Tomboy or Girly-girl?

(mainly a girl topic)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Which one are you?

Girly-girl
7%
Tomboy
33%
Tomboy and Girly-girl
60%

Total votes: 30

Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Tomboy or Girly-girl?

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

Are you a tomboy or girly-girl?

I was wondering how many of you were tomboys or girly-girls. At my church I am like the only tomboy.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Girlly girls who can squish bugs. :inlove:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I guess I'm mostly girly-girl. But I'm not so bad off that I can't kill a spider/bug.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Vixen wrote:I guess I'm mostly girly-girl. But I'm not so bad off that I can't kill a spider/bug.

What are you doing Saturday night? :inlove:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

CA is a girly-girl! \:D/
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Comet wrote:
Vixen wrote:I guess I'm mostly girly-girl. But I'm not so bad off that I can't kill a spider/bug.

What are you doing Saturday night? :inlove:

-Cowboy
:roll: Right.
Saturday night? I'm staying right here in KS. :roll:
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

I'm not really either, or I guess I'm both, but I'm not just one or the other. I mean, I like playing football (usually not with guys other than my brothers), but sometimes I like dressing up and stuff. I guess I'm more tomboy that girly but not really. Maybe I'm just confused :?

And yes, I can kill bugs. In fact, sometimes, I rather enjoy it :badgrin:

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I like tomboys :inlove: Although some girly-girls can be pretty sweet too. ;)

\:D/
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I'd have to say neither... I guess?

It depends on what you mean by girly-girl, though. I'd definitely say I'm NOT a Tomboy, though. That phrase has always confused me, though. Seriously, shouldn't it be TomGIRL?

Ahem, anyway... By Wikipedia's definition, I'm neither. So, I'm right back where I started. Hm.

EDIT: Oh, wait... I'm a cheerleader. Does that make the scale tip more to the "girly-girl" side?

Sarah
Last edited by Sarah on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

WINDSHEAR wrote:I like tomboys :inlove: Although some girly-girls can be pretty sweet too. ;)

\:D/
girly-girls are better ;)
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

I guess Im a tomboyish bc I play volleyball but Im more of a girly girl
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I don't think volleyball makes a person particularly more girly. My dad was surprised at how agressive our volleyball team is. :D But then we win.

I'm a tomboy. Always have been, always will be. I despise shopping. I despise being FORCED to wear a dress, though I will wear one [and I like skirts] when the mood strikes me.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I despise shopping.
Me too. Unless it's for something interesting, like books \:D/

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Tomboy. Definitely.

I have two brothers and two sisters and growing up we spent a good amount of time outside. We built countless "forts" and spent a lot of time in the creek that runs through our backyard and building traps to trip up the boys that would run through our yard. It was good fun. After my older siblings grew up I started playing with my younger brother and his friends more. I played several football and basketball games with him and his friends. And my friends have always been more tomboyish...

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Donner wrote:CA is a girly-girl! \:D/
What?! I'm the one who had to carry that bale of hay this summer, when you complained your poor hands were hurting. :noway:

I can be a bit... girly-girlish... But I've got a ... tomboy side of me, too. I suppose you could say I like to rebel against the stereotypical girl who never gets dirty, and wears dresses all the time. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

A girly-girl and tomboy. Weird mix, huh?! I like to, ok love to shop,I (don't usually) get weird around boys,(except the boy I like),don't get squealy around insects and blood, don't wear makeup,except maybe some lip gloss. I also like wearing dresses. There are many different things, I can't think of right now, though.

I'm strange and unique,and I can't climb trees. \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm kind of complex, I suppose. I don't like dresses and have only recently acknlowledged pink as a decent colour, but I try to convince other people to kill any nearby bugs and am not exactly made of muscle. ;) At work I sometimes lift softener salt bags (they're 20 kgs) and some people, often older customers, think that some guy should be doing it. That, of course, only makes me far more interested in lifting them myself. ;) Just because I lift them one at a time, not three at a time, doesn't make me helpless. :roll:

Sooo...not a tom-boy and not too girly. *high-fives Jessica* :highfive:
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Mrs. Claus wrote:Sooo...not a tom-boy and not too girly. *high-fives Jessica* :highfive:
Yay! We're a team destined to lift heavy things ourselves and ruin our backs at an early age! Gooooooo us! \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Continental Admiral wrote:
Mrs. Claus wrote:Sooo...not a tom-boy and not too girly. *high-fives Jessica* :highfive:
Yay! We're a team destined to lift heavy things ourselves and ruin our backs at an early age! Gooooooo us! \:D/
Yes! We rock! \:D/ I feel inspired to go to work tomorrow and lift salt with a new vigor! \:D/ Of course, I usually can just make somebody else do it anyway. ;)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I will have to go along with the 50-50 tomboy and girly group. I was both a cheerleader and an Explorer (Boy Scout). I have done work as a dancer and also lifting heavy things. I prefer to be both at the same time. Luckily as modern women, we have the luxury of doing that. :D
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon