If you had to date one person in Odyssey who would it be????

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

would you date

of course
28%
no way dating is for non christians
21%
only if i found someone i want to date!!!
51%

Total votes: 119

Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Pc Pro wrote:
Bigbird9339 wrote:and why might i ask?
cuzs I think theses better ways :-#
Man what a great answer, that really answered my question...LOL!!
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

Bigbird9339 wrote:Mitch sounds kinda wierd to me. He's pretty close to geek. Sorry.......
shame on you no he dosent!!!!!!!!!
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Excuse you but I think he is, that doesn't mean he actually is but thats my opinion. Mitch is a geek. I rather go out with Wooton than Mitch!
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

Bigbird9339 wrote:
Pc Pro wrote:
Bigbird9339 wrote:and why might i ask?
cuzs I think theses better ways :-#
Man what a great answer, that really answered my question...LOL!!
\
I am glad it did :angelfly:
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

dude, sarcasim is a foreign language to you isn't it...
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

never hear of it \:D/ =;
library geek
Lurker

Post by library geek »

Joni_Slade wrote:
Rachael wrote:Wives of Fictional Antagonists Anonymous
*laughs madly* That's awesome. "Salkers of the Unreal" might be better since it's a little more general, though. I'm seriously enamored with a number of fictional characters.
We should go start a MySpace group or something. I'm afflicted with the same...um...affliction. Especially with regards to Richard Maxwell. I think I've gone through more fan-angst over Samwise Gamgee, though. Especially the part where he's contemplating suicide. Still, none of this has ever inspired me to commit that crime of fanfiction, the MarySue. I have written bad fanfiction comparing my real life relationships to the relationships of fictional characters, but that's different.
*deep breath* I'm about halfway through reading the fanfiction you have posted, Joni. It's brilliant.
"In life there are only two pursuits, love and power, and no man can have both." - Terry Scott Taylor
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I don't think I'm old enough to date yet, and besides I don't like dating anyway. But if I had to I'd pick Trent DeWhite definatly! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
AREM350
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AREM350 »

The model....."MONICA" oh yeah! \:D/
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

library geek wrote:
Joni_Slade wrote:
*laughs madly* That's awesome. "Salkers of the Unreal" might be better since it's a little more general, though. I'm seriously enamored with a number of fictional characters.
We should go start a MySpace group or something. I'm afflicted with the same...um...affliction. Especially with regards to Richard Maxwell. I think I've gone through more fan-angst over Samwise Gamgee, though. Especially the part where he's contemplating suicide. Still, none of this has ever inspired me to commit that crime of fanfiction, the MarySue. I have written bad fanfiction comparing my real life relationships to the relationships of fictional characters, but that's different.
*deep breath* I'm about halfway through reading the fanfiction you have posted, Joni. It's brilliant.
*Gags violently* NOT THE DREADED MARY SUE! :mad: Seriously though, they are so annoying. Thankfully I haven't spotted any in Odyssey fanfiction...yet.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
library geek
Lurker

Post by library geek »

the_newfie_haystack wrote: Thankfully I haven't spotted any in Odyssey fanfiction...yet.
That was an ominous "yet"...
"In life there are only two pursuits, love and power, and no man can have both." - Terry Scott Taylor
AIOaddict1988
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AIOaddict1988 »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:
library geek wrote:
Joni_Slade wrote:
*Gags violently* NOT THE DREADED MARY SUE! :mad: Seriously though, they are so annoying. Thankfully I haven't spotted any in Odyssey fanfiction...yet.

Haystack
Could you explain to the uninformed what a "Mary Sue" is?
- Sean
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Yeah, I was wondering that too... an idealized character in the fanfiction world, created by the author (a very short summary)- read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

So if I wrote a fanfic about Jason meeting this super-cool, totally fabulous girl (who might just happen to have the same name as me ;)) and they started dating, that girl would be a Mary Sue. I've gotten the general impression that they generally aren't looked up with favour. I read a little bit of POTC fanfic (I really couldn't recommend most of what I read) and some of the titles and descriptions are hilariously filled with Mary Sues. Will has a sister looking for him; Jack has a sister; somebody has a long-lost love; somebody who is totally perfect shows up out of the blue and does something heroic...generally not even worth reading the descriptions. ;)

*rushes off to write a great story with a cool Jason and Catspaw idea* ;)
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Catspaw wrote:So if I wrote a fanfic about Jason meeting this super-cool, totally fabulous girl (who might just happen to have the same name as me ;)) and they started dating, that girl would be a Mary Sue. I've gotten the general impression that they generally aren't looked up with favour. I read a little bit of POTC fanfic (I really couldn't recommend most of what I read) and some of the titles and descriptions are hilariously filled with Mary Sues. Will has a sister looking for him; Jack has a sister; somebody has a long-lost love; somebody who is totally perfect shows up out of the blue and does something heroic...generally not even worth reading the descriptions. ;)

*rushes off to write a great story with a cool Jason and Catspaw idea* ;)
Yeah, that's basically what a Mary Sue is. They are abundant in websites like Fanfiction.net. I was practically driven out of the CoN section because of the sheer number of them. However, they're are stories where people goe 'Mary Sue Hunting' out there as well. I once read one of them (Along with the reviews) and I laughed my head off.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I'd date Richard Maxwell!! I think he's cute although he cheats on his girls, went to jail, and burned down a barn... But I still think he's cute!
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

You think he's cute on the basis of his voice perhaps? ](*,)

Dating is for non-christians! :shame:
I would date Connie
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Well, if you don't date then what do you do? Just look at sombody and go, " Oohh! What a hottie! Will you marry me?"
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

The Bible says, "If it causes you to sin, cut it off." So if I see anyone and am tempted to date them (Dating is a sin!) Then I'll have to kill them. :-
This is just a bit... off topic.

How does this topic get away with being in Whits End? Shouldn't it be moved to Hillingsdale? :-k
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Why is dating a sin? I doth understand what you just posted?!?!?