Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter killed in car accident

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I can't even imagine how sad that is. Losing a daughter. That makes Chapman's song, Cinderella, all the more sad when you think about it.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Arandil
Just visiting

Post by Arandil »

I can't imagine how the brother is feeling. The entire family, especially him, have my prayers.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I can't imagine how terrible I'd feel if I accidentally ran over my sister with my car. I'm definitely praying for them. :pray:

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I heard about that. I'm so sorry for his family. :sad: I heard them talking about it for the first time on Larry King Live.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

This was posted in the SCC fan forum:
I just wanted to spread the word that Steven Curtis Chapman will be performing 'Cinderella' live on the CBS Early Show this Wednesday.
I think "Cinderella" was one of the songs he rewrote after the death of his daughter.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Thursday Next wrote:This was posted in the SCC fan forum:
I just wanted to spread the word that Steven Curtis Chapman will be performing 'Cinderella' live on the CBS Early Show this Wednesday.
I think "Cinderella" was one of the songs he rewrote after the death of his daughter.
Hmm.. rewrote? He rewrote "Yours" for the radio... I haven't heard anything about rewriting Cinderella.... though, he did make a special CD about This Moment, the Cinderella Edition. It has like... 3 versions of Cinderella and is all pretty and pink... he rewrote it though? That is totally new... So, this Wednesday? I'll have to catch it on youtube come Thursday.. I have school...
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Perhaps re wrote was a poor choice of words slightly re worked is a better choice. My friend on facebook posted this underneath a video: "After the death of his daughter, Maria, and with the pending wedding of his oldest, Emily, Steven Curtis Chapman has changed some of the lyrics to his beautiful song "Cinderella"
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

All he changed was the last line:

"All too soon the clock will strike midnight, but...the truth is: the dance will go on."

The new verse of Yours is in my signature. It's actually a picture of the actual words Steven himself wrote down.

EDIT:

Also, The Cinderella Edition of This Moment was already set to be released before the accident happened. The only two versions of the song Cinderella that are on there are the original and the accoustic, which are both also on This Moment [Special Edition].
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless