The Story of your name

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

STRYPER wrote:My name? :anxious:

Well, as a teenager I was fixated with Christian 80's rock/metal bands. Petra, Whiteheart, Holy Soldier, DeGarmo and Key, Whitecross and of course Stryper.

At age 11-12 when I started playing video games needing a callsign or username, I would always enter "Killer" (yeah completely unimaginative :roll:, I know). After I found the band Stryper several years later, I thought to myself, "what cool name!" Thus whenever I have had to chose a code name for myself I have used the rather cool name Stryper who based their name after Isaiah 53:5 "by His stripes, we are healed."

However, I have another name that is latin that I will probably end up using for the rest of my life. To me, Stryper is appearing more and more juvenile. I've considered changing my name here but I, like Arwen, hate changing my name.
Thats a nice long history!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

My name came from just browsing, and then picking out a good Odyssey name.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

What was your latin name idea STRYPER? (I have heard the band Stryper, I never put two and two together though. ](*,) )

My name is from the Greek character Kappa. However, Kappa sounds dumb by itself, and is also the name of a soccer company, so I threw "Lord" in front of it. I'm a big fan of underscores, so tada, that went inbetween.

I took Greek before I made me name. I thought that the kappa looked and sounded cool, so it became my favorite (ancient greek) letter. ( :-$ don't tell omega.)

Oh, P.S. I made this name like 3 years ago on another board. It's moved along with me. Long ago in a galaxy far away I was 'tfbo'
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

my latin name is the name I've used just about everywhere else. It's been my email address since... like... before the internet was even popular, and slowly, I've changed my usernames from Stryper to this latin one. Stryper is actually quite a popular name so it gets increasingly difficult to find a place where someone doesn't already have it. I have no trouble at all with my little latin one.

I think here and eBay are the only two sites I still log into with "stryper."

Probably the reason why no one has my latin name is because it's extremely crude latin. If I wrote it the way the Romans would have said it, it wouldn't have looked as cool, so I added an optional (but still acceptable) word and changed the order (which is also acceptable in latin) to make it sound cool.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I'm taking Latin, what was your name? :)
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

Zelda Jacobs wrote:My user name Zelda came from... you guessed it the Zelda games! :D I thought that Zelda was the guy you controlled and I couldn't stand the princess. Until I found out. And the Jacobs part is because I like the name Jacob NOT because of Robin Jacobs. :noway:

Here's somthing else about my name. The Jacob part came from the Jacob
guy in the Bible. :D
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Lord_Kappa wrote:I'm taking Latin, what was your name? :)
Oh, you mean my username for my email address and practically everything else... :anxious:

I'll PM you :-$
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

My username at forums is usually ChristFollower (CF), a trend which started a few years ago, but this time I just went with my name. Yeah, boring, right? I may change it in sometime... :-k

Oh, and I just want to say that hardly anyone calls me Lizzie in real life. In fact, my spelling of "Lizzie" changes almost every day, so feel free to call me Liz, Elizabeth...
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

well Liz_Horton is obvoise :P but i have 3 other names wich are i'm a narniac (i was obsessed w/ Narnia for a while) T-boneluver (my favorite rapper) and bored- on the chat i used to say /me bored alot so i would just change my name to bored and it so stuck :P
LEa