Who's Excited about American Idol???

Just wait till January.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Who's Excited about American Idol???

Post by GlennAdams »

Oh man. I'm pretty excited about this year's season of American Idol. It should be another great year. Last year was the first time that I watched the show, week by week. I loved it. So, I'm definately looking forward to see what Simon, Paula, and Randy have to bring us this year for our AMERICAN IDOL!
I do what I do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Last season was the first time that I watched regularly too, and it was fun, but I don't know if I'll have the time or desire to be so dedicated this season. We'll see, I guess!
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

oKay, i'm not a HUGE fan of American Idol, but i do sort of like it. just not all the put-downs and such... so, yeah, i'm excited about it! But...still , i dont think it's very fair to give recording contracts to people who didn't even win the competition. it just seems cheap. :noway:
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Yeah, I agree that Simon can get rather cruel with his statements. However, these people should realize by now, that if they want to compete on the show, they need to realize that they are subject to some embarassment. But, the show also gets exciting when its down to the top 5 and you are starting to wonder who is going to be eliminated each week...

On behalf of the other contestants receiving contracts. I think that it is a great idea for the show. I mean, I for one, am going to want to see what my other favorite singers have to offer. Plus, the True American Idol does have an upper edge because (obviously) they won the competition.
I do what I do.
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

I enjoy watching the auditions. I think it can be funny. And yes, Simon can be pretty picky, but it's better than paula who loves everyone and thinks everyone is wonderful and talented. My only problem with AI is that they get rid of some good singers and keep terrible ones.SOmetimes it doesn't seem like it's based on talent. BUt..that's just my opinion for what it's worth.

Originality is the art of concealing your sources.
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

I can't wait for the auditions. they are hilarioussssss
After that, I guess I'll keep watching, but sometimes I get bored with it halfway through the season
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

ever since Kevin Covais and Will Makar were voted off, I dont watch AI anymore... :noway: But they did one thing good, Michael Buble was on one time and that was AWESOME! yes I know that kevin and will were from 2 seasons back but i was heart broken and vowed never to watch it again, even though I was an immature 14 year old. But i might watch and see the beginnins and watch the funny peeps that cant sing.... we'll see
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

When does the season start? (or when did it start?) :anxious:
*returns*
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

January 15th... my birthday. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

yep... one more day. i have to record it cus i cant watch it live because i will be busyy. : (
I do what I do.
Disco Ninja Monkey
Gold Member

Post by Disco Ninja Monkey »

The auditions are the only thing that interest me. I love the people that obviously join just to get attention. xP
Every time is hammer time.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I've never seen it before so I'm not excited
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Half an hour! \:D/ Yay for living on the east coast! :D
*returns*
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Simon can be so mean! :evil:
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Simon is nicer this season. It has been usual, lots of bad, good, emotion. Tonight is the last night of auditions . I like the girl who said she is waiting for marriage for sex, Amy Flynn. Some people like very good.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Simon has been surprisingly nice this year. After seeing all the auditions, I do like that one girl. But, I really like Josh?? who has to live in his car at 18. I like the British accent from a kid in Tennessee. So many... interesting... singers. I also like that kid with the voice paralysis. It was a great version of John Mayer too. Yeah, I'm excited to see how audition week goes. soo... yeah, next week.
I do what I do.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Yeah...I want that girl that sang "amazing grace", that horseback rides, and lives in Oregon to win! That guy that wrote a song and dedicated it to Simon called "no sex allowed" was pretty funny
Disco Ninja Monkey
Gold Member

Post by Disco Ninja Monkey »

ILoveRichardMaxwell wrote:That guy that wrote a song and dedicated it to Simon called "no sex allowed" was pretty funny
I'm pretty sure he said he was advertising a song by an unknown band, to give it some notice. Not that it actually helped, probably.
Also, I never got to see that weird Asian guy dressed like a pimp or something. Was he funny at all?
Every time is hammer time.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

yeah, that asian guy was really funny. Not a bad song, according to simon, he could actually see his original song hit the charts even tho the voice was.... ok?? haha. it was funny seeing paula, ryan, and randy getting up and singing with him. then, of course, simon had to be... mr. cool. yeah, that was a good one.
I do what I do.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

ILoveRichardMaxwell wrote:Yeah...I want that girl that sang "amazing grace", that horseback rides, and lives in Oregon to win! That guy that wrote a song and dedicated it to Simon called "no sex allowed" was pretty funny
Oregon? Did I miss this audition? I knew there was my dad's doctor (don't ask), and some other people, but interesting... Gotta love OREGON!

Haven't they gotten to Hollywood? I'mnot too up-to-date. I just want to see who can make it through to, like, the finally 10, or something like that. Hope they find someone like Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood. I', not much for... Jordan Sparks. She's.... interesting. I think Blake Lewis should have won last time. He already has a CD out. I believe Jordan does not...