I Need To Learn The History Of AIO

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

I Need To Learn The History Of AIO

Post by Movieman »

My first post in Whit's End. :)

I want to catch up on the back story of Adventures In Odyssey. I realize the history is 20 years in the making, but is there a website or thread that has a description of the ENTIRE history (or even some of the early episodes)?

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

movieman85 wrote:My first post in Whit's End. :)

I want to catch up on the back story of Adventures In Odyssey. I realize the history is 20 years in the making, but is there a website or thread that has a description of the ENTIRE history (or even some of the early episodes)?
AIO fan sites have various info if you care to spend several hours reading up on them. :) I don't know if there's anything as concise as you'd like it but hopefully you'll find these links useful anyway.

Adventures in Odyssey Headquarters
This site is run by Nathan Hoobler, one of the AIO writers. He created it when he was simply a fan of the show. :) I don't normally visit it because I don't think it's updated too much anymore (though I could be wrong on that point), but there's plenty of stuff on there.

The Soda Fountain
The sister site of The Town of Odyssey! :D Shadowpaw did an excellent job with his very user-friendly site and you can find lots of show information here with more to come in the future.

The Odyssey Scoop
This site isn't updated too often anymore either but there's still lots of fun stuff left over from it's heyday.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

And, of course, there's Whit's End.org. \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

Do you want the history of the series itself? Or a history of the storylines that go on within the series? Or both?

Funny thing. I was planning on making a sort of Odyssey "history textbook", but I never got around to it. I should get back to that . . .
Everything written in this post is false.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:Do you want the history of the series itself? Or a history of the storylines that go on within the series? Or both?
I want a history of the AIO story, not the history of the radio show itself. :D

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Ah, you mean storylines like Blackgaard, Novacom, Eugene's father, and all that.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Read the Complete Guide, when the new one comes out.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

www.whitsend.org has summaries of every episode from "Whit's Flop" to "The Top Floor", so this should help you with the past and present storylines.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The show started with the adventures of Regis Blackgaard running an awesome shop called Blackgaard's Castle but eventually the evil Mr. Whittaker came onto the scene and he and his cronies shut Blackgaard down. :(
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i don't think that there is way to write a history of Odyssey which truly does justice to the program. we have the old "adventures in odyssey" book which gave a detailed description of each episode for the first twenty five or so volumes.

however........

personally, i think the only way to get a true history of the show is to simply listen to the episodes. for a show that has been on nearly twenty years, there just isn't that much "history". yes, there are episodes that move a complex story line along, but the program is not really about "story" as much as it is "relationships", if that makes sense.

in fact, if you concentrate too much on the history of Odyssey, you will pull your hair out as you try and figure out why Connie is in high school for fifteen years, while other characters who were younger than her are now off to college.

\:D/
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Connie was in high school because Whit masterminded a conspiracy to hold her back from graduating year after year in order to keep her working at Whit's End, obviously.

Either that, or Connie is a robot designed to be stuck at the age of sixteen.