Pan's Labyrinth

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

ROFL, top was joking. It's in spanish. :P

It's about a little girl who's life is so harsh that she uses her imagination to escape to another place, a place of innocence. However, it is unspecified if it is her imagination or if the fantasy is real.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

xiao wrote:ROFL, top was joking. It's in spanish. :P

It's about a little girl who's life is so harsh that she uses her imagination to escape to another place, a place of innocence. However, it is unspecified if it is her imagination or if the fantasy is real.
sounds interesting..but i totally don't watch R rated movies whatsoever...like, maybe one day i'll see the passion but that's probably it! it is R rated right?

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

snowflake wrote:
xiao wrote:ROFL, top was joking. It's in spanish. :P

sounds interesting..but i totally don't watch R rated movies whatsoever...like, maybe one day i'll see the passion but that's probably it! it is R rated right?
Yes, Pan's Labyrinth is rated R. It is a very violent movie. It portrays the hardness of the little girl's life as it should be portrayed, not prettied-up or washed-down.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Xiao, you'll be happy to know that Pan's Labyrinth won an Oscar for best choreography, though sadly it didn't win Best Foreign. :(

Haystack

P.S I didn't see the movie, and I'm not planning too, but it sounds like a very interesting concept.

p.p.s Wow, looks like it won for Art Direction and Makeup as well.

Edited for double-posting. ~Lizpaw
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings