes--well, mayby My Favorite Thing when the Washington family tries to give Elaine a birthday celebration to remember. But, anyway, as I've been listening recently I will give props to mom-focused scenes:

"Karen" Mary Barkley has to tell Donna that Karen's leg was amputated
"Back to School" Leslie's mom explains that friends change
"A Little Credit Please" June Kendall guides Connie in the use of her credit card
"A Time for Action" Grady's mom is proud that Grady wants to help others, but has to keep him from giving everything away
"Bad Company" Mary Barkley (she has to be Odyssey's super-mom) tells Donna that the reason her friends are changing is because she is changing and growing in her relationship with God
"The Family Next Door" Rachel Straussburg explains to Mandy that they're still a family, even if they are a little different now.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Good list! Hadn't ever thought about those scenes before. I know it's a step-mother, but how about Fiona's talk with "John Avery" in Thank You, God?
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Shawndlay wrote:Good list! Hadn't ever thought about those scenes before. I know it's a step-mother, but how about Fiona's talk with "John Avery" in Thank You, God?
Look at the first post ;)
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Agent3xq wrote:
Shawndlay wrote:Good list! Hadn't ever thought about those scenes before. I know it's a step-mother, but how about Fiona's talk with "John Avery" in Thank You, God?
Look at the first post ;)
I was referring to the post right above mine...
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote:
KODY 10K wrote:

Oh wait, already done...
*cough*
Eugene
*cough*
But Eugene's married already! :shock: (I understand what you mean. ;) )

I love when June becomes a Christian in "Where is Thy Sting?"

With the Barclays, George seemed to have most of the touching scenes with the kids.