The Lost Episodes

Thoughts?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I don't even have a Christian Bookstore.:(
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Smaug the dragon wrote:I don't even have a Christian Bookstore.:(
That is sad. I could not survive without one.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

> don't even have a Christian Bookstore
are you sure? There's a list at WhatGoesIntoTheMind.com in case you want to check in your area.

peace,
-king shasta
Lulu the Paw
29K to go!

Post by Lulu the Paw »

Does it really have 500? I didn't see that one on the list, and I think it would a really fun little ep to have.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Yes, the album does have 500 on it. It's not on the list because it's included as a bonus feature on CD-ROM.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It also has Inside the Studio included as a bonus feature on CD-ROM.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

shasta wrote:> don't even have a Christian Bookstore
are you sure? There's a list at WhatGoesIntoTheMind.com in case you want to check in your area.

peace,
-king shasta
Well I live in Ireland, so I don't think that I would find something there...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yayness! \:D/ Today I went to the local credit union before work, and the local Christian bookstore is right next to it (it really is a good, if somewhat dangerous, arrangement ;)) and had enough time to go see if they finally had the Lost episodes set, and they did! \:D/ I haven't had time to listen to anything yet, but I'll try to soon!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Our copy of The Lost Episodes finally arrived in the mail today! I ordered it over a month ago from FOTF, so I'm glad to finally have the album in my possession. :D
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

AHHH! Don't tempt me! :insane:

Actually.... I just got several radio theatre sets, so I'm trying to restrain myself from ordering anything else from amazon.com. For now. But rest assured it will be in my possession someday :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Lost album is available in just about all of the Christian bookstores in my area. I should know because I have had mine since the 18th of December. :D
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i'm curious, is there any episode that stands out? we don't have our copy yet and i'm hoping that there will be some "gem" that will make the set worth buying.

sometimes in the middle of an otherwise boring episode, one of the main characters will say a line or something that just cracks me up.

..........gonna pick up our copy this weekend.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Laurie wrote:I should know because I have had mine since the 18th of December. :D
Way to stick it in our faces, Laurie. =D> ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DePaw wrote:
Laurie wrote:I should know because I have had mine since the 18th of December. :D
Hey, if you order from FOTF you are going to wait. Buying them in the stores is much faster, and then there is the instant gratification factor. You brought it on yourself by ordering from FOTF. They are so very slow even when they have the item you want in stock, they are even slower than slow when they don't have the item. If you want the albums and not the wait don't order from FOTF. :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Laurie wrote:Hey, if you order from FOTF you are going to wait. Buying them in the stores is much faster, and then there is the instant gratification factor. You brought it on yourself by ordering from FOTF. They are so very slow even when they have the item you want in stock, they are even slower than slow when they don't have the item. If you want the albums and not the wait don't order from FOTF. :D
I ordered from FOTF because I had a coupon I wanted to take advantage of. Even without the coupon, I would have paid an extra $15-$20 more if I had purchased it at our local Christian retailer. But once I get around to ordering the other gold albums, I'll probably go with Amazon or CBD. :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I ordered The Lost Episodes and I hope it'll be arriving soon! \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Laurie wrote:
Trent DePaw wrote:
Hey, if you order from FOTF you are going to wait. Buying them in the stores is much faster, and then there is the instant gratification factor.
Indeed. I never order them online, I just go to a bookstore.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DePaw wrote:
Laurie wrote:Hey, if you order from FOTF you are going to wait. Buying them in the stores is much faster, and then there is the instant gratification factor. You brought it on yourself by ordering from FOTF. They are so very slow even when they have the item you want in stock, they are even slower than slow when they don't have the item. If you want the albums and not the wait don't order from FOTF. :D
I ordered from FOTF because I had a coupon I wanted to take advantage of. Even without the coupon, I would have paid an extra $15-$20 more if I had purchased it at our local Christian retailer. But once I get around to ordering the other gold albums, I'll probably go with Amazon or CBD. :anxious:
Even with CBD and Amazon you will end up waiting. I have found books and even AIO items long before CBD has them in stock. Last night is an excellent example of that, I ordered a book from B&N that CBD states is not going to ship until February 19. Amazon had it "Available for Pre-Order." Plus, CBD is usually wrong when it comes to shipping dates.
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

Laurie wrote:
Trent DePaw wrote:
Even with CBD and Amazon you will end up waiting. I have found books and even AIO items long before CBD has them in stock. Last night is an excellent example of that, I ordered a book from B&N that CBD states is not going to ship until February 19. Amazon had it "Available for Pre-Order." Plus, CBD is usually wrong when it comes to shipping dates.
i think it depends on where you live. CBD ships within 3-4 days for me. I have never had a problem!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Conniepaw wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Trent DePaw wrote:
i think it depends on where you live. CBD ships within 3-4 days for me. I have never had a problem!

That is IF they have the item you want in stock. When it says on their website "Available to ship on 2/19/07" they won't be shipping within 3-4 days even if you use the most expensive shipping method.