Support Chat Pranks

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

sniper wrote:This isn't funny, tech support is hard enough without idiots like you making there live harder, I think its about time you grew up and got a life. And next time think about more than just yourself when looking for entertainment.
^Ouch.

Although I don't agree with this form of entertainment, I don't think name calling should happen either. But, it doesn't really matter what I think..just what God and Jesus think. How the authority put over us handles it, is up to them.
Love is stronger than death.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

On a board like the ToO, there are always going to be differences in opinion. I'm certainly not advocating wasting tech people's time and making their days even more miserable by making fake calls, but rudely condemning people for doing so is also not going to improve the ToO. Showing respect for others and showing grace to others goes a long way!
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Was I rude? :anxious: I didn't mean to be. I was just irritated and saddened at the same time. But, I never meant to be rude. If I was, then I'm sorry. Please forgive me. :pray: Condemning..I guess, but only in the sense as to what I stated in my first post.
Love is stronger than death.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I don't know.. If I was a text support guy, I think I'd be laughing hysterically at those convos..
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

That reminded me of something, Shad.

Has anyone seen the email about the Word Perfect support Tech? let me see if I can pull it up.
It's a bit of a push for the other side and let's us know that even Tech people have a sense of humor. They probably did prank calls when they were kids..

Although, I'm not advocating pranking your tech support. :)
I think this guy should have been promoted, not fired. This is a true story from the Word Perfect Helpline which was transcribed from a recording monitoring the customer care department. Needless to say, the Help Desk employee was fired; however, he is currently suing the Word Perfect organization for "Termination without Cause." This is the actual dialogue
(now I know why they record these conversations):

Employee--"Rich Hall, Computer Assistance; may I help you?"
Customer--"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with Word Perfect."
Employee--"What sort of trouble?"
Customer--"Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden, the words went away."
Employee--"Went away?"
Customer--"They disappeared."
Employee--"Hmmm So what does your screen look like now?"
Customer--"Nothing."
Employee--"Nothing?"
Customer--"It's a blank; it won' t accept anything when I type.">

Employee--"Are you still in Word Perfect, or did you get out?" Customer--"How do I tell?"
Employee--"Can you see the 'C:' prompt on the screen?"
Customer--"What is a sea prompt?"
Employee--"Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?"
Customer--"There isn't any cursor; I told you, it won't accept anything I type."
Employee--"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"
Customer--"What's a monitor?"
Employee--"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"
Customer--"I don't know"
Employee--"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?"
Customer--"Yes, I think so."
Employee--"Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall."
Customer--"Yes, it is."
Employee--"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"
Customer--"No."
Employee--"Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable."
Customer--"Okay, here it is."
Employee--"Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer."
Customer--"I can't reach."
Employee--"Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"
Customer--"No."
Employee--"Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"
Customer--"Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle, it's because it's dark."
Employee--"Dark?"
Customer--"Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window."
Employee--"Well, turn on the office light then."
Customer--"I can't."
Employee--"No? Why not?"
Customer--"Because there's a power failure."
Employee--"A power.......a power failure?.... Aha, Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and the packing stuff your computer came in?"
Customer--"Well, yes, I keep them in the closet."
Employee--"Good.. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it Then take it back to the store you bought it from".
Customer--"Really? Is it that bad?"
Employee--"Yes, I'm afraid it is."
Customer--"Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?"
Employee--"Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

:hilarious: Wow... he was totally justified in saying that, in my opinion!!
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I never really got what was funny about such things, to be honest....
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Paw.J. wrote:Was I rude? :anxious: I didn't mean to be. I was just irritated and saddened at the same time. But, I never meant to be rude. If I was, then I'm sorry. Please forgive me. :pray: Condemning..I guess, but only in the sense as to what I stated in my first post.
I didn't mean you. :)

I'm sure that some tech people do have fabulous senses of humour (as that call that Aram posted demonstrated) but wasting people's time while there are other people with real problems waiting doesn't seem fair. I have a feeling that dealing with people all day who don't connect a power outage to the fact that their computer is not working is not made any better by somebody trying to get a date with them, no matter how charming and intelligent he may sound. ;)
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

So, does this mean you want us to lock this thread?

;)
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Aram, that was awesome.. :hilarious:
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Im not one to prank random people but I <33 prankin friends and peeps I know a lil \:D/

btw xiao LOL :D
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Sense of humor? Humor me, what's that?

;)

That, McNab, was funny. That poor employee, I can't imagine the level of exasperation these people must experience.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

Those are so hilarious! I've seen some other type conversations that are quite funny.
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

I don't really like making prank phone calls, but I don't see anything wrong with prank answering machine messages. Such as . . .

"Okay . . . so how do you make one of these message thingies? Um . . . hmm . . . okay, I'll just wing it. Hello, person calling me! This is me, and if you want to talk to me, you can say what you were going to say, and the phone answering thing will tell it to me. You got that? Okay. Hey, is this thing even on? Is this recording? Oh, I don't know how this works! Lenny, come over here and help me with this! *pause* Okay, fine, I don't need you! Okay, I'm back. So, anyway, that's how you leave a message for me . . . did you get that? Can you hear me? Hello? HELLO?? Ah, forget it. Technology is a waste of time."

Provided your answering machine can fit all of that . . . you may have to shorten it a bit.
Everything written in this post is false.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

welcome back to your required dosage of humourous support chat pranks hosted by xiao...

please understand that by unlocking this thread the mod board is not advocating support chat pranking, but that if you do not agree with support chat pranks, you do not need to post here. if you have concerns with the content, contact the moderators with your concern, and please keep this thread's conversations civil. otherwise the topic will be locked for the last time and the users involved will be spoken to personally. if you are not the creator of the topic, do not tell people to lock this.

thank you.

whee.
Saber D: Are you using a notebook?
Saber D: According to the serial number provided by you, your model is HP Pavilion Notebook PC zd7030us, right?
Marissa Johnson: yes
Saber D: Currently you are in the Desktop support for North American customers.
Marissa Johnson: im hungry
Marissa Johnson: grab me a snickers
Saber D: We don't have expertise in Notebook/Laptop issues. However there is a dedicated support team for Notebook/Laptopx . You would need to contact them for resolving your issue.They can be reached the same way to logged on to this chat except to that you need to chose the appropriate product line. Okay?
Saber D: Hwoever, let me see, how I can assist you?
Marissa Johnson: I love you
Marissa Johnson: can you tell me how this chat knows my name
Saber D: You have mentioned your name in the web form before entering this chat session, right?
Marissa Johnson: no
Saber D: Then how did you enter this chat session?
Marissa Johnson: i pressed alt and f4 and this came up and it knew my name
Saber D: We get a box on the chat tool, where in your name and the e-mail ID information is present.
Saber D: Your name is Marissa Johnson
Marissa Johnson: i think the military is spying on my computer because sometimes it says "general error is reading your disc drie"
Marissa Johnson: *drive
Saber D: Your e-mail ID is: [email protected] <javascript:emaildetail()>
Marissa Johnson: is general error spying on my computer?
Saber D: No
Saber D: Not at all
Saber D: Your e-mail ID is: [email protected]
Marissa Johnson: is george w. bush taking troops out of iraq and having them spy on my computer
Saber D: Not at all
Marissa Johnson: i think he is because sometimes when im on a website a window comes up that says "join the military, save babies"
Saber D: Ok
Marissa Johnson: is your name really saber D, that is a cool name
Saber D: There is no relation between the website window and your computer being spied.
Saber D: Rest assured on that fact
Marissa Johnson: ok
Marissa Johnson: but what about general error
Marissa Johnson: what does he want from me the vietnam are not on my hard drive
Marissa Johnson: or the salamies...or islamies or whatever
Saber D: Your computer is not being spied.
Saber D: Rest assured on that.
Saber D: Since when you have been experiencing this issue?
Saber D: Since when you have experiencing this issue of getting a loud noise from the notebook?
Marissa Johnson: ever since this one time I was watching a military program on the discovery channel and i turned it off
Marissa Johnson: I think he is mad at me for turning the program off
Marissa Johnson: it was about a week ago
Saber D: As I have mentioned earlier, We don't have expertise in Notebook issues however there is a dedicated support team forNotebooks. You would need to contact them for resolving your issue.They can be reached the same way to logged on to this chat except to that you need to chose the appropriate product line.
Saber D: Shall I provide the URL to contact Notebook support?
Saber D: The loud noise could be due to varitely of reasons
Marissa Johnson: who is general error though
Marissa Johnson: why does he want to attack my salamies
Saber D: General error?
Saber D: Let me know the exact error
Marissa Johnson: the message box says general error is reading my computer
Saber D: Sinc e when you have been experiencing this issue?
Marissa Johnson: a week ago
Marissa Johnson: could you do me a favor, could you say
Marissa Johnson: "Sniper, this isn't mean so stop getting upset"
Saber D: What is this>?
Saber D: Where do you get the above message?
Marissa Johnson: whenever someone says that to me my computer gives me the message
Marissa Johnson: please say it to me in this chat and I will see if it does it
Saber D: Sniper, this isn't mean so stop getting upset
Marissa Johnson: ok thank you
Marissa Johnson: it just said "general error is reading your disc drive"
Marissa Johnson: did general error hire sniper
Saber D: You need to contact notebook support to get this issue resolved, as we do not have expertise on notebook related issues
Saber D: However, I recommend you perform a system restore.
Marissa Johnson: ok i will do this
Marissa Johnson: i love you
Saber D: Performing a system restore will restore WIndows Xp to an earlier date
Marissa Johnson: goodbye saber d
Marissa Johnson: thank you for your helping assistance helpful assist
Saber D: To perform a system restore, visit the URL given below:
Saber D: 1. Click Start, Programs or All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then System Restore. The Welcome to System Restore window opens.
2. Select Restore my computer to an earlier time, and click Next. The Select a Restore Point window opens.
3. Select a bolded date and a restore point, and then click Next.
4. Click OK if a pop-up window about closing programs appears. The Confirm Restore Point Selection window opens.
5. Click Next. The computer should shut down and turn back on automatically after the restoration completes. The Restoration Complete window appears.
6. Click OK. The computer has now been restored to a previous time when it worked correctly.
Marissa Johnson: i will go do it
Marissa Johnson: good bye
Saber D: Just a minute
Marissa Johnson: hmmmm
Saber D: I will also provide you an URL to contact the Notebook support:
Saber D: In future when you encounter any issues with your notebook, you need to contact Notebook chat support:
Saber D: http://tinyurl.com/35946t
Saber D: By visiting the above URL, you will be taken to notebook chat support
Saber D: Is there any other technical issue that I can assist you with?
Marissa Johnson: nope
Saber D: Are you completely satisfied with the level of support you received today?
Marissa Johnson: yes i love you
Marissa Johnson: this is the single best thing
Marissa Johnson: i have ever done
Saber D: You may receive a survey regarding this chat session, please feel free to rate this session. We would appreciate your feedback.
Saber D: As an additional resource, I would like to share an article titled "Increasing System Resources and Performance without Adding Memory". The steps in this article would help in maintaining the performance of your computer and help you get the best out of it. I suggest you perform the steps once, every two weeks for best results. Please visit: (link)
Marissa Johnson: tell your boss you deserve a raise because you are awesome
Saber D: Note: Do not click on the web link. Copy and paste the entire URL in address bar and press enter.
Saber D: I would be more happy if you could enter your esteemed and most important comments in the survey link that would be sent out by us shortly. The survey requires just two minutes of your time. The ultimate goal is to reach dizzying heights in customer satisfaction.
Marissa Johnson: dizzying heights
Marissa Johnson: that is epic
Marissa Johnson: and inspiring
Saber D: With your permission, shall I disconnect this chat session?
Saber D: Thank you for using HP Total Care for Desktops and giving us an opportunity to serve you through Real-Time Chat. A copy of our chat session will be e-mailed to you shortly. You may also receive a chat survey. We would appreciate your feedback. Please contact us again if you require any further assistance. We are available 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Our exclusive Owner Services will help keep all of your HP and Compaq products up and running. Please visit our Web site at: <http://www.hp.com/home/ownerservices>.
Saber D: Good Bye!!
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Noriko
Not as new

Post by Noriko »

curse those salamies or islamies or whatever!
[i'm bored. mmmmhmm.]
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Noriko wrote:curse those salamies or islamies or whatever!
Is it possible general error hired sniper!?! :O
trinity4888
Gold Member

Post by trinity4888 »

Who is general error though? Why does he want to attack my salamies? :hilarious:
~Trinity B.~
Trinity: I don't believe in the catagoration of food. If it wants to be a fruit it can be fruit. If it wants to be vegetable it can be a vegetable. In todays society anyone and anything can be whatever they so wish.
Siblings: How do you know which it wants to be?
Trinity: I just ask! I say 'Hey apple! You wanna be a fruit or a vegetable?' And the apple will say back to me 'Well, I always wanted to be a vegetable.' So I just say back 'Thus you are' and down the hatch said vegetable goes!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

McNab wrote:That reminded me of something, Shad.

Has anyone seen the email about the Word Perfect support Tech? let me see if I can pull it up.
It's a bit of a push for the other side and let's us know that even Tech people have a sense of humor. They probably did prank calls when they were kids..
<etc.>
http://www.snopes.com/humor/business/wordperf.htm
Hmm.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

sonuna wrote:
McNab wrote:That reminded me of something, Shad.

<etc.>
http://www.snopes.com/humor/business/wordperf.htm
Hmm.
Haha... I went to the link there to the original post. They copied word for word for the email forward, except for the part about the last bit being him fantasizing. :lol:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon