Remembering seven years ago...

May we NEVER forget.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Remembering seven years ago...

Post by Arwen »

Seven years ago was a day that changed my life. I still remember clearly...

...I remember waking up in the morning, a day like any other.

...I remember starting the school day, having no idea that by the end my country and my world would have been shaken to the core.

...I remember hearing the confusion in my dad's voice when our friend called.

...I remember my father turning on the TV, and turning around in my chair to see...

...I remember not being able to tear my eyes away.

...I remember knowing, right away, what I was seeing, but still letting out a little gasp and asking, "Is that...?"

...I will NEVER forget the site of the first tower crumbling, plummeting straight down, smoke and rubble billowing out the sides.

...I will NEVER forget the site on the ground of people running away in terror, screaming and crying as the city behind them was engulfed in smoke and flame.

...I remember seeing people fleeing the Pentagon...

...I remember the site of the plane crash in Pennsylvania.

...I remember the brave men and women who chose not to let their lives end in vain, and so through the losing of their own, saved many others.

...I remember tears and heartache, and I remember revival, patriotism, and strength.

...I will NEVER forget.

I remember...do you?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Mm.

I hope none of us have covered over that day with shallow sentiment... what happened was a tragedy, an outrage, but today we should remember, and that's all.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Seven Years? Whoa....seems like yesterdy.

-I remember I was doing schoolwork when my Aunt called

-I remember that I had never heard of the World Trade Center, after that day I would never forget.

-I remember all the faces of the people and police man running around.

- I remember the walls of smoke

- I remember, that that was the hardest I've ever prayed in my life

- I remember all the flags on the street that next day

- I remember how we all banded together

- I remember that it was dead quiet in the skys that day. The usual airplanes gone.

- I remember hearing about flight 93

- I remember all the stunned faces

- I remeber the name of a terrorist I had never heard of.

- I remember the beams of light shooting into the sky.

...........I remember
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

.....not to distract from the topic... but it has dawned on me that a good number of people on the board were like... children when these events occured. :anxious: That makes me feel old. :anxious:

Anyway I was 19 and a couple weeks from starting college when it happened... I was watching Fox and Friends on Fox News and they started saying a plane hit one of the WTC buildings, but at the time they didn't realize it was a commercial airline so I just thought "some dumb pilot of a little prop plane hit the building" and figured it wasn't that big of a deal. But soon they showed footage of it and it looked more serious than that.

But of course as we all know, as they were talking about it and showing a live feed, another plane slammed into the other building. Up to that point I think they mentioned it could be terrorism but they thought it could have just been an accident. So yeah obviously not at that point.

Plus I recall there was all sorts of FALSE info coming out that day about other random planes and a missile hitting the Pentagon, etc, which took a while to be all sorted out.

Oh and I remember eating cookies I bought at the dollar store while I watched tv.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

TC wrote:.....not to distract from the topic... but it has dawned on me that a good number of people on the board were like... children when these events occured. :anxious: That makes me feel old. :anxious:
Me too.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I remember I was at my kitchen table reviewing Spelling words with my mother. We got a phone call from our neighbor to watch the news. My school day ended a whole lot later on that infamous day. The news was speculating that it was merely an accident :mad2: When the second plane hit, we knew it was no accident.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I was at the car repair place, in the waiting room. I always thought it was so boring to have to sit there and watch the new on the tiny tv, but I'm pretty sure I'll never think that again. It doesn't really feel like that long ago...I guess because we all really do remember every detail of that day. May we never forget.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

To be honest, I think that's the pinpoint date on which I measure time for myself. Up until that point I don't remember much except that time seemed to move by pretty slowly for me (I was only 11, after all). But since then, time has moved much faster. Seven years? It feels like two.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I was quite young at that point in time (9), but I still remember that day quite well.

-I remember starting school for that day
-I remember my mom getting a call from one of her good friends
-I remember the shocked look on my mom's face as she rushed to turn on the TV
-I remember traipsing to the TV as well with my math book in hand (yes, I was the perfect student O:) )
-I remember seeing the plane hit the first WTC... and them replaying the video... over... and over... and over...
-I remember seeing the scared looks on people's faces
-I remember doing math while watching (and doodling pictures of the world trade centers on my paper while trying to pay attention :anxious: )
-I remember the second plane crashing into the second WTC
-I remember all the smoke and debris crashing to the streets
-I remember the crying onlookers
-I remember the sad stories of those who had lost loved ones
-I remember the prayers that were said, and the lives that were changed
-I remember hearing about the person who tried to stop the terrorist, but later died in the crash
-I remember hearing that the pentagon was hit
-I remember hearing about the crash in Pennsylvania
-I remember the distressed looks
-I remember the firefighters digging people out of the rubble
-I remember the two beams of light...

I remember it as if it were just a year ago...
Perron
Tallying up

Post by Perron »

I remember when my Aunt called and told us to turn on our TV. So we did and we saw what was happening. It was really shocking. :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This is one of the saddest days in the history of the United States of America. I love and am proud of America. I pray that it will never happen again. My prayers to those whose families and friends were lost. I remember that awful day, doing school and getting a call from my dad at work. I remember watching the news for the next few days. I remember not really understanding what was happening that day, being only 7. How that's changed. It seems evident that my signature and username are more appropriate than ever... God Bless America!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I have a unsually vivid memory of my childhood, yet this day I never forgot.

Mommy was reading us the Bible to me and my sister Rachel. My Daddy came home from work early, telling us someone was blowing up buildings or somthing like that.

I found out in a little bit, that someone was attacking our country and hijacking planes and going through historic buildings and killing countless people.

Our TV was broken, so we turned on the radio, as I listened, I drew a picture of what was going on, the firemen, the towers on fire, the smoke, the planes, etc.

My Mom's family all live in the Washington D.C, New York, Boston area. They all called and said they were coming down South to get away.

My Mom made us get in the basement and duck our heads while she prayed. I curled up in a ball and cried, unsure of whether we were all going to die or not.

Days later, our TV came and I watched in horror as
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

OTR, I think you hit the word limit. Would you please post again and finish what you were saying?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

KODY 105 Cryin Brian Dern wrote:OTR, I think you hit the word limit. Would you please post again and finish what you were saying?
Haha, sorry, I had to go.

Anyways, days later, we got the TV, we watched in horror as people leaped from the towers to escape the fire and people hung their clothes to signal they were there and needed help. All I could do is cry.

But you know. It's are fault the towers fell. I'll explain why later, but my Mom is calling me again.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Nah I'd prefer to say it was the fault of islamic terrorists myself.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I'm with you there.

I watched United 93 today. I wanted to find the actual Flight 93 movie, but I couldn't. This one was good, though. Showed everything from the air control towers and from 93.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Arwen wrote:I'm with you there.

I watched United 93 today. I wanted to find the actual Flight 93 movie, but I couldn't. This one was good, though. Showed everything from the air control towers and from 93.
I watched that movie and literally cried over it. It one of the most emotional movies, especially because it's true, that I've ever seen.
EDIT: Clarify, I saw United 93, not Flight 93.
Last edited by American Eagle on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jennie
insert dash here

Post by Jennie »

My mom was in labor when it happened......
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

American Eagle wrote:
Arwen wrote:I'm with you there.

I watched that movie and literally cried over it. It one of the most emotional movies, especially because it's true, that I've ever seen.
I still haven't seen Flight 93. United 93 was amazing though. I saw World Trade Center with Nick Cage and honestly wasn't impressed. But United 93 was just incredible. I think it's cool that they used a lot of the actual air control people and stuff instead of actors.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

OverTheRainbow wrote:But you know. It's are fault the towers fell. I'll explain why later,
I can think of two reasons someone would say that, and I disagree with both of them, and can defend my position.

Armed and ready, proceed at your own risk ;)

edit--Now that I read what I just wrote, I realize I sound kinda argumentative. Which wasn't my intent, and is probably because I've been posting a lot in CCDS the last few days ;)