Novacom saga

special preview of the bonus disc

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

AHHH!!!! I'm so excited to get this!!! Do any of you have any idea what the "bonus materials" going to be?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I've posted my review of the Novacom boxed set. :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Awesomeness! \:D/ I'm hoping that my copy will arrive in the mail tomorrow or Friday so I can rip Trent's review to shreds! :x

One thing that really made me excited was this part of Trent's review:
Listening to Jess Harnell create the voice for Bennett Charles is absolutely priceless.
That sounds sooo good! I can't wait to hear it! :mad:
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

My package fell victim to the four-day-long Easter weekend break and won't be arriving until Monday. So what's a fan to do? Why, obviously he finds out that a Christian bookstore just got them in, and goes to pay $25 more for it to enjoy over the weekend with the intent of returning the Amazon copy to the store later.

The packaging is more than I could have hoped for (magnets are neat), and the bonus feature, while short, was satisfying. I can't wait to listen to the saga again this summer, but mostly, it made me more excited for what's to come!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Boswell wrote:Why, obviously he finds out that a Christian bookstore just got them in, and goes to pay $25 more for it to enjoy over the weekend with the intent of returning the Amazon copy to the store later.
Are you crazy?! You could've bought an entire repack with that extra money! :noway:
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Boswell wrote:Why, obviously he finds out that a Christian bookstore just got them in, and goes to pay $25 more for it to enjoy over the weekend with the intent of returning the Amazon copy to the store later.
Are you crazy?! You could've bought an entire repack with that extra money! :noway:
I guess I phrased that poorly. I meant that when I get my factory-sealed Amazon copy, I'll take that copy back to the store and get my money back. I'd have to be crazy to actually spend $65 on this set; the end result is me with my Novacom Saga three days earlier, minus the $40 I paid for it on Amazon, and the store's inventory and cash balance are as if I had never been there at all. Nothing wrong with that. :noway:

By the way, if anybody else had the idea that the German phrase that keeps showing up at the bottom of the Top Secret booklet mean anything...they don't (German runs in my family). They're just part of the stock image used to create the "old" feel.
tiggerish100
Not as new

Post by tiggerish100 »

Sorry to bother you but do we right the review here or talk about buying it?? cause if its the place where you write the review I thought they did a very good job. Though how close to the truth is it really??
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

tiggerish100 wrote:Sorry to bother you but do we right the review here or talk about buying it?? cause if its the place where you write the review I thought they did a very good job. Though how close to the truth is it really??
Hey tiggerish100!

We do both. We post about everything concerning the Novacom Saga.

~DRB
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

You guys are doing this all wrong. I've had my set since March 31.:D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Laurie wrote:You guys are doing this all wrong. I've had my set since March 31.:D
It took you that long? Any website will tell you that it was released on March 23rd! (Or, at least that's what they started saying once they got their copies on April 3rd.)

We don't all have your resources, Laurie. :shame: My choices were Indigo or Amazon (Indigo had it first, but has slower shipping (unless you live in lower Ontario :noway: ), so both online retailers would have delivered on April 20th), or a local store which got them in one business day earlier.

I suppose you have AIO Live as well? :doubt:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jacob Isom wrote:There will only be a total of 4 audio clips released on fan sites, so this is it. We'll have to wait for the release to hear the rest.
Could someone post the links to these 4 clips? :pray:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jacob Isom has links to all four clips on his Novacom page. :)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Boswell wrote:
Laurie wrote:You guys are doing this all wrong. I've had my set since March 31.:D
It took you that long? Any website will tell you that it was released on March 23rd! (Or, at least that's what they started saying once they got their copies on April 3rd.)

We don't all have your resources, Laurie. :shame: My choices were Indigo or Amazon (Indigo had it first, but has slower shipping (unless you live in lower Ontario :noway: ), so both online retailers would have delivered on April 20th), or a local store which got them in one business day earlier.

I suppose you have AIO Live as well? :doubt:
No, I don't have AIO Live yet. I don't have the resources I used to have or I would have had the Novacom set earlier. My two very favorite family owned Christian bookstores closed for good in August '08.:cry: If they were still open I would've had it earlier. I'm down to the Family Christian Store now and they never get new stuff in as fast as the two bookstores I lost.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Thank you Trent and Laura! =D>
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I was in the christian bookstore closest to me and didn't realize it was out yet and I saw it! But they were charging $50 for it!!! I didn't have that money :(

EDIT: Thanks for the Novacom bonus links!
Last edited by Agent3xq on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Jacob Isom has links to all four clips on his Novacom page. :)
So does AIOwiki.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

It came, it came! :yay: ...and I only ordered it four days ago!

The case is very nice and sturdier than I expected, which is a good thing considering too high of a percentage of my jewel cases tend to break in some way. :anxious:

I'm loving the Top Secret pouch and the 3-ring organization of the discs.

I'm not planning on listening to it until my road trip in two weeks, however. :noway:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I bought mine yesterday! :D When I listen/view the bonus material I'll post about that. Packaging is nice but the "16-page booklet" is a ripoff if you were expecting anything new. :anxious:
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I purchased my nova box on Wednesday.