X-men Origins: Wolverine

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

We just watched it... it was pretty good. There were a few unfinished special effects that were funny to see. \:D/
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Was it better than X-3?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yes (though, that isn't saying much ;)).
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Very true...
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

So can you give me a moral review? I mean, is there anything that someone could possibly look at and say "That's wrong"? (Language, sexual, violence, etc)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Nope, none of that! \:D/

Of all things, how could there be violence in a film about a guy with claws who works for the military? :noway:
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

The Top Crusader wrote:Nope, none of that! \:D/

Of all things, how could there be violence in a film about a guy with claws who works for the military? :noway:
lol good point. :tongue2: So nothing bad whatsoever? I gotta see this film. \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

And mild swearing... there wasn't like... graphic sex or anything... but keep in mind this is a 95% finished draft... maybe the remaining 5% will be complete and utter filth! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Fox chairman says leaked 'Wolverine' is an 'unfinished version' and 'a complete misrepresentation of the film.'

I haven't watched the first three yet, so I probably won't be seeing Wolverine for a while... unless someone suggests that I watch the X-Men films out of order. \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, chronologically, its first... sort of like the order of the Star Wars films. ;)
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I personally felt that the film was somewhat gumbled and that parts were missing - so I'm hoping what Mr. Fox Chairman says is indeed true.

EDIT: a few swear words, Wolverine with his shirt off once or twice, and violence... that's the gist of the 'negative elements.'
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Sweet. :yes: *needs to watch movie*
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

I just saw the new X-Men flick on Friday! It was cool in my opinion. :D I am an X-Men fan for sure though. I liked that it gave Wolverine's full story, and why he couldn't remember what had happened in his past.

It is definitely for X-Men fans who have seen the other movies. According to my guy friends and husband, who are X-Men comic book fans, it helps follows with the comic book story!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I just saw it friday, it was pretty cool. The epic moments weren't too epic but it was a good movie nevertheless.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Robyn Jacobs wrote:I just saw the new X-Men flick on Friday! It was cool in my opinion. :D I am an X-Men fan for sure though. I liked that it gave Wolverine's full story, and why he couldn't remember what had happened in his past.

It is definitely for X-Men fans who have seen the other movies. According to my guy friends and husband, who are X-Men comic book fans, it helps follows with the comic book story!
It sort of diverted from the comic story on a few points--but I have given up stressing over those things, I just treat the films as their own seperate universe or whatever, apart from the comics.

Anyway, I saw it in theaters and was kind of disappointed--I saw the workprint as was mentioned earlier in here, and Fox Studios insisted there was tons of stuff not in that print... but... yeah, basically it was the exact same thing with touch-ups on the effects. ;) So I liked it still but I was hoping a few things would be fleshed out more from what I saw originally.

I hope there is a Deadpool sequel, yay! \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is ridiculous though.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've only seen the first X-men movie (:thumbsup:), but my family has told me that the second one at least is just as good (if not better), so I mean to invest some more hours in this franchise. :-
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

LizzieG wrote:I've only seen the first X-men movie (:thumbsup:), but my family has told me that the second one at least is just as good (if not better), so I mean to invest some more hours in this franchise. :-
It's definitely worth your time to watch all the X-Men flicks! Great story lines and action! :D
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

Tyler wrote: Hellboy was awesome...especially the 2nd one.
I like Hellboy in general, but the movies just didn't cut it for me. Too many plotholes. I'll just read the comics.

Back on Topic: I am not anticipating XMen at this moment. I heard it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I think I'll save my $10 for Star Trek!
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I thought it was a pretty good movie. Kinda disapointed that Deadpool wasnt really in it. I was surprised to see two characters in it, Cyc and Prof X. Now I know you guys might say Cyc was in the previews but I thought it might of been just another mutant with a simular power cause I couldnt think of how Cyc would fit in.

I hear Magneto is next, that one I'm really looking forward to