Cooking!

Discuss.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I enjoy apple pie as well, tis the only pie I eat nowadays. ^_^

I can't cook, unless boiling water and Ramen Noodles Count. :(
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I love to cook. I did try an apple pie and it didn't turn out so well, but then it was my first. Now with Christmas and Thanksgiving we're going to be doing a whole lot of baking. I love making truffles. At my place of employment I have been threatened on numerous occasions that I'm going to be handcuffed to the store because of my chocolate chip cookies.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Actually, that was my first pie.

I've also baked cakes before too.

What I love cooking for Thanksgiving are mashed potatoes, I just love making them, and I also love taste testing. :-
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Angel wrote:What I love cooking for Thanksgiving are mashed potatoes, I just love making them, and I also love taste testing. :-
'Course. That's the best part... \:D/

I made two apple pies while we were visiting my aunt in Texas. She and I cooked the apples before baking, and we got soooo many apples in those pies. Scrumptious! \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I fully support cooking so long as someone else is doing it. ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Septimius Severus wrote:I fully support cooking so long as someone else is doing it. ;)
I suddenly remember why I like you so much - you have a lot of wisdom! ;) I have to agree with those sentiments. I'm not very ambitious when it comes to cooking.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I'm not much of a cook either. But I did make some yummy banana bread the other day with the help of my trusty, red plaid Better Homes & Gardens cookbook! \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

My mom has taught me over the years, one of the first things I learned to cook was grilled cheese, and then hamburger meat, hamburger helper, etc. :)

what can I say, I love to cook.
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Darcie wrote:I'm not much of a cook either. But I did make some yummy banana bread the other day with the help of my trusty, red plaid Better Homes & Gardens cookbook! \:D/
Yay for red plaid Better Homes & Gardens cookbooks. \:D/

I think I used one of 'em for making pretzels a while ago. The salt I used was too course, and it was a bit salty, but other than that, they were pretty good. :anxious:
don't forget the rain.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Lucy wrote:
Darcie wrote:I'm not much of a cook either. But I did make some yummy banana bread the other day with the help of my trusty, red plaid Better Homes & Gardens cookbook! \:D/

I think I used one of 'em for making pretzels a while ago. The salt I used was too course, and it was a bit salty, but other than that, they were pretty good. :anxious:

We have one of those! :D ...but I've never cooked anything out of it.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

v-lady93 wrote:
Lucy wrote:

We have one of those! :D ...but I've never cooked anything out of it.
I have no clue what kind of cookbooks we have, we have tons, and I mean tons of them. My mom is a cookbook fanatic.
:D
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

We have many cook books but lots of the recipes we use are the one my mom has written.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Catspaw wrote:
Septimius Severus wrote:I fully support cooking so long as someone else is doing it. ;)
I suddenly remember why I like you so much - you have a lot of wisdom! ;) I have to agree with those sentiments. I'm not very ambitious when it comes to cooking.
It may be reassuring to know that I am currently on the "Ask Mr. Breakfast" website, reading a particularly illuminating article entitled "How do I poach an egg?"

This is how I get through mealtime. ;)
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

If you want something that's really tasty and have the time to make it. Cheesy bread is really good. What I do is make the bread dough normally, but before you shape it to put it in the oven you roll it out and put cheese in the middle. It's really good.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Hmmm. that does sound good! I'll have to try it sometime.
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

I'm a good cook, but almost never get a chance to cook stuff. My church family is convinced that I'm a starving college student so people from church are constantly bringing food by my apartment that they just happened to have "some extra". Oh well, with the price of books and tuition I'm not going to complain about getting free food \:D/
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I don't refuse free food! =P~ 'Specially not something thats mainly sugar... :anxious:
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Arwen Undomiel wrote:I don't refuse free food! =P~ 'Specially not something thats mainly sugar... :anxious:
Amen to that! :D
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I cook Penut Butter Cokkies and Spaggeti bOLOGNASE AND CAN Also do Rice and pastsa
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

v-lady93 wrote:
Arwen Undomiel wrote:I don't refuse free food! =P~ 'Specially not something thats mainly sugar... :anxious:
Amen to that! :D
Double amen!

I am gonna look up a recipe for a cake from scratch to make today. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out cuz I have never made one from scratch before, just box cake mixes. :)