Amazing fact about Dave Madden (Bernard)!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Guys, this is depressing. :mecry:

I think we should lock this thread, I just can't take it any more. :surrender:

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

These guys work for a Christian company but that doesn't mean their Christians. Yet it'd be extra nice if they were :)
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

What's especially sad is that Madden and Young have been so close to Christ (even quoting the gospel in their lines) yet have not been convinced of the truth. Brings to mind the story of the woman with the issue of blood for 12 years who touched Christ and was healed. The Bible talks about the crowd surrounding Jesus about 6-8 times in that passage, yet the woman is the only one mentioned who is healed. You can be so close to Christ yet not know him.

Brings to mind a secondary issue about Focus on the Family using these guys to act in this series. What kind of power does the show lack due to these decisions? Similar to using the homosexual actor to portray Nate Saint in The End of the Spear - - - this is what is truly saddening.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

That movie is so sad! :mecry:
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i dont' mean to sound judgemental, but i think people should be careful about the potential of spreading gossip and misinformation. granted, i have not done any "research" to find out if the things said about dave madden and alan young are true, but it's possible that things are being said out of context or that people's views have changed through the years.

while it would bother me to learn that a lot of the odyssey cast are not believers in Jesus, instead of being upset, we should all pray for them that they will be drawn to Jesus through the work that they do on the show.

also, consider that if it is true that many people on the show aren't Christians, they obviously are not "hateful" of Christianity or they would never take on such an acting role for such a long time. on top of that, dr. dobson and focus on the family are hated by the media and i am sure that any association with focus certainly would not help their careers.

perhaps we should all take time and pray for them and allow God to work in their lives.

:pray:

sorry, i tried to delete and i double posted......

Edit: Double post removed. Please try to avoid double posting by editing your first post. Thanks! ~Vixen
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Jasper Dale wrote:i dont' mean to sound judgemental, but i think people should be careful about the potential of spreading gossip and misinformation. granted, i have not done any "research" to find out if the things said about dave madden and alan young are true, but it's possible that things are being said out of context or that people's views have changed through the years.

while it would bother me to learn that a lot of the odyssey cast are not believers in Jesus, instead of being upset, we should all pray for them that they will be drawn to Jesus through the work that they do on the show.

also, consider that if it is true that many people on the show aren't Christians, they obviously are not "hateful" of Christianity or they would never take on such an acting role for such a long time. on top of that, dr. dobson and focus on the family are hated by the media and i am sure that any association with focus certainly would not help their careers.

perhaps we should all take time and pray for them and allow God to work in their lives.

:pray:

sorry, i tried to delete and i double posted......

Edit: Double post removed. Please try to avoid double posting by editing your first post. Thanks! ~Vixen
well said