ToO Fantasy Hockey League

Join the third annual ToOHL!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

ToO Fantasy Hockey League

Post by Trent DeWhite »

With the upcoming NHL season just around the corner, I figured it was about time to start up the third annual ToOHL fantasy league. Last year was yet another success with twelve participants. In an effort to create maximum interest, there will once be cash prizes handed out at the end of the season... seven months from now! Indeed, this contest is not for the weak. ;) While it is clearly targeted towards NHL fans, everyone is welcome to sign up for the league. All you need is a free yahoo account and then you can sign up at this address:

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/h ... gue_select

The League ID is: 26557
The password is: odyssey

(you will first need to register for your free yahoo account and/or sign in)

First, we will go through the process of drafting players. More details on that will be provided when you join. Then, as the NHL season goes on, teams will be ranked based on various statistical categories from the actual league. Those with the highest points at the end of the season will win bragging rights! In addition, I will be putting up $100,000 of my own ToO money as prize money. Each and every contestant will win a percentage of the pot based upon the position in which they finish.

If you wish to participate, simply send me the entry fee of $2000 and post here. I'll add you to the ToOHL faction as soon as I receive your entry fee. There are only twelve slots available, so join now before they fill up!

Disclaimer: The NHL season (and correspondingly, this fantasy league) lasts for 6 months. To truly do well, you must be actively involved in updating your daily roster lineups. If you wish to sign up, it is recommended that you have at least some interest in the sport. Otherwise, it will make for a very long season. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Sounds good. I can really use that 100 000 but I always forget to put my team in.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

There are only seven slots available, so hurry up and sign up while you can!

I still need entry fees from the following teams:

Lions
The Paw's Army
Danadelfos Avs
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Sent. ;)
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Considering the apparent lack of interest, I've decided to drop the team maximum to 10. O:)
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Can you please remove my Team (Lions)...this wasn't what I thought it was going to be...sorry.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My, my....only 4 teams so far. This is much different from the last couple of years. It's been pretty popular...at the beginning that is. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, if there's any benefit to having fewer team, it's that we'll all have rather talent players on our rosters. ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Very true. That is a big plus... \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

*has joined* \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm looking forward to another fun-filled ToOHL experience! \:D/ The cheque is in the mail! O:)
caniacnumber10
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by caniacnumber10 »

When is the deadline to sign up?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

There is no official deadline to sign up... basically once the drafting starts (Sept. 22nd) or once all 10 slots have been filled up. Currently, six teams are registered and I am anticipating at least one more person to sign up.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I can't wait for the draft.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Yay! Add me to the list!

Everyone should have a happy dance.
InChristAlone93
Just visiting
Location: Playing with a slinky on an escalator. .it just keeps going doesn't it?:D

Post by InChristAlone93 »

I LOVE hockey!!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Pillipians 4:34
"A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger."
Proverbs 15-1