By His Wounds

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

By His Wounds

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I named it this for a reason, but it might getinto something bigger. Has this ever happened to you, when you might be watching or listening to something and something comes up about anything and it strikes you as something you might have a relation to?
Okay, that was horrible explination. I should maybe tell my story, and then see if you get it.
I'm watching Numb3rs. Yeah, something to do for once. And Isaiah 50 comes up, for the characters are talking about it. And I forget what Bible verses exactly, but they say, "He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our sins, the punishment that brought us piece was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed," something like that, and I believe it is just one Bible verse.
But the moment I saw that, the song "By His Wounds" by Brian Littrell, Mac Powell, Mark Hall, and Steven Curtis Chapman (only a few from "Glory Revealed) came to my mind.
Ever heard the song? It is based on that Bible verse in Isaiah 50, and it is a really good song.

But has that ever happened to you? Not exactly the same thing that happened to me, but similiar? I think I've even had that happen multiple times. What about you?
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

You mean to have a song pop into your head when you hear or see something. I'd like to think that happens to everyone. And, yes, I love that song.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Interesting that they were talking about a Bible passage on the show...what was the context?

I also have that CD and I love it. I like stumbling over the verses in the Bible and having them already memorized because of the music!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

S E E R wrote:Interesting that they were talking about a Bible passage on the show...what was the context?
There was this guy who was hunting down people with the names of disciples and well killing them the way they're namesakes were. Verses were left at the crime scene.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Thursday Next wrote:
S E E R wrote:Interesting that they were talking about a Bible passage on the show...what was the context?
There was this guy who was hunting down people with the names of disciples and well killing them the way they're namesakes were. Verses were left at the crime scene.
As that person said. And my sister saw that episode too and didn't notice that...
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

That happens to me all the time (songs popping into my head randomly).

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

movieman85 wrote:That happens to me all the time (songs popping into my head randomly).
Me too. I always have random songs popping into my head because someone says something that for some reason reminds me of a song.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."