Hero! The Rock Opera

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Hero! The Rock Opera

Post by Catspaw »

Has anybody else heard Hero! The Rock Opera or seen it? I haven't seen it, wither live or on DVD, but I have the CDs. I had heard of it, but never thought that I would like the music. Then my roommate kept playing it, and I decided that I really liked it, even though it's different than what I usually listen to. For those who haven't heard of it, it's the story of Jesus' ministry in music, but their premise is, "What if He was born in Bethlehem...Pennsylvania?" It's kind of a modern version in New York.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Its good. It didn't blow me away but I enjoyed it.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I want to see it i might some day
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Ooh, I'm going to have to check that out!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

ive seen the cover its like the cross is a street sign
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I haven't seen it. I've heard of it, though. Looks good. I should see it some day.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I saw it in concert and it was incredible... better than the DVD and much better than the CD really.

The concept is what if Jesus hadn't come 2000 years ago, but rather had been born in the US and had his ministry, was crucified, and rose again in New York City. The thing that really carries this idea is the quality of the music. It was all written specifically for this "Rock Opera". I enjoyed it a lot and would recommend anyone that is interested in the participating artists (Tait, Grits, T-bone, Rebecca Saitn James, Audio Adrenaline, others that I can't think of right now) to check it out.
Not dead yet.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

If you want a preview, go to http://www.herouniverse.com. There's lots of information and previews and stuff there. It's a good choice if you're trying to decide if you would like to listen to it or see it or not.

David O, that's cool that you actually got to see it! I believe that it's better live, since so many things are.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I saw it live. Good. I loved the wedding ceromony! We traveled about 2 hours to see it!
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

The wedding ceremony was the man! "Now is the time... to get down!"

One of the things I remember that was way sweeter in concert was the healing of the lame man. In concert, after he was healed he started jumping up and down with everyone else, then he started breakdancing... and he was really good! It was sweet. In the DVD he just jumps up and down and looks funny with his "War Vet" sign and grungy clothes.

There were about 5000 people in the auditorium where it all went down. It was crazy packed, from side to side with people wanting to see it. I had such a great time... the music was phenomenal, the story was entertaining and thought provoking... I would recommend this DVD to just about anybody.

SO cool!
Not dead yet.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I sooooo want to see that!!!! ](*,) I'm wait to find either/or the DVD/CD in a CD Shop! I really love the song "Raised In Harlem"!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Christian bookstore at my college just put out a flyer for a sale that starts next Friday, and it has the Hero! DVD in it! I'll go buy it next Friday, if they have them in stock like they should. I was so excited when I saw it in there! I'm sure that it won't be as cool as seeing it live, but it should be better than just having the CDs.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

I have both seen it and i have the CD. It is great.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I finally got the DVD set! \:D/ I went to my bookstore the first day of the sale, and found out that they didn't have any copies of the Hero! DVD in, and was asked if I wanted to special order it in. :roll: It took a few weeks to come in, much longer than I was told that it should, but whatever. I've watched it once now (yesterday), and I just started to watch it again! My CDs make more sense now that I've seen what's all happening, and it's much easier to know who is saying/singing what now. On the CDs I had trouble telling which character was singing without looking at the booklet.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i had always thought that that it was jesus sing to maggy in that duet
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I haven't, but want to. I am looking for the CD, but also want the DVD.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Catspaw wrote:I finally got the DVD set! \:D/ I went to my bookstore the first day of the sale, and found out that they didn't have any copies of the Hero! DVD in, and was asked if I wanted to special order it in. :roll: It took a few weeks to come in, much longer than I was told that it should, but whatever. I've watched it once now (yesterday), and I just started to watch it again! My CDs make more sense now that I've seen what's all happening, and it's much easier to know who is saying/singing what now. On the CDs I had trouble telling which character was singing without looking at the booklet.
Did you enjoy it?
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

my big bro has it on dvd and it is good

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

AIOfan11 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I finally got the DVD set! \:D/ I went to my bookstore the first day of the sale, and found out that they didn't have any copies of the Hero! DVD in, and was asked if I wanted to special order it in. :roll: It took a few weeks to come in, much longer than I was told that it should, but whatever. I've watched it once now (yesterday), and I just started to watch it again! My CDs make more sense now that I've seen what's all happening, and it's much easier to know who is saying/singing what now. On the CDs I had trouble telling which character was singing without looking at the booklet.
Did you enjoy it?
Very much so! I thought that it was a lot of fun, and it was interesting to see how some stuff from the Bible was "translated" by the group into modern stuff.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Catspaw wrote:
AIOfan11 wrote:
Did you enjoy it?
Very much so! I thought that it was a lot of fun, and it was interesting to see how some stuff from the Bible was "translated" by the group into modern stuff.
I am glad you liked it!