Congratulate me!

HUGE UPDATE. Read latest post...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

My first accident (and ONLY one, I'm proud to say ;) ) was not my fault. Stopped at a light while driving back from getting my permit, some stupid kid smashed into the car behind me, which catapulted them into the van I was in.... So, it was like a 'three care pile-up.'

The car behind me was pretty jacked up, and some other kid who was in that car (who was ALREADY hurt and on his way to a surgery) got rather jacked up, too. I got whip-lash :(.

Man, I wanted to wring that one kid's neck. He was a 'rich boy', though, and his dad drove over to the gas station we'd all pulled into to help him out and tell him to keep his mouth shut. Thankfully our car wasn't hurt (it was a rental, I have no idea what we would have done). I still felt bad for the kid and his mom in the car behind me, though.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, it was my old Beretta, which was an awesome first car but by then I think I was a few months away from getting rid of it--so I drove with a dented fender instead of suffering retaliation from a drug syndicate. \:D/

Crack is probably the most popular narcotic around here... what's the cool thing down there? I always image Georgia to be more of a crystal meth state but I could be wrong! \:D/
I'm thinking crack. \:D/

All of the kiddies are pot-heads though...but that of course is everywhere. :(
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Tyler wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, it was my old Beretta, which was an awesome first car but by then I think I was a few months away from getting rid of it--so I drove with a dented fender instead of suffering retaliation from a drug syndicate. \:D/

Crack is probably the most popular narcotic around here... what's the cool thing down there? I always image Georgia to be more of a crystal meth state but I could be wrong! \:D/
I'm thinking crack. \:D/

All of the kiddies are pot-heads though...but that of course is everywhere. :(
Crack seems to be the thing everywhere \:D/.

In Florida it's crack and coke. Heroine, too.. and always pot- but yeah, that's everywhere.

And why I felt the need to put that in there, I have no idea :-.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The ToO drug cartel! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Long overdue, I say! \:D/ It will help deal with the surplus economy! \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I want some illegal TA-418 from Red Scorpion!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Tyler wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:They were a drug dealer with no insurance so I let them get away with it. \:D/
LOL. Exact same thing happened to me. I just let him drive away, my truck is old anyway.
Oh yeah, another lovely facet of the story... the girl who hit me originally gave me their phone number so I could call them and we could exchange insurance info, but the number was apparently non-existent when I tried to call... so I went to the police since I knew the address of where the car was, and the officer on duty said basically "Yeah... that's a known drug dealer, you're probably better off just not pressing the issue". \:D/

I don't know, for some reason a police officer giving that advice amuses me. \:D/ Also I LOL that its a known drug dealer, but they aren't arresting them. :-s
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

That's the way cops are here, they just don't seem to care. :(
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Josef1004 wrote:BTW, that center lane, unless I greatly err, is a left turn lane. You should NEVER cruise along on it waiting to merge right. Wait until the proper lane is clear.
You shouldn't? :anxious:

I had parallel parking lessons last summer, and my driving instructor told me that, when turning left, I could pull into the center lane and merge right from there. :x
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I had the same reaction, Lizzie. :anxious: I think we're allowed to use the center lane in California. And, as all driving laws vary by state, it makes sense that this would be different here and there.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I was instructed to drive by my 72 year old grandfather...so I don't exactly know anything about the center lane and its correlation with merging. ;)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I believe you aren't supposed to turn into the center lane here, either. Or at least not cruise in it. :-k
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Alright, I downloaded the CA handbook because I was curious. ;) We can drive for no more than 200 feet in the center lane when using it for turning left or merging into traffic from a left turn. But it does say specifically that we should use it:
California Driver Handbook 2009 wrote:When turning left from a side street or driveway, signal and wait until it is safe. Then you may drive into the center left turn lane. Enter traffic only when it is safe.
You may drive across a center left turn lane.
I think maybe due to the many multi-lane streets here, this is an option. Waiting for traffic on both sides to be clear before turning might take hours! ](*,)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Hmm...my dad was saying the same thing. I think I'll have to see if I can find a copy of a Maryland driver's manual. 'Cause now I'm not sure.

I'm up in NY with my parents this week, and I'm going to look at a car this afternoon. We'll see...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

GUESS WHAT!?

I got into a wreck sunday morning.

Nuff said.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Somebody hit me and left the scene (After I pulled over expecting her to do the same). When I saw she kept going I followed her and memorized her license plate number. Grr.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

These both recent? Hope it all works out for you, EUCC.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Mine was a few weeks ago. Fortunately it doesn't look like she really damaged it. More shot my blood pressure up (I was on the way to a pre-natal appointment) so the nurse said, "You don't have a history of high blood pressure...hmm...." Now I have the police non-emergency number in my cell phone.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I still hope she gets caught for that. Leaving after hitting someone is so stupid. She likely wouldn't have gotten into much trouble if she'd stopped.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Leaving the scene of any collision is a crime...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: