Which Christian Artist Is Ministering The Best

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Are Christian Musicians Doing A Good Job Of Ministering To Our Culture As A Whole?

Yes.
38%
No.
63%

Total votes: 8

Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Which Christian Artist Is Ministering The Best

Post by Movieman »

Which Christian artist/group is minstering the best to today's culture/society :pray: ? Not just other Christians, mind you :shame: , but to the secular world as well.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

I think that Relient K and Switchfoot are doing a pretty good job, but I wish that they would be a bit more open with their faith in their music.
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i think it is hard to "define" what ministering is. also, just because a person or group is "Christian", it shouldn't mean that a concert has to include a long alter call, etc.

for example, my wife and i went to see Casting Crowns earlier this year. we paid $40.00 a ticket, and while i understand the need for them to have a pastor speak in the middle of the concert and bascially have an alter call, it kind of irritated me that this took up about a fourth of the concert.

not that they shouldn't of had such a "call", but if you are going to charge high ticket prices, the "artist" should go the extra mile and put on a longer show if they do so.

i think people put too much pressure on Christian artists to jump through a zillion hoops when they perform in front of people. that's just my opinion, though.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

think people put too much pressure on Christian artists to jump through a zillion hoops when they perform in front of people. that's just my opinion, though.

If you're going to wear a shirt that says, "I am a Christian" you have to act pristine. If a band says, "We are Christians" they have to act pristine.
It's peer pressure, yes, but it's self inflicted peer pressure.

I don't listen to music, I have no idea.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I think Christian artists are doing a good job at ministering to Christians. But not to the rest of the world... which saddens me. As much as I love Christian artists, they just don't spread the gospel enough outside of their songs, and when they do it's usually just a watered-down, feel-good, Jesus-will-make-you-super-happy message. They rarely say anything about sin or why we need to be saved. But to be fair, a lot of modern evangelism is like that.

But I'm speaking very generally. Not all artists are like that. And there are often music tours with very good speakers who do share the gospel effectively.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I hear you on the Casting Crowns Deal, however, there is another side to that. I've heard that a good portion of their money from tickets and other places go to ministries and such.

AS for who is having an impact - THird Day/U2 are having a HUGE impact on the world with their AIDS outreach programs.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I would find a question of this nature quite... ambiguous. As far as 'ministering the best', the underlying point is this: ministering to whom? And when you ask that question, there's always a possible that one artist may not minister to a certain group of people, and yet minister greatly to other groups of people. It's really a matter of preference if you really look at it. Lots of people like Casting Crowns, but others like Switchfoot and Third Day, and even others still like Darlene Zschech.

U2? Last I heard they weren't a Christian artist. ;)
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

They started out Christian, once saved always saved, and all that. :noway:
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

The Top Crusader wrote:They started out Christian, once saved always saved, and all that. :noway:
I don't think Helen was doubting whether or not they were Christian, but rather that they were not showing their Christianity in their music.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

THey aren't a Christian band, no, but they do claim to be Christians, and Bono especially has become more outspoken about it over the past few years with his AIDS outreach program
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My point was only that they once were a Christian band. ;)

Yay for Joshua Tree! \:D/
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

The Top Crusader wrote:My point was only that they once were a Christian band. ;)

Yay for Joshua Tree! \:D/
Indeed they were O:) .

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com