Twitter!?!?!?!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Arwen wrote:I've never really been on the site...but I don't see the point...isn't Facebook good enough?
Maybe if your parents would let you on Facebook. :P
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Huh?

EDIT: Sorry, that WAS a one word post...but the above post made no sense...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

True enough. Facebook has everything Twitter has and much more.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

My parents wont let me on Facebook for some reason(s) so I'm stuck with the lesser stuff. :roll:
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I would think that a parent concerned about Facebook would equally concerned about Twitter.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

KODY 105 wrote:I would think that a parent concerned about Facebook would equally concerned about Twitter.
Well not exactly, because there are thousands more people on Facebook, and you share a lot more info about yourself on there.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Jellyman: You can do this either place if you want.
KODY 105 wrote:I would think that a parent concerned about Facebook would equally concerned about Twitter.
You'd think.. :roll: Who am I to understand the parental brain...?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I actually find facebook and twitter to be two separate entities, while with the facebook redesign they try to make it alot more like twitter, the difference is facebook is alot about the extended interaction of you and your friends while twitter is about the right-now interaction...if that makes sense.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Tyler wrote:I actually find facebook and twitter to be two separate entities, while with the facebook redesign they try to make it alot more like twitter, the difference is facebook is alot about the extended interaction of you and your friends while twitter is about the right-now interaction...if that makes sense.
I see your point. But I think he was saying that from a safety standpoint it should be the same.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I see. You meant to say "wouldn't" rather than "would" earlier, and that's what threw me. ;)

Yeah...plus Facebook can be as safe as you want. You can even set it so that people can search for you and not find you, and you have to add them as friends instead of the other way around.

I'm still a Facebook fan, but I admit that I don't like this new stuff. It was much more structured before, and now it seems like it's all being thrown together...harder to decipher.

Anyway, I think I'll pass on Twitter for now.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

u can actually connect twitter to facebook and to myspace via a ap/code.

you use a code in myspace and you used the ap in facebook and the facebook thing changes your whole facebook.....whereas the myspace just adds a widget.

and then when you say something on twitter it automatically goes to myspace and facebook.....which, on facebook, you have to be careful of what you say......lol...

ImageImageImageImage
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Arwen wrote:I see. You meant to say "wouldn't" rather than "would" earlier, and that's what threw me. ;)

Yeah...plus Facebook can be as safe as you want. You can even set it so that people can search for you and not find you, and you have to add them as friends instead of the other way around.

I'm still a Facebook fan, but I admit that I don't like this new stuff. It was much more structured before, and now it seems like it's all being thrown together...harder to decipher.

I know, that's what I keep telling them!! ](*,)
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

What's the hype about Twitter? Isn't it like all the rest? :-k

I've been on facebook, myspace, livejournal, xanga, blogger, shoutlife, mypraize, mychurch, GodTube, thyspace and I even blogged on twitter once. I just don't get the craze. I guess it's just not my thing.

I do have xanga and blogger to keep in touch with people, otherwise I wouldn't use it.
Love is stronger than death.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Fang wrote:
Arwen wrote:I see. You meant to say "wouldn't" rather than "would" earlier, and that's what threw me. ;)

I tell my parents that too... but I'm not allowed facebook.
They don't know I have twitter.

My twitter is rawringlee after that whole website part.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Anna><> wrote:
Fang wrote:

I tell my parents that too... but I'm not allowed facebook.
They don't know I have twitter.

My twitter is rawringlee after that whole website part.
A fellow deprived Facebookite. \:D/

Cool, I'll follow you...
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Twitter - Don't get it.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:Twitter - Don't get it.
Ditto that. :). Facebook is fine with me. :)
I do what I do.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

I'm on both Twitter (as gyorklady, if anyone's...really curious) and Facebook. And even though I connect to more of my IRL friends on those two, I find that I still spend more time on LiveJournal.

*shrugs* C'est la vie, I guess.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

* Raised hand*

I am also facebook deprived. But my mom has some of you.