Snow!

It's about that time of year again...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Do you like snow?

For the most part. It gets tiring, though...
28%
Yeah, I love it.
52%
I don't care either way.
4%
No snow around here....
6%
No! Snow is evil! >_<
10%

Total votes: 50

JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

We are supposed to get snow on Thanksgiving! It was around 60 degrees for a high yesterday, its supposed to be around 70 for a high today, and then drop back down to 40 for a high tomorrow!
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Its supposed to start getting really cold here too!
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

The lowest highs we've been getting are in the high 50's. :( But, I suppose that's nothing new around here.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I like snow, but only until the Holidays are over. After that, I'm ready for warm weather!

It snowed a little bit here, last week. But, it didn't collect.
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

*sigh* It's supposed to snow here tomorrow afternoon... a few hours after I leave to go home. :p I'm going to miss the first snowfall of the season by a few hours! (Unless we hit it driving...we are traveling northwest.... I just hope the friend that's driving us partway doesn't hit it on her way driving back....)
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Yahooooo!! It is snowing here!! *does happy snow dance* I am SO excited!!!

\:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I wish it would snow here. :sad:
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Yay for Christina! \:D/ ......send me some, will you? :tongue2:
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

We got our first flakes yesterday! When we were walking back to school from chapel, it started snowing! It snowed for about an hour, then turned to slush, and then just rain. :( Snow is so pretty!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I saw snow when we traveled through PA yesterday. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I woke up to snow yesterday morning. But since it hadn't gotten cold yet, the snow was quite wet. :( However, today, we got light and fluffy snow!
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I just talked to my mom on the phone a few hours ago and she said it snowed back home in Massachusetts... thank goodness I'm here in Virginia where it hasn't snowed yet.

Of course, I can't speak for hill-dwellers such as Laura Ingalls since I don't keep up on statewide weather patterns :D .

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

Well where I am, it probably won't snow at all, though locals tell me that every ten years it snows here and that next winter will be ten years since the last snow. But at least it's started to cool off a little bit. Instead of highs in the 80s, we're having highs in the 60s and lows in the 30s. Right now it's about 40 outside. So it's just now getting cool enough for me to wear a sweatshirt when I'm out in the early mornings and late evenings. In between those times it's still waaaaaay too warm to be the end of November.

And back home, it's in the 50s for the high now which is a little warmer than normal. But by the beginning of Dec they should have a little snow and highs in the 30s.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

We had a white Thanksgiving at home (not fun driving through on the way home, let me tell ya). And it just started coming down hard now up at school too \:D/

Update:

This is the third day in a row it snowed, and when I woke up yesterday it was -10F \:D/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I barely have to wear a light sweater, since it's still in the high 70s here. It's cooling off over the weekend and we might get rain which means we might get snow in the mountains just north! I hope so... they really didn't get any last year. :(
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I got all of your snow, Darcie! ;) This morning I looked out the window and I could tell that it had snowed, but when I got outside I realized just how much it had! It wasn't blizzard-like or enough to close anything down, but it sure made brushing off my car and walking a few minutes outside down an unshoveled sidewalk less than fun. At least it wasn't super cold today. The other day it was -24C when I got outside, and around -32C with the windchill. That's a little too chilly if you have to go outside!

Okay, I just used a Celsius to Fahrenheit convertor, and my temperatures were pretty much the same as Jonathan's. I'm just apparently less thrilled about it. ;)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Would you Canadians mind sending me some snow? :dance:
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Sure! As long as you don't mind the freezing cold temperature that comes with it. ;)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Well, we have our rain today! But the mountain's not quite cold enough to get snow except for at the very top. :(
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

H Tide wrote:Sure! As long as you don't mind the freezing cold temperature that comes with it. ;)
Oh, I wouldn't mind cold temps either! :noway: