Have you ever seen a Star Wars film?

Am I in the severe minority?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 46

Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I have never seen a Star Wars film and have thus felt detached from several recent conversations at various social gatherings. I'm curious how many fellow boardies are in the same boat.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I haven't..
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I hadn't seen Star Wars up until I was 12 or 13. :-k

Since then, I've seen them all. :D
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've seen them all, but not in theaters. We like to have the fast forward and mute buttons ready for most movies we watch. :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I've seen them all, save for the one still on the big screen.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I've seen them all except for the new one. I hope to see the new one in the theater... But yes, I understand where you're coming from. I don't think I watched even one until I was 12, 13, or maybe 14...I can't remember.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I was six I think when I saw my first one... :-k
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Star Wars, like it or not, is a huge part of American culture. We have so many references to it! "I've got a bad feeling about this." and stuff like that!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have seen all 6 SW movies - yay! \:D/

I saw my first SW movie in grade 8, but it was entirely in French (I was in French class), except for one line, and I had no idea what was going on, so I don't really count that time.

This winter, around January or February, I got hooked on the original trilogy, and then watched the 2 prequels, and then saw episode 3 on opening day! I like them! :D

I had seen a few minutes of episode 5 in English when my dad was watching it a few years ago, but I was totally uninterested. When I watched the whole movie a few months back, I recognized the scene that I remembered seeing with my dad - with Luke landing on Dagobah and then doing some stuff out in this dreary-looking place. I don't remember seeing Yoda - just Luke. Now, if if had been a scene with Harrison Ford, I might have started liking SW much sooner! :inlove:

SW has infilitrated our culture, hasn't it? I was at a children's ministry conference about a month ago, and one of the sessions I went to had a short appreciation film that one church made for it's children's ministry volunteers. It started out with the SW scrolling words, and at the end, it said, " Maybe the love of God be with you...always" instead of "the force." It was fun, and it worked because almost everyone has some level of familiarity with SW.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I saw the first three in the theaters a long time ago and I own them on DVD. I have not seen the three new ones and I don't plan on seeing them, or buying them on DVD.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Yes, I have definitely seen a Star Wars film.
Laura Ingalls wrote:I've seen them all, but not in theaters. We like to have the fast forward and mute buttons ready for most movies we watch. :D
Fortunately, I believe you hardly ever need either of those while watching Star Wars. The films are very clean, which is another reason why they have been so accepted by American culture. Anybody can watch them.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

David O wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I've seen them all, but not in theaters. We like to have the fast forward and mute buttons ready for most movies we watch. :D
Fortunately, I believe you hardly ever need either of those while watching Star Wars. The films are very clean, which is another reason why they have been so accepted by American culture. Anybody can watch them.
I think she likes the fast forward button so she can skip to her favorite scenes. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

David O wrote:Yes, I have definitely seen a Star Wars film.
Well, for the most part they are clean; there are some swears in the earlier ones but only one almost unintelligible one in II by Dexter Jettster. ROTS, though, has a lot of death, darkness and destruction.

All of that said, I have seen them all on video/DVD and the beginning of III, and I like 'em!
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I have seen all of the star wars movies a guzzillion times!!! I LUV THEM!! you should see them.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hey, Obi Wan Kenobi Girl, glad to have you here! :)

...you like Star Wars?! I never would have thought! ;)
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

The Top Crusader wrote:I was six I think when I saw my first one... :-k
Recorded in your diary, is it?
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

If anyone who has been SW deprived would like to see a small clip of the the very first SW, episode 4, check out these clips!
Star Wars, exactly how I remember it. :inlove:

Dial Up
High Speed connection

P.S. Even old time fans might want to check out THESE clips. ;)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
David O wrote:
I think she likes the fast forward button so she can skip to her favorite scenes. ;)
Ha ha. Actually I usually watch the whole thing. ;) And I do like to mute the couple of curse words that SW has. We know where they are and are ready for them! :noevil:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Star Wars has curse words? The only ones I remember are "darn(yes...I know...but then again, it was 9-yr-old Anakin)" and "blast".
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
David O wrote:
Ha ha. Actually I usually watch the whole thing. ;) And I do like to mute the couple of curse words that SW has. We know where they are and are ready for them! :noevil:
Obi Wan says D* Once, but that's all I recall.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.