Walker Edmiston

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

This is terrible! I found out about a week ago. He, Tom, and Bart will be greatly missed. :cry:
RIP Walker Edminston.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Walker will truly be missed. He was always amazing in his role as Tom, and as Bart as well. :cry:
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

This comes as a shock, just as Hal Smith's death came. This is very sad and he will be missed.

I do hope, though, that Bart and Tom's deaths be made part of a show upcoming. Perhaps a bus crash, or something. An episode about dealing with death would be appropriate. Also, for Bart's part in the show, it would be great if Doris would become a Christian, and Rodney would continue in his rebellion. Sort of like "Where Is Thy Sting?".
Everything written in this post is false.
Meo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Meo »

tom and bart should live and not die they should replace the voices with new voices.
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

yes he will be mist.odyssey with no bart and no tom.That will be strange.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Does anyone know the last episode he recorded ? They should dedciate it to him.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I'm not sure about what episode he last recorded; the last episode aired with him in it, so far, is Prequels of Love.

I am glad, though, that the next Official podcast will commemorate his life and all he brought to Odyssey through stories and memories shared by the cast.
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

This really is a downer for AIO fans. Tom, in many senses, was more of an anchor to the program that even Whit, especially with the change in voices from Smith to Herlinger.

The folksy drawl of Tom was a real drawing point to the show. I hope they don't bring in a different actor to play Tom - they should deal with death - it may have been awkward but it would have been nice to have some of this recorded years ago for the deaths of Tom, Jack, Bernard.

Most of all, it brings to light one of the most glaring weaknesses of AIO. They have not developed an adult role model for the kids. Think of how many adults there were in the so-called 'golden era': George Barclay, Whit, Bernard, Jack, and Tom. There are no adults tying the show together. I would encourage the writers to develop some older characters to replace Tom, Whit and the others - unless their intention is to discontinue the show.

Just one person's thoughts.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:mecry:
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

He shall be missed. :( What will become of Adventures With Odyssey with no Tom or Bart? :(
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

I do hope that "Tom Riley" dies in the show. What an excellent way to show kids that in Jesus, there really is no death. It could actually be a very uplifting and exciting show as characters in Odyssey talk about Tom's walk with Jesus.

Kids have to deal with death and AIO is the perfect platform to show kids that those who have Christ in their hearts have nothing to fear from it.

O:)
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

It seems like a good idea to have Tom Riley die on the show. But what's going to happen to Agnes? Also, I believe Bart should die as well, along with perhaps, Rodney and Doris changing for the better. Maybe even get saved, and perhaps Rodney becoming a respectable citizen, thus opening a spot for a new gang and a new town bully. Max, maybe?
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I think it was established on "The Present Long Ago" that Max wasn't a bully, per se. :-k

I'm not sure that I really want Tom to die on the show because then Whit loses his best friend. I realize that Jack Allen could sort of step into that role but he hasn't been heard in a long time and his actor is 87. :anxious:
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

If Tom does not die on the show, the show has further been cheapened. Why deal with every subject but this one? Death has not been dealt with since the Mortal Coil, and in reality since Karen.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

^ Where is Thy Sting?
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

A Lesson From Mike.^
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Dealing with death with characters that the audience has not connected with (Connie's grandma / Mike - come on!) is not quite the same. The audience is merely dealing with the grief second hand - with Tom it would be much different
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I would disagree. We heard from Karen as much, if not less, then Connie's Grandma. We also walked through the grief with Connie.

And Mike, well, you can check out my comments in that thread. It is more then capable of speaking to those who may be going through similar problems in real life.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Still, there's not been a major character die before, (other than Blackgaard, but that hardly counts since he's a villain... and not really dead ;)) so I think having Tom die would be best.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

http://movies.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group ... tos/browse

A memorial picture website for Walker.