American Idol

Anyone still watching it?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I didn't want Rudy and Paul to leave.. LaKisha is the best one though. I hope she wins!
Love is stronger than death.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

Candy Loveperson wrote:
agent3xpaw wrote:
Lady Simbelpaw wrote:
jammin paw wrote:
Jonathan wrote: Not only do I not know who Chris Sligh is, but I'm proud of that fact ;)
Me, too! I haven't watched a single episode.
I have never even seen a bit of it! :D
never have and probably never will...and I think that's a good thing ;)
Same With me...
I saw a TV show once where the star ran away, and I don't think I ever want to see it again :anxious:
I have never seen it either. The judges sound mean and it sounds like a show that is funny at the expense of others.
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i finally sat down with my wife the other night and watched American Idol for the first time this season. after hearing some of the performers, i think Connie Kendall actually has a shot on the show if she would try out.

:anxious:
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Let's vote for the worst contestant so American Idol dies!
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think that Lord_Kappa might have a good theory there! ;)

I never used to watch American Idol, but I started to this season, and I get anger issues every results show. ;) I couldn't believe that Sanjaya wasn't even in the bottom three last night! :insane:

I'm a terrible singer with no musical talent at all, so it's not like I'm the best judge of talent, but there are definitely people better than Connie on American Idol, I think. ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Lord_Kappa wrote:
It's that type of mindset that is keeping Sanjaya around. :roll:
Jasper Dale wrote:after hearing some of the performers, i think Connie Kendall actually has a shot on the show if she would try out.
Sad... but probably true. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I've not watched American Idol this year at all. And I hardly watched it ever before.

I heard a guy saying that, (see quote above), and thought that it was funny.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Lord_Kappa wrote:I heard a guy saying that, (see quote above), and thought that it was funny.
Yep, I knew it wasn't from you. ;)

There's an entire website dedicated to voting for worst contestants. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
josiahfrey
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by josiahfrey »

I like Melinda and I think she is a beliver by what she says on her Bio.
John 3:16
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I read something today, that the Producers are seriously worried that someone with absolutely no talent is going to win...

It makes me start thinking conspiracy theories. ;)
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Catspaw wrote:I never used to watch American Idol, but I started to this season, and I get anger issues every results show. ;) I couldn't believe that Sanjaya wasn't even in the bottom three last night! :insane:
Yeah, same here. I've been following this season, and I was just telling my best friend tonight that I'm struggling with un-Christian feelings toward Sanjaya. Especially after yesterday. :insane: :mad:
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Anyone who's been seen previous seasons of Idol would know that this isn't the first time it's happened, in which a mediocre/bad singer advances further than other contestants who are significantly better. Josh Gracin. Jasmine Trias. Anthony Fedorov. Taylor Hicks. :anxious:
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I haven't watched AI this season.... but I did last year and I *gulp* am a recovering Covais fan....... its true I fell for his love songs last year.... and he sent my heart souring into space *slaps self* But I am trying to forget it!! I also was a pretty big Will Makar fan (I guess I go for classical types) But I must recover and avoid it! plus this season look stupid.....oh well

RR
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Lord_Kappa wrote:
*likes that idea*
I'm a terrible singer with no musical talent at all,
Didn't you use to be in band or something?

*really really likes that idea up there*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote:
I'm a terrible singer with no musical talent at all,
Didn't you use to be in band or something?
I was in choir all through high school, but never in a band. You might be thinking of Lizzy - she can sing and play the piano in a way that makes people want to hear more, as opposed to wanting to leave before their eardrums kill them. ;)
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Phil is a Christian. He takes courses from Liberty Univeristy by correspondence, and his dad is a preacher.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

There's a great article regarding Christians in American Idol. Pretty interesting.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/ ... rship.html
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, I really enjoyed reading that article! Thanks so much for posting the link, Trent! \:D/ It's funny, because I had just got onto's Michael W. Smith's website because my sisterhad mentioned that he was endorsing a particular American Idol contestant on his site, but she couldn't remember who because she never watches it, but she knows that I have been recently. Then, just after I got on the site, I saw Trent's link in this thread and the article mentioned MWS's endorsement! \:D/
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I've actually watched American Idol for the first time this season, and I am actually enjoying it! My favorite contestant is Blake!
*returns*
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Thanks for posting the link to that article, Trent! That is indeed a good article!

Yeah, Chris Sligh's brother was my English teacher last semester. Chris is definitely a good christian guy. :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.