What are you thinking about...

right this very instant!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Wikipedia is amazing. I was discussing it last night here and elsewhere, and it just keeps popping up! Someone told me about the "Department of Fun" on Wikipedia. I found a page titled "You know you've been on Wikipedia way too often when you..." which was hilarious!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Jugglah wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Anna><> wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:
Anna><> wrote:Oh, there's a spelling mistake in my book. It says metres instead of meters. Haha.
Where was the book published? The British (and therefore Continental English) spelling is metre, is it not?
The book wasn't exactly published. It was written by teachers at my school I think. Maybe it is right. I live in Canada, and my computer might have an American spell check. It could be right. metre is wrong on my computer and meter is right... I looked and it says metre most of the time in here. You may very well be right.
There are some words that have more than one correct spelling, but spell check is often set to an American standard that still lists the more British or Canadian version as incorrect. :x For example, when I use Firefox it spell checks everything I post and it always underlines my Canadian spellings like favourite and theatre instead of favorite and theater. Metre/meter is just one more word where those of us who are right are discriminated against. ;)
I didn't know "theatre" was a Canadian thing. I spell it that way most of the time because it looks cooler and more refined. Plus, that's how it's spelled with Focus on the Family Radio Theatre, so what more reason would I need, right?
I spell it "theatre" also, for the same reasons. I like some of the other British/Canadian spellings too, but that's the only one that's second nature to me.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

A "theater" is a place where you see a show. "Theatre" is for a group that performs, or the discipline itself. At least that's the way I've always used the two words.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

My dad woke me up with his stupid running on the tread mill...
I do what I do.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Wow... I didn't know I had that many posts... Hmmm... :-k

Oh, I forgot to change my avatar, didn't I? I should do that sometime. :yes:

I love the fact that I can get internet up in my bedroom now. \:D/

The Yearling is such a boring book. >_<
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Herm. I need better time managing skills. \:D/

*dances around the room* I get to meet the Grouch is a few weeeekksss. Aren't I special. O:)

How do you miss a train? It can't be that hard to get on, even when it starts moving, right? Or does that only happen in the movies? :-k

Oy vey. I'm so sleepy. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

What an interesting book. I wonder how it will end...
I do what I do.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am so very tired. I can't even read my book. My little tumble on the ice this morning was quite funny. Nothing you can do in that instance but laugh.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I sure hope tomorrow is fun...
I do what I do.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

What happens tomorrow, may I inquire?

The teen activity was so much fun! So much fun, but a ton of running.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I'm going to Winter Jam! Too bad I don't know many of the bands...
I do what I do.
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

My sister and her boyfriend came today for a surprise visit! \:D/ That was awesome! We ended up spending most of the time at IKEA though, and unfortunately that combined with my cousin's crankiness made their short visit even shorter in terms of quality time...

edit: I'm such a dork. :p I go to climb into bed and notice the sheets are missing...it takes me at least a second or two to realize they're still in the dryer from when we washed them in case my sister and boyfriend decided to spend the night. :roll:
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I feel like I'm hitting my head up against a brick wall. How hard would it be to answer a few simple questions? growl.

Yay for stary nights! \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

How big?

I can't believe it... I don't have the dumb guts to see that movie... and I
WANT season 1? Oh boy... then again, do you know what I was thinking the whole time during "Defiance"? Yeah, he's dead... in speaking of terms, of course. Interesting movie too... I totally thought of LJ and Linc during that one part... I mean, come on... hilarious... :) Good movie... I'm totally mixing TV and movie.. NICE!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

My left arm is stiff, which is annoying because it's making it hard for me to study for my final exam. Even though I'm right-handed it's still making it hard to write my notes so I can study just because it's so stiff, sore, and weird. It's annoying. What if I'm having a heart attack... actually I doubt that's what is happening because it's like the part under my elbow on the inside of my arm. I still have trouble distinguishing between my elbow and shoulder. Well I don't like my arm feeling stiff, but I need to study, and I can't study because my arm feels stiff... ugh, what a problem I have. My final exam is tomorrow.
love.like.rain
Found

Post by love.like.rain »

I am thinking about whether or not to buy a feathered headband! :D I saw one online at forever21.com and it was really cute!
"Love like rain fall down, love like arms surround. Hold the universe in place, hold my heart in your embrace." -Daniel Doss Band, Love Like Rain

In memory of B. Blackwell. You are loved and missed.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm thinking that I really like love.like.rain's avatar! \:D/ That's fantastic!

Also, watching the NHL All-Star game is reminding me that I should watch hockey more often...I've missed it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Yesterday I wanted a break from the cleaning. Today I have the break but I did not know what to do with myself all day. I could not concentrate on anything. That is so weird. I hate myself when I'm like that. I have to call the Culligan man tomorrow. I wish he could/would tell me what is going on. It's getting very old. I think I turned my brand new flannel sheets orange, which really stinks. You'd think I would know better.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I wonder why I keep sniffling every few seconds...

I also wonder what is for supper...
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

KODY 105 wrote:I wonder why I keep sniffling every few seconds...
I believe they call those "colds," dear. ;)

Everyone scream and shout! Today has totally recharged my battery. It's too bad I missed all of worship *and* the service. But heyyy. Little kids need teaching, too, right? :-

My thumb is black-ish purple. Nooo, I did not hit it with a hammer. I got marker smeared all over it. *looks pointedly at her little brother*

*dances around* He remembered my nameee. ... okay, that sounded wrong. The important part is not *who* remembered it. Just that someone remembered it, *period*. Yes. There we go. Much better. Onward! \:D/

My brain is going too fast. I need to slow down and read, or something. Yes. Good.

I still can't believe I was so close to winning in Risk... I generally fail when it comes to that game. :-s
don't forget the rain.