Bible Quizzing

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Bible Quizzing

Post by H Tide »

Has anyone else heard of Bible Quizzing? For those who don't know, it's a competition where people grades 6-12 memorize a book of the Bible in the course of a year (sometimes two books, like 1 and 2 Peter), and then quiz on the Scripture they've memorized. It's organized by various churches who want to participate, and four times a year, there are quiz meets, where all the teams of all the churches in a certain area get together and quiz each other.

I've been quizzing for three years, and I have really enjoyed it. I've previously memorized Matthew, Romans and James, and am currently working on the book of Acts. Since the quiz practices are every week, I've enjoyed quizzing with my teammates, and the quiz meets are a lot of fun as well (though stressful for me at times). But it's safe to say that I've stored a lot of Scripture in my head. :)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yep, i've been in Bible Quizzing for 3 years, great experiences. :)
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

I do Bible Quizzing with AWANA. Is that the same thing?

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

By the time I found out about Bible Quizzing, I was too old. Well, I had one year to try it, so a couple people and I threw a team together. By the time I memorized 6 or 7 chapters of Matthew, no one on the team had memorized anything. We had to throw in the towel before it even started. :( Anyways, I'd say to get and stay involved while you can! It's really a win for everyone in terms of hiding Scripture in your heart, developing friendships, and good-naturedly competing. :)
Archer No Man
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Archer No Man »

H Paw wrote:Has anyone else heard of Bible Quizzing? For those who don't know, it's a competition where people grades 6-12 memorize a book of the Bible in the course of a year (sometimes two books, like 1 and 2 Peter), and then quiz on the Scripture they've memorized. It's organized by various churches who want to participate, and four times a year, there are quiz meets, where all the teams of all the churches in a certain area get together and quiz each other.

I've been quizzing for three years, and I have really enjoyed it. I've previously memorized Matthew, Romans and James, and am currently working on the book of Acts. Since the quiz practices are every week, I've enjoyed quizzing with my teammates, and the quiz meets are a lot of fun as well (though stressful for me at times). But it's safe to say that I've stored a lot of Scripture in my head. :)
I have I am on a team called Defenders of truth this is my first year bible quizzing (well its been over for a little while)
if you came all the way to my sig to get the money I said I would give you a week ago.........YOUR NOT GONNA GET IT *runs away*

Yes I know that with the new name you must not know who I am now but yes I am No Man *crowd gasps* LEADER OF THE BAND OF SCARY ARCHERS *crowd gasps* know you must all exile me and my band of scary archers and send the army after me and make it into a R rated movie
Tyrell
No way I broke the window

Post by Tyrell »

I Bible Quized for about two years... (It was under protest.)

But I'm not sure if it was just me.. but I really didn't care for it. :)
~S~
Archer No Man

Post by Archer No Man »

Tyrell wrote:I Bible Quized for about two years... (It was under protest.)

i liked it \:D/ ..hhmmpphh :noway:
if you came all the way to my sig to get the money I said I would give you a week ago.........YOUR NOT GONNA GET IT *runs away*

Yes I know that with the new name you must not know who I am now but yes I am No Man *crowd gasps* LEADER OF THE BAND OF SCARY ARCHERS *crowd gasps* know you must all exile me and my band of scary archers and send the army after me and make it into a R rated movie
Tyrell

Post by Tyrell »

No Man wrote:

i liked it \:D/
No you didn't, you just think you did! :noway:
~S~
Archer No Man

Post by Archer No Man »

Tyrell wrote:
No Man wrote:

i liked it \:D/
No you didn't, you just think you did! :noway:
yes I did and you had fun you just don't think you did

Tyrell

Post by Tyrell »

No Man wrote:you just don't think you did
No trust me I didn't.. :anxious:
~S~
Archer No Man

Post by Archer No Man »

Tyrell wrote:
No Man wrote:you just don't think you did
No trust me I didn't.. :anxious:
well g2g ttyl

PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Yes. I quizzed for 8 consecutive years. From age 11-19. (BQF) I made it to Nationals 5 times, but went 3.

Now I'm an assistant coach and we have 6 quizzes a year.. I go to Nationals even now. I've been an assistant coach and this year I may just get to watch! Cool!
Love is stronger than death.
Jack Davis
OK

Post by Jack Davis »

My cousins used to do quizzing, but we have never done it, though I would like to. Although, I am in contest called Talents for Christ, in Bible knowledge. Because of that I have been able to memorize I Timothy.
Thanks Darth Birdie for the HSE, and DanP740 for the HUGE donation.

COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

www.biblebowl.net

That's the program I do it with! \:D/ I'm with Valley View CC from Texas! \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

sounds cool! I did Bible Drills...but those are different. I might have to look into that!

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Nikki Nae
29K to go!

Post by Nikki Nae »

That sounds fun! I've always had a good memory, and I think that it would be a great experience to participate in something such as that. \:D/ I've memorized over thousands of verses from Awana and just my daily time, but to memorize a whole book would be a great achievement. I wonder if anyone has memorized the whole bible? :-k
-True friends will tell you the truth even at the risk of you leaving them. They will risk making you mad in order to love you.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D> I ADORE BIBLE QUIZZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D This topic makes me very happy!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

If Bible Bowl was a woman, I'd marry her. :inlove:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:If Bible Bowl was a woman, I'd marry her. :inlove:

-Cowboy
:hilarious:
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Conniepaw wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:If Bible Bowl was a woman, I'd marry her. :inlove:

-Cowboy
:hilarious:
I can't believe you said that out loud ;)
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith