Favorite Movies From the 1980's

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The Top Crusader wrote:Dude I totally forgot about Robocop, that is indeed a classic! \:D/
I only remember the TV show . . .
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

The Top Crusader wrote:Dude I totally forgot about Robocop, that is indeed a classic! \:D/
There was a miniseries on The History Channel that I watched called "Engineering An Empire" and it was hosted by none other than Peter Weller (a.k.a Robocop). He also played Christopher Henderson, one of the main bad guys in season 5 of "24".

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I also forgot one of my all time favorite movies, that Ryan mentioned... Die Hard! \:D/ I'm not sure how I forgot that... I love that movie dearly.
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

superman movies were great.the batman movies were great to.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

The Top Crusader wrote:I also forgot one of my all time favorite movies, that Ryan mentioned... Die Hard! \:D/ I'm not sure how I forgot that... I love that movie dearly.
Simply a classic. Die Hard FTW!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

How could I forget about Field of Dreams :shock:
Add that to my favorite's list...
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:If I remeber correctly, Back to the Future had the most curse words in a movie I have ever seen.
Well sorta... Darcie is right in that it really isn't as bad as a lot of movies out there however... I remember when I first watched it, my mom let my brother and I see it when we were 14 and 12 (or around that time). She kept on saying, "my goodness, I didn't remember all this language".

For sheltered kids (like we were :D), Back to the Future is pretty heavy on the language, however it's "mild" by today's standards...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

The Empire Strikes Back (1980, so it is an eighties movie), Wrath of Khan (that's the eighties, right?), the Princess Bride, and Return of the Jedi are my favorites from that decade. \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Darcie wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Back to the Future! \:D/

The 1980's had a lot of great movies... but Back to the Future is one of my favorites of all time... so that gets top billing, IMO. \:D/
If I remeber correctly, Back to the Future had the most curse words in a movie I have ever seen.
I take it you missed Pulp Fiction and any other Quentin Tarantino movies then? ;) Here's imdb's recap of Back to the Future's profanity: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/parentalguide
Mild to moderate. The word "s---" is used often due to standards at the time of the films release. Jesus' name is abused a good number of times.
I have seen Star Trek movies which do have a good number of profanities, but not as many as Back to the Future with alot of "son of a b----"
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Back to the Future pushed the line for a PG rating but it really isn't too bad, content wise. It is the greatest movie of all time, afterall. :noway:
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Sure it is a great movie, but language, surprised it got a PG.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

The Top Crusader wrote:Back to the Future pushed the line for a PG rating but it really isn't too bad, content wise. It is the greatest movie of all time, afterall. :noway:
Haha except for the part where his mom tries to make out with him. Of course, for those of you who haven't seen the movie, he went back to the 1950's when she was his age so in her defense she didn't know that was her future son.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com