New Ten Commandments movie

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Elrohir
I'm memorable

New Ten Commandments movie

Post by Elrohir »

source: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070824a.php
Garth Franklin wrote:Promenade Pictures will enter U.S. theatrical distribution October 26 by releasing the 3-D CGI-animated feature "The Ten Commandments."

The film is the first in a twelve-picture series billed as "Epic Stories From the Bible," which Promenade is producing with New Zealand-based Huhu Studios and Singapore-based iVL Animation as partners.

Ben Kingsley (narrator), Christian Slater (Moses), Alfred Molina (Ramses) and Elliott Gould (God) all lend their voices to 'Ten'. Promenade will market and distribute all of the films theatrically in the U.S. while retaining worldwide rights. Upcoming films in the franchise will be announced in the coming months.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Those'll be interesting to see. :-k
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Here's the official website.

They've got a trailer on there that's.....well...

Well, for starters: EEWWW!! That animation has to be the worst I've ever seen for a feature-length movie! It looks like a video game (and a poor quality one at that).

Hmmm...the voice cast looks decent. The story doesn't look that great. I really doubt it will be the "classic" they're expecting it to be. In fact, right now I think the only thing it has going for it is the historical accuracy.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Ah.... Interesting. It does look like a video game. Well, I will probably see it because my parents will see an advertisment for it, and take us to it. I will probably like it, but only as much as the Prince of Egypt. I hardly remeber that movie.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Odd animation indeed.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned The Ten Commandments--the one Heston was in. For me, that one is the standard for such movies. And I doubt I'd enjoy this one as much as that one.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Jonathan wrote:Odd animation indeed.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned The Ten Commandments--the one Heston was in. For me, that one is the standard for such movies. And I doubt I'd enjoy this one as much as that one.
Yeah, but every time they make attempts at film adaptations of Biblical stories, I hope for the best. Unfortunately that often leaves me disappointed. I'm so familiar with the stories that I basically already have like my own story board and script worked out in my head as to how it should be. I hope one of these days to walk into a theater and be happily surprised.