Braces

do you have them?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Have you been cursed?

Yes! What did i do to deserve such punishment?
37%
Nope, I am blessed and have naturally perfect teeth ^_^
26%
Had them, and somehow endured
37%

Total votes: 27

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I had them a long time ago and hated every minute. I sympathize with those who have them.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Joyful Smirker wrote:
Kat wrote:I might be the only one on earth who absolutely LOVES her braces!! I couldn't wait to get them on and now that I have them, I love them! And the only reason I'm okay with them taking them off later, is that I get to wear a retainer! \:D/
LOL. I like my braces! :yes:
You two are nuts!!! I'm with Birdie, braces are awful!! I hate them :mecry: Yesterday at the fair a wire around my tooth came off while I was eating a corn dog so now I have to go and get that fixed. :noway: not fun.

I envy you Christina, you get yours off in three days (congrats by the way) but I probably won't get mine off for another month or so, maybe even longer. ](*,) NO FAIR! :mad: I can't wait to eat with out having to be in pain! :yum:

-Abigail
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Abigail wrote:
Joyful Smirker wrote:
Kat wrote:I might be the only one on earth who absolutely LOVES her braces!! I couldn't wait to get them on and now that I have them, I love them! And the only reason I'm okay with them taking them off later, is that I get to wear a retainer! \:D/
You two are nuts!!! I'm with Birdie, braces are awful!! I hate them :mecry: Yesterday at the fair a wire around my tooth came off while I was eating a corn dog so now I have to go and get that fixed. :noway: not fun.

I envy you Christina, you get yours off in three days (congrats by the way) but I probably won't get mine off for another month or so, maybe even longer. ](*,) NO FAIR! :mad: I can't wait to eat with out having to be in pain! :yum:

-Abigail
Braces aren't painful when you eat. Only right after you get back from the ortho... Well, if you don't have a good orthodontist then your teeth might hurt for days on end. My orthodontist ROCKS! \:D/ I love my braces... *smirks*
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I had several different orthodontist during my two-year span of torture. They were all terrible. And just when I was getting over the pain of my last "tightening", I had to go in for another.

I had surgery done on my mouth just before having braces put in. The doctor *did not* wait long enough. My mouth was still incredibly sore (and the way he ripped out those stitches... I could have strangled that man...).

My older brother and I had our braces put in at the same time. Thankfully, I didn't have 4 teeth pulled before hand (though I suppose the surgery made up for that). He ended up having his in for almost three years, because he went off to college in the US and couldn't/wouldn't find an orthodontist to deal with his teeth.

I, on the other hand, got mine off sooner. But when they actually got taken off, I had bits of glue stuck on my teeth (sick, sick, sick, in case you were wondering...). The guy was supposedly going to clean my teeth afterwards, but then changed his mind for some reason that still evades me. Fortunately, over the years the glue has come off, and I now have great teeth. \:D/

Braces aren't nice. :shame:
don't forget the rain.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Fortunately, I have perfect teeth. \:D/

Unfortunately, I have a very imperfect jawbone, and my dentist only discovered it recently. So I'm almost 19, and I'm just now getting braces and an expander. :(

It shouldn't be too bad... :)
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Dakota Bud
I've been here a bit

Post by Dakota Bud »

Not yet but I will :doubt:
GO MARINES
OOH RAH

I'm a Private Detective in the Town of Odyssey
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

I don't have them yet but I have to get them soon. =|
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

jcloverofmysoul wrote:I don't have them yet but I have to get them soon. =|
Trust me, you'll hate every second of it.
Just some helpful insights from Birdie ^_^

;)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Bertha Olivia wrote:
jcloverofmysoul wrote:I don't have them yet but I have to get them soon. =|
Trust me, you'll hate every second of it.
Just some helpful insights from Birdie ^_^

;)
:noway: Braces ROCK!!! (the pain doesn't, but the braces do) *smirks*
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

this thread reminds me that I have to go to the orthodontist this Friday. :( .....ouch.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Ow, that does not sound fun, believe me I know! ;)
Good luck!!
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Hope
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

I have never and will never have them. Both of my brothers had them though... haha stinkers... im the lucky one...
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Hope wrote:I have never and will never have them. Both of my brothers had them though... haha stinkers... im the lucky one...

shut up.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Joyful Smirker wrote:
Abigail wrote:
Joyful Smirker wrote:

-Abigail
Braces aren't painful when you eat. Only right after you get back from the ortho... Well, if you don't have a good orthodontist then your teeth might hurt for days on end. My orthodontist ROCKS! \:D/ I love my braces... *smirks*

Me too! I don't like him after he tightens my wires though. :noway: Then it hurts. Image
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Hope

Post by Hope »

v-lady93 wrote:
Hope wrote:I have never and will never have them. Both of my brothers had them though... haha stinkers... im the lucky one...

shut up.
Well its true... but I will admit something cause I'm pretty sure my brother will tell this before I do... but when I was little and they had braces I do remember saying to my brothers that I did want braces. But now I dont and they had to have them... ha!!!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I think I maybe might have wanted to get them at one time too. .....Maybe a loooong time ago. :displeased:
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

I never ever wanted braces though I knew that I would have them for a few years before I got them.
Whats I have disliked most about having my braces so far was having teeth pulled. You can't eat for the rest of the day after they have been pulled and your mouth feels like it is made of wood for hours, but the worst part is having to tack a dose of horrid chary flavored stuff after every meal :blah: so the holes in you mouth where the teeth used to be wont get infected.
Mel
Smile for the camera

Post by Mel »

Kat wrote:You should add an option that says "Yes, and love 'em!"

Or an option that says "I don't have perfect teeth but don't have braces anyway." ;) That's mine. Though sometimes I kinda don't think I'd mind having them for a little while. :anxious:
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I got braces just over a month ago. So far, it hasn't been too bad, although brushing is a pain. :x But for the most part, I like them. :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

What my darling sister isn't telling you all is that after her two uber-cool older brothers got them, she wanted them to.

And then those two uber-cool older brothers did a fantastic job of convincing her there were lots of reasons to be thankful for not needing them ;)

edit-nevermind, lloks like she did tell you. I only saw the first post.