Your first time at the theater?

What movie did you watch?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:My first experience at the theatre . . . I think that I watched Like Mike a couple years ago.
It's quotes like this (people saying "Like Mike" was the first movie they saw in the theater) that make you vividly aware of how old you are, hehe.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

The original 1976 "Freaky Friday"
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

I've never been in a real theater. :-
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I think it was Toy Story... :-k

Oh, and I remember the movie Andre...I actually remember liking it when I was like...7- but my parents hated it. :-s
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

The first one i remember sseeing is The First Martian.
thelovelyrose
Fourscore and seven

Post by thelovelyrose »

The Parent Trap! When I first saw the little lights on the sides of the aisles, I was hooked. I've loved theaters ever since.

~now with High School Equivalence~
Thanks, Lizpaw and Pc Pro!
Fourmoons
Not Implemented

Post by Fourmoons »

I'm pretty sure it was 'Dinosaur'. I can't remember how old I was then.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

Fourmoons wrote:I'm pretty sure it was 'Dinosaur'. I can't remember how old I was then.
That was one of the first ones i saw too! I think it was when i was in 2nd grade.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

some movie with my parents and grandpa - but I don't remember what it was. THe first kids movie I remember seeing was prolly Snow White - though there may have been something before then depending on when Snow White was rereleased...
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Strangely enough, I never saw any kid movies in theaters when I was little. My first movie was Apollo 13 with my dad when I was 6, and then Titanic two years later. Yeah, definitely not kid movies...
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I think I saw one of the Aladdin movies in theaters, but I really don't know for sure. And I have no idea whether or not it was my first. I think I may have seen Toy Story as well. I don't remember a distinct first (and I don't think my mom does either).
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Hmm... Well, Arwen you would have only been 1 1/2 when Aladdin came out, and the two sequels were direct to video. I'm going to say Toy Story is a lot more likely as that was 3 years later. ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Macnut
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Darcie wrote:Hmm... Well, Arwen you would have only been 1 1/2 when Aladdin came out, and the two sequels were direct to video. I'm going to say Toy Story is a lot more likely as that was 3 years later. ;)
Darcie, how do you know all this stuff????

Yeah, I saw Toy Story in theaters and I remember seeing Pocahontas in theaters, too, I don't know if that came out before or after Toy Story. Ask Darcie...

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Macnut wrote:Darcie, how do you know all this stuff????
1. I knew Aladdin's release date because it came out on my 15th birthday.
2. I worked for 3 years at a Disney Store. It was my job to know this stuff. ;)
3. I have a poster with little pictures of all the major releases from Snow White thru Mulan and their years (not including Pixar's movies).
4. I knew Toy Story because they put '95 on all the products for it. (If you've never noticed, on tee shirts that are varsity style they put the year of the movie as the number.)
5. IMDB.
Macnut wrote:Yeah, I saw Toy Story in theaters and I remember seeing Pocahontas in theaters, too, I don't know if that came out before or after Toy Story. Ask Darcie...
I double checked IMDB, but I was pretty sure already that it was Pocahontas. That was released in summer and Toy Story came out at Thanksgiving. :D
Macnut
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Darcie wrote:
Macnut wrote:Darcie, how do you know all this stuff????
1. I knew Aladdin's release date because it came out on my 15th birthday.
2. I worked for 3 years at a Disney Store. It was my job to know this stuff. ;)
3. I have a poster with little pictures of all the major releases from Snow White thru Mulan and their years (not including Pixar's movies).
4. I knew Toy Story because they put '95 on all the products for it. (If you've never noticed, on tee shirts that are varsity style they put the year of the movie as the number.)
5. IMDB.
Macnut wrote:Yeah, I saw Toy Story in theaters and I remember seeing Pocahontas in theaters, too, I don't know if that came out before or after Toy Story. Ask Darcie...
I double checked IMDB, but I was pretty sure already that it was Pocahontas. That was released in summer and Toy Story came out at Thanksgiving. :D
:hilarious: You crack me up....

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Glad I could be good for a laugh. ;)

Oh, and I forgot to add #6: I only have a memory for completely useless information. \:D/
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Aha. I looked it up myself. I think I saw the King of Thieves one in theaters (I'm almost sure of it). And since I would have been 4 or 5, that would make more sense.

I'm unsure about Toy Story. I don't know that I went that young...but maybe. I think we used to go to more drive-ins, and it's possible I went to more of those when I was littler.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Darcie wrote:Glad I could be good for a laugh. ;)

Oh, and I forgot to add #6: I only have a memory for completely useless information. \:D/
lol...thanks, Darcie I probably won't be able to forget that useless information now!

the first movie I saw I think was Babe...I was about I dunno, 4 maybe? I begged and begged to go. all I remember was a boy running across a yard...... :-

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

I think the first movie I saw in theaters was Toy Story 2 when I was 10. \:D/
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Darcie wrote:Hmm... Well, Arwen you would have only been 1 1/2 when Aladdin came out, and the two sequels were direct to video. I'm going to say Toy Story is a lot more likely as that was 3 years later. ;)

Aladdin was released somewhere around 1992, and, if I remember correctly, was the first movie I saw in a theatre. I would have been around 8 at the time. Did anyone see Homeward Bound in the theatre? That was released the subsequent year, and was one of my favourite movies.