The definition of Pain

Winter has arrived

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Down here in Georgia we're getting up into the 70's. >_<
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

I say, for all the global warning hype its sure cold here. Two days ago we had the wind chills of -40, wind blowing 20 miles an hour, and a degree of -10 F. Yesterday 6 inches of snow blew in and today we're expected to get a high of 0.
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

as far as i know, Jonathan. we were talking yesterday and we had concluded that the twin cities were colder then it was in grand forks as of yesterday. i dont know about today at all. but it is cold. and the only thing i hate about winter is the driving and sometimes how cold it gets....
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

It has been snowing here slightly for a week, but yesterday we had a blizzard and everything shut down. Cars were sliding all over the place outside and my neighbor even went skiing down the street (we live on a hill). It was awesome, except for the fact that I had parked my car in the street instead of the driveway like normal because we had a u-haul in the driveway (I bought a piano!! \:D/ ) and these cars kept going up the hill and stopping at the stop sign, and then starting to slide back down the hill into my car....it was so nervewracking! This one car came within inches, and another truck went down the hill sideways within a foot of my car. When Cliff got home, he finally moved my car into the driveway for me with the help of the neighbors pushing it.
I used to love the snow when I lived in Minnesota and cities were prepared with plows, and houses were insulated. But in Oregon snow falls and everyone panics and snowplows don't exist until the city finally rents some. People are like--this rain is white!!! What do we do?!?!?!? :mad: AUGHGHGH!!!! The whole city literally shut down--my mom ended up sleeping on the floor at work becuase the freeway was shut down and she couldn't get home even though she had chains!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hope wrote:as far as i know, Jonathan. we were talking yesterday and we had concluded that the twin cities were colder then it was in grand forks as of yesterday. i dont know about today at all. but it is cold. and the only thing i hate about winter is the driving and sometimes how cold it gets....
And for most of the last week I've been fifty degrees colder then you ;) . More then that if you count the wind chill.

And it finally warmed back up! I was able to wear sandals outside today \:D/
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Jonathan wrote: And it finally warmed back up! I was able to wear sandals outside today \:D/
22 is not sandal weather! :cold:

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

its bare feet weather here \:D/
Hope

Post by Hope »

Jonathan wrote:
Hope wrote:as far as i know, Jonathan. we were talking yesterday and we had concluded that the twin cities were colder then it was in grand forks as of yesterday. i dont know about today at all. but it is cold. and the only thing i hate about winter is the driving and sometimes how cold it gets....
And for most of the last week I've been fifty degrees colder then you ;) . More then that if you count the wind chill.

And it finally warmed back up! I was able to wear sandals outside today \:D/
lol you are so strange. i couldnt wear sandals in our weather, i wouldnt want to!!!!!